Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trials of Osiris

• 13-01-2016 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

C'mon people, where's your sense of adventure.

Tips, maps, load out help, that goes here. Probably fit in fireteams here also.

I've played more trials since TTK launch and have really enjoyed it, not all the time mind but more often than not.

Play smart, play as a team, get those revives.

Flawless awaits Guardian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Here's a tip: Cormacs old favourite (the 2-shot Shotgun) is no longer viable :(

Looking forward to putting together a montage of me using Found Verdict, The Next Big Thing, Strongbow-D and having loads of crying and sad music over it

If you're using a sidearm without rangefinder, you're using the wrong sidearm :P

• Registered Users Posts: 44,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Suck with a sniper. Suck at Trials.

Trials of Snipers, eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Sidearm with crowd control and battle runner, why use anything else? If you need rangefinder shouldn't you be using your primary (Doctrine of Passing)? Granted I don't have a sidearm with it but honestly it's sniper time most of the time anyways.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Sidearm with crowd control and battle runner, why use anything else? If you need rangefinder shouldn't you be using your primary (Doctrine of Passing)? Granted I don't have a sidearm with it but honestly it's sniper time most of the time anyways.

Hold up a second, you literally name checked an Auto Rifle..... Get Out of this Thread you scrub!!!

Cormac... wrote: »
    Hold up a second, you literally name checked an Auto Rifle..... Get Out of this Thread you scrub!!!

Play trials, get best weapon. Scrubadubdub.

• Advertisement

Play trials, get best weapon. Scrubadubdub.

I already have a Year 1 The Messenger*, thank you very much :P

*may have included a live twitch stream of a carry to the lighthouse, no evidence remains though, could also be hyperbolic speculation

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

If you suck at trials, find two people willing to carry you! :D

Other than that practice helps... form a 3-person fireteam and play 3v3 game types together to develop the skills and tactics of 3v3 games and learn the maps.

Practice sniping. Equipping armour that is useful for 3v3 encounters such as fast-res or additional grenades all helps.

I already have a Year 1 The Messenger*, thank you very much :P

*may have included a live twitch stream of a carry to the lighthouse, no evidence remains though, could also be hyperbolic speculation

Is that the adept version by any chance?

Luckily I've not had to operate with such crutches.

Is that the adept version by any chance?

Luckily I've not had to operate with such crutches.

Of course, and it was Void. There used to be these weird things called Nightfalls where, now bare with me, Elemental Primaries existed and made things easier, one might even say they "melted" enemies.

Another tip for Trials i find is to start off with a game or 2 of Skirmish/Salvage to warm your group up before you launch into Trials..... obviously not an issue if you're running the same group of 3 players, but if you swap players and want to make a genuine attempt at going 5, 7 or 9 wins, spending 15 mins warming up is worth it
    CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Equipping armour that is useful for 3v3 encounters such as fast-res or additional grenades all helps.

Just don't ALL 3 of you run Fast-Revieve armour, it's pointless, you only need 2 people to run it as the 3rd is superfluous since the perk works both ways

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have done Iron Banner etc but not trials haha

• Advertisement

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    If you suck at trials, find two people willing to carry you! :D

Other than that practice helps... form a 3-person fireteam and play 3v3 game types together to develop the skills and tactics of 3v3 games and learn the maps.

Practice sniping. Equip armour that is useful for 3v3 encounters such as fast-res or additional grenades. Set goals, 5 passage wins, 7 passage wins... Get gud!!

Sounds like a lot of work. I'd be of the opinion that people just need to be more aware of how their team mates play, everyone should be a little more conservative. Get 1 of the opposing team down and then it's game on. You only need 1 sniper in your team and they do not need to be a crackshot, most people aren't. 2 to push after that and sniper moves to cover. I'm mediocre but I still fancy my flawless chances with players just like me.

If you come up against a hot team then it's over, thats the game but that's not always the case, you won't get an easy run in trials 99% of the time but smart teamwork goes a long way.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I have done Iron Banner etc but not trials haha

Right so, cherry popping time.

Having 3 "Rush" players is a bad idea.... that's usually where I've given up on Trials for a weekend.

