Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS4 - Arrange a Raid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Hey lads, my mate is on PS4 and playing Destiny since day 1 but due to not having many friends on PS4, he's never completed kings fall on hard.

I was wondering if some of ye might add him and take him through a raid some evening ye have space in one? His GT is davenopants. Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Hey lads, my mate is on PS4 and playing Destiny since day 1 but due to not having many friends on PS4, he's never completed kings fall on hard.

I was wondering if some of ye might add him and take him through a raid some evening ye have space in one? His GT is davenopants. Thanks lads

Things are fairly dead PvE wise at the minute Dave, why don't ya just get him to join the clan, we're pretty decent most of the time and that way when things kick off again he should be able to get a few runs in.

I'll get him across a friend request now in the meantime.

PS Whats all this Dave malarkey?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

dudeeile wrote: »
    Things are fairly dead PvE wise at the minute Dave, why don't ya just get him to join the clan, we're pretty decent most of the time and that way when things kick off again he should be able to get a few runs in.

I'll get him across a friend request now in the meantime.

PS Whats all this Dave malarkey?

I'll send him on a link for the clan now. Cheers dudeeile

(and his name happens to be Dave as well :P )

Any warpriest action taking place tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

dudeeile wrote:
    Any warpriest action taking place tonight?

I'm on for that after din dins. Free all evening after 7:30

• Advertisement

PetKing wrote: »
    I'm on for that after din dins. Free all evening after 7:30

Cool, have to have a bite myself so was aiming for an 8ish start. Yojimbo also said he may be available, we'll see at 8 if that suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm willing to carry help Fieldog through the Hard Challenge (Warpriest) tonight if you're on, that is after the maintenance (9:30 or 10ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Cormac... wrote:
    I'm willing to carry help Fieldog through the Hard Challenge (Warpriest) tonight if you're on, that is after the maintenance (9:30 or 10ish)

Mind if I get in on that? I haven't done the raid proper but I've done Warpriest challenge.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Mind if I get in on that? I haven't done the raid proper but I've done Warpriest challenge.

Yup, just bring a high Light Level 1000 Yard Stare and we'll be ace!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Cormac... wrote: »

I'd be up for helping out, can bring any class to the party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:

I'll lend a hand if you need numbers. I've done warpriest x3 already, and golgy on one, bit no further. I'll step aside if anyone needs them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Count me in for tonight too if you need the numbers :D

And my Axe!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,972 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Should be able to get on at 10 myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Since its raid time i'll be somewhere polishing my bubble off waiting for the raid to start :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Since its raid time i'll be somewhere polishing my bubble off waiting for the raid to start :P
    fcuk sake Jonny, there are kids on this forum. Filth.

fcuk sake Jonny, there are kids on this forum. Filth.

Its ok i dont mind polishing their bubbles off if needs be :pac:

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Its ok i dont mind polishing their bubbles off if needs be :pac:
    Oh.... My.....

Oh.... My.....

Does your bubble need polishing? :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'll be on after Liverpool get raped by Dortmund... ;(

:)

• Advertisement

Being an Arsenal fan I often forget about this "Thursday Football Local Leagues Thingy" that does be going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Cormac... wrote: »
    Being an Arsenal fan I often forget about this "Thursday Football Local Leagues Thingy" that does be going on.

At least Arsenal got knocked out of the CL by the best team in the world!

We will most likely get knocked out of the Europa by Dortmund...

Whilst both sets of fans sing YNWA... :)

Or we will have a blinder, and it will be one of them mental European nights where we do well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I've been playing since day one and never done a raid. Would love to if anyone can handle my not knowing what's going on.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Or we will have a blinder, and it will be one of them mental European nights where we do well!

Let's hope for this.

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    I've been playing since day one and never done a raid. Would love to if anyone can handle my not knowing what's going on.

My honest advice would be to look up some explanation videos on YouTube so that you would have some clue what's going on in each part. Don't get me wrong, people in the clan are more than willing to help and explain but it would help you and them to have some prior knowledge of the mechanics. Obviously when playing it will seem different and more chaotic but it will be easier and quicker to adjust and learn your place and role in each part if you have a general idea of what the goals are.

I've done this myself before. The oryx battle, for example, can be very hard to understand at first, and remember each stage. After watching a video explanation I then knew each stage so it was easier to plan and react to what I was now expecting. Rather than being overwhelmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Sorry lads, I'll have to cancel tonight. Won't be able to make it online!

If I were you, I would start with Crotas End or Vault of Glass with 5 clanmates.

They are a bit more straight forward than Kings Fall.

Really the Raids are the best thing in the game full stop

I'm on now, we doing this so or what?

I won't be on for 20 mins, so fire ahead if there are 5 others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Get on to dudeeile & SolvableKnave. It's their turn to sherpa.

Advertisement