Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nick Cave 3Arena Fri May 8th 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

I requested a refund for Elbow about 2 weeks ago. About a week later I got the stock standard email "we are busy and your query is being processed" but nothing since. I'm not bothered about a delay as I'm not stuck for the money but I imagine they are getting absolutely hammered. Their customer service is fcuking woeful even at the best of times so it's not a surprise.

I'm the exact same re. Elbow gig, can you update if/when you ever receive the refund please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭fafy

Reznorek wrote: »
    Took them two weeks to refund one gig - requested 19.03, got money today, still waiting for one more, but they already confirmed refund yesterday.

Which gig, was the one you refund requested on March 19th ?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Reznorek

fafy wrote: »
    Which gig, was the one you refund requested on March 19th ?

God Is an Astronaut. Second one, requested same day but still waiting for money is Napalm Death.

Reznorek wrote: »
    God Is an Astronaut, second one requested same day but still waiting for money is Napalm Death.

The GIAA gig has been rescheduled toAugust, so looks like once e new date is announced, the refunds commence.

The Nick Cave tour has not yet announced the rescheduled dates, but should be soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I guess the longer they keep your money the better for them

• Advertisement

• fafy wrote: »
    It looks like the TM approach is, not to refund anything, until the new dates are announced.

Tomorrow, will be two weeks since i sent the refund request, and a few people mentioned its normally refunded in about 5 working days.

I am fine with the delay- given the unique circumstances- so long as, refunds do come once gig is rescheduled.

It's been two weeks since I applied. I'm going to agree with you here on the reason.

I have tickets for GNR and Sunstroke too. I'd imagine there's a lot going on behind the scenes to reschedule these gigs for later this year/next year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭SteM

Friday, 8 May 2020 – rescheduled to Friday, 23 April 2021

Saturday, 9 May 2020 – rescheduled to Saturday, 24 April 2021

SteM wrote: »
    Friday, 8 May 2020 – rescheduled to Friday, 23 April 2021

Saturday, 9 May 2020 – rescheduled to Saturday, 24 April 2021

Just got a TM email follow up to my ticket refund request from March 19th, to say refund has been processed, and can take 5 to 7 working days to appear in my account.

So looks like, there is no issue with refunds- so long as, a rescheduled date has been finalised

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭horslips

I got the same. About 20 minutes after submitting the request. I know we are always very critical of Ticketmaster but credit where it is due.

horslips wrote: »
    I got the same. About 20 minutes after submitting the request. I know we are always very critical of Ticketmaster but credit where it is due.

Agreed. It must be a bit of a logistical nightmare alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭JustAThought

At least we can expect NC to get better with age and not worse like some who may be wheeled out with their zimmerframes by the time their concerts are rescheduled or whose boy band days might be eclipsed by the time 2021 comes around! Hanging form to my tickets and hoping I’ll we’ll able to go when the new date rolls around and won’t be left with a +1.

Just received a refund for this

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

I submitted a refund request on March 19 and am still waiting to hear anything back. I replied to their stock response to ask for an update only to be told my support ticket has been closed. Submitted a request again and have heard nothing.

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »
    I submitted a refund request on March 19 and am still waiting to hear anything back. I replied to their stock response to ask for an update only to be told my support ticket has been closed. Submitted a request again and have heard nothing.

I got the “refund has been processed” reply to the refund request first, and 3 days later, it was credited to my account

Just received a refund for this

Actually, it was a “pending transaction”, and has now dissapeared. The comment on the credit, was “Unauthorised Credit”, so its back to TM again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Just got a refund confirmation (that I will get one) for Elbow. I had put through the initial request mid march and did a follow on early last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭SteM

Just got a refund confirmation (that I will get one) for Elbow. I had put through the initial request mid march and did a follow on early last week.

My Elbow refund went on the card yesterday. No word back on the Nick Cave refund yet.

Actually, it was a “pending transaction”, and has now dissapeared. The comment on the credit, was “Unauthorised Credit”, so its back to TM again.

My bank advised- this is Just a timing issue with Friday & Monday being non bank working days, will appear tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

How did you go about getting refund? I cant find anything? all help appreciated

How did you go about getting refund? I cant find anything? all help appreciated

You need to request a refund, if the rescheduled date does not suit you:
    https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000117353

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

I just got the message to say I'll have my refund in 5-7 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I got my refund from TM for the Twilight Sad in Glasgow in about a week after applying for it.

They've been shockingly great for TM!

It's just sheer volume that's delaying people at the minute.

• My refund came through today (back on to my cc).

I love Nick Cave but I'm going to wait to see how everything pans out with concerts in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭dinneenp

My refund came through today (back on to my cc).

I love Nick Cave but I'm going to wait to see how everything pans out with concerts in general.

How long from when you submitted the request? 31st March I filled out the refund request form.
    Do ticketmaster keep their fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭horslips

In my case, I contacted them (using the form) on the 8th and the refund was made on the 14th.

• dinneenp wrote: »
    How long from when you submitted the request? 31st March I filled out the refund request form.
    Do ticketmaster keep their fees?

Applied for it on 28th March. Complete refund (fees and all).

Interesting article on nme this morning. Not sure how it/if it will apply to us in the ROI : https://www.nme.com/news/music/ticketmaster-are-preparing-to-offer-refunds-for-over-18000-postponed-gigs-2649293

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

If you have a Nick Cave shaped hole in your schedule now, this documentary is available for free on the All4 app

512407.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭ingalway

If you have a Nick Cave shaped hole in your schedule now, this documentary is available for free on the All4 app

Brilliant, just watched and really enjoyed it. Have been having a Nick