Had a decent run with Nevelator a while back, he was running sniper, I was rushing.... worked well enough

Having 3 "Rush" players is a bad idea.... that's usually where I've given up on Trials for a weekend.

Had a decent run with Nevelator a while back, he was running sniper, I was rushing.... worked well enough

Unless all 3 just happen to be complete PvP monsters, not on PS4 but can't speak for the xbox boyz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Nev was using you as bait. Clever, clever creature.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Ran trials for the first time over the weekend. Best we managed was a 6&3. Came up against some monsters, just nothing to be done. Also, getting sniped from impossible angles = :mad:

Also had some seriously brain farty moments: being up 4-0 and losing. Throwing a grenade that sticks to the wall and hands the opposing team an easy kill.

Still, tickled my interest enough to try again.

I've done that but obviously not with the same success as Nev.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

When I'm running sniper...I am the bait!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Right so, cherry popping time.

But you dont have a bid D so you cant pop it :P

Ran trials for the first time over the weekend. Best we managed was a 6&3. Came up against some monsters, just nothing to be done. Also, getting sniped from impossible angles = :mad:

Also had some seriously brain farty moments: being up 4-0 and losing. Throwing a grenade that sticks to the wall and hands the opposing team an easy kill.

Honestly, I love raiding and crucible with the PS4 crew but trials is the challenge that remains for me. I'm competitive but not overly, regular stuff is cool toulouse as long as we have a laugh. I'm treating flawless as my major goal (NIRL) this year and I'm giving it a good go.

• Advertisement

But you dont have a bid D so you cant pop it :P

Goddamn it Jonny, it's not the size and all that.

Goddamn it Jonny, it's not the size and all that.

Suppose thats true haha

So trials are on this week i take it? I might not get on until tomorrow evening for a game.

Honestly, I love raiding and crucible with the PS4 crew but trials is the challenge that remains for me. I'm competitive but not overly, regular stuff is cool toulouse as long as we have a laugh. I'm treating flawless as my major goal (NIRL) this year and I'm giving it a good go.

Yeah, Flawless Light House is the New Years goal. Not getting to worked up over getting there or not, but it will be the focus I think.

Destiny is the first game where I have actively gone into and enjoyed PvP. I was predominantly a Solo/Multiplayer PvE'r. The difference with Destiny is the community, and Bungie actually did a good job with how the weapons handle. Still need to find my optimum sensitivity layout.

Suppose thats true haha

So trials are on this week i take it? I might not get on until tomorrow evening for a game.

I'm out of country but ens of month allows practice time, the rewards are good for just bounties and also learning how people operate and the negatives and positives to certain types of play. Enjoy your games, even the ones you lose because that will be the most common but try to see how the other team played, generally they will not be better shooters but they just waited until they got the upper hand and then capitalised on that.
    Yeah, Flawless Light House is the New Years goal. Not getting to worked up over getting there or not, but it will be the focus I think.

Destiny is the first game where I have actively gone into and enjoyed PvP. I was predominantly a Solo/Multiplayer PvE'r. The difference with Destiny is the community, and Bungie actually did a good job with how the weapons handle. Still need to find my optimum sensitivity layout.

Depends on how you play, long distance, down low, up close, above medium.

Depends on how you play, long distance, down low, up close, above medium.

Predominantly a little on the conservative side (I prefer scouts). But once in a while BAM: All out balls deep up close and personal taking all 3 opponents down within seconds true Titan punchy punchy sticky grenade shotgun fist of havoc "THIS IS SPARTA". Then I go back to normal all :cool::cool::cool:

Predominantly a little on the conservative side (I prefer scouts). But once in a while BAM: All out balls deep up close and personal taking all 3 opponents down within seconds true Titan punchy punchy sticky grenade shotgun fist of havoc "THIS IS SPARTA". Then I go back to normal all :cool::cool::cool:

You sound like a 2!

You sound like a 2!

Not the first time I've heard that...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,267 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'm pretty decent at this, can answer any specific questions people have. Was trying to get to DTR 50 but fairly bored of the game now on 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Also, forgetting to activate boons ;)

• Advertisement

Also, forgetting to activate boons ;)

Yeah, that too.

Advertisement