Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS4 - Arrange a Raid

• 13-01-2016 11:55am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads,

Wether it be heading into the depths of the vault or taking on the mighty orxy, if you want to arrange a games please do so only in this thread :)

Jonny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'll be getting mouldy on Friday at 8pm and will do the Warpriest all 3 ways.... looking for 5 more to do likewise....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'll be getting mouldy on Friday at 8pm and will do the Warpriest all 3 ways.... looking for 5 more to do likewise....

Count me in for some warpriest fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,005 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

count me in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Count me in for some mouldy fun.....just have to have the ice ready!!

I might shimmy this to 9:30.... I won't be anyway tipsy by 8pm :pac:

Will be doing my standard Challenge thing where we go with 2 of each class for each of the 3 runs.

Not sure if I'll bother doing the whole of the rest of the raid.... just Kill the Warpriest x3 for infusion fuel :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Will be doing my standard Challenge thing where we go with 2 of each class for each of the 3 runs.

Not sure if I'll bother doing the whole of the rest of the raid.... just Kill the Warpriest x3 for infusion fuel :)

Sounds good to me, I have a hunter now near 300 aswell as my titan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Not sure if I'll be online that early but sure if you're in a party, I'll be sure to pop in for a few minutes, play the X-Files theme and MLG sh!t up - before disappearing back into the depths.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Works for me. Sure you'll run one character on if the warpriest goes smoothly?
    Ah go on, you will, you will, you will....

nocal wrote: »
    Works for me. Sure you'll run one character on if the warpriest goes smoothly?
    Ah go on, you will, you will, you will....

I'd rather go for Shotguns&Swords Crota

My plan is:
    7pm - Drinking & Borderlands (depending who is online) or Fallout
    9:30pm - Warpriest x 3
    11pm - ???
    12pm - Profit

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Going to run the raid from the totems cp tonight around 9 or 9:30, anyone interested? Hm

• Advertisement

I should be on around 10, if you are still looking.

Not sure if I'll be online that early but sure if you're in a party, I'll be sure to pop in for a few minutes, play the X-Files theme and MLG sh!t up - before disappearing back into the depths.

Am I putting your name down for this so now that it's 9:30 so?

Anyboby still have a hard mode to do, fancy doing it today?

Am I putting your name down for this so now that it's 9:30 so?

Didn't get on until late Friday night and had an early morning Ikea trip planned with a 4 month old - so couldn't stay online too late.

Was gutted when I saw I missed the drunken PvP - stupid real life getting in the way of the craic again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Anyboby still have a hard mode to do, fancy doing it today?

Didn't get on until late Friday night and had an early morning Ikea trip planned with a 4 month old - so couldn't stay online too late.

Beard I'm up for getting warpriest done tonight if you're still interested? Chimp you need it?

Have it done on both my characters but if I'm online and your stuck - send an invite and I'll give a hand.
    I may only be online at 10:30 or 11 though...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Lads how do I get in on this action. I'll be usually on between 10 and 11... character light at 252 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Have it done on both my characters but if I'm online and your stuck - send an invite and I'll give a hand. I may only be online at 10:30 or 11 though...

Cool sure if there's people floating about I'd go for it. Might whore myself out to LFG to get the challenge done.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Lads how do I get in on this action. I'll be usually on between 10 and 11... character light at 252 at the moment.

You're too low light to attempt the raid. You should be close to 280 to attempt normal mode (although a good team will be able to pull you through if you're lower).

This raid will be hard mode, so you'll need to be 310 ideally to attempt, again a good team will be able to help if you're on the low side.

But it's not the end of the world! You should be able to build your light level up quickly enough to attempt the normal mode raid - have you joined the clan? You'll find plenty of people looking to do strikes, Court of Oryx, etc. Which will build your light really fast.

Ill give a hand doing the warpriest later if you guys are stuck :) done it 3 times the other night with the lads but well worth me going back for an exotic drop :P

• Advertisement

You're too low light to attempt the raid. You should be close to 280 to attempt normal mode (although a good team will be able to pull you through if you're lower).

While I'm all for Sherpaing, "pulling people through" really creates a bad precedent for End-Game content in general. Once you're 280 Light Level, Normal Mode is very doable and you can contribute in a meaningful way.

While I'm all for Sherpaing, "pulling people through" really creates a bad precedent for End-Game content in general. Once you're 280 Light Level, Normal Mode is very doable and you can contribute in a meaningful way.

I have to agree with this, I was about 290 before I got yis to drag my ass through it and it was tough going tbh.

People getting "Carried" through Crota created the worst kind of 2-Tier system. Those of us who "Could" and those of us who "Couldn't" in terms of doing the raid. It's no fun being carried anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Tbh I wouldn't like to get dragged through. Constantly being revived is a pain. I usually end up doing a lot of stuff on my own.

The thing is Im trying to get to that level (280-310) and I feel like Im stuck in a bit of a limbo; i'm still using a rare primary weapon ffs.

I'm not looking for an easy way to level up, more of trying to find missions for the 250-270 level and work my way from there. Was about to do the trials of osiris also, but thought better.

Im in the boards clan 2, though Im slightly confused about how to set up raids and so forth. Are they posted on here?

Break it down Cormac!!!
    DrumSteve wrote: »
    Tbh I wouldn't like to get dragged through. Constantly being revived is a pain. I usually end up doing a lot of stuff on my own.

This is no fun at all, best off team up with people.
    The thing is Im trying to get to that level (280-310) and I feel like Im stuck in a bit of a limbo; i'm still using a rare primary weapon ffs

Ok, your 3 weapons are worth 12.5% of you Light level, you 4 pieces of armour are 10% each, and your ghost, artifact and class item are 8.5% each.

What is holding you back the most? And what values are those items, you could alway buy items from vendors for legendary marks.

The other main suggestions would be to keep putting down Runes for the Court of Oryx and farming Blues.

Make sure you have ALL your highest light level equipped (let's say for arguments sake you're 277 - This will mean gear will have a VERY high likelyhood of decrypting at 270+ and very feasibly could be in or around 280)
    I'm not looking for an easy way to level up, more of trying to find missions for the 250-270 level and work my way from there. Was about to do the trials of osiris also, but thought better.

Take part in Iron Banner, it's a lot easier than Trials.
    Have you tried doing the Nightfalls? Using Tier 3 Court of Oryx Runes (you will need a group)? OR buying Exotics or Three of Coins and using those?
    Im in the boards clan 2, though Im slightly confused about how to set up raids and so forth. Are they posted on here?

No, I manage chat rooms. I don't know your PSN ID.
    Mine is GenericDreadhead. There is a 99.99% likely hood you got a friend request from me with "Boards" in the text within a few days of joining the clan.

Or else..... you going the Group and not the Clan.... I don't monitor Group members. See the post on the clan in this sub form

Or else..... you going the Group and not the Clan.... I don't monitor Group members. See the post on the clan in this sub form

An easy way of knowing this is: When you look at your emblem in the game, does it say "boards clan 2" under your name?

If not, you're not fully in the clan and Cormac possibly didn't get your request and add you to the chat room.

The group chat doesn't really work at the moment.

Quick one, am I right in Saying that KF Normal Mode is 280 light for the bulk of the Raid, and 290 for Oryx?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Quick one, am I right in Saying that KF Normal Mode is 280 light for the bulk of the Raid, and 290 for Oryx?

I believe so yes

Golgoroth x3 this weekend? Any takers? Probably Fri or Sat eve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,005 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Golgoroth x3 this weekend? Any takers? Probably Fri or Sat eve

Would love to do this, and some drunk crucible, on Saturday evening/night - don't think I will be online til late (11 or so) on Friday night.

Advertisement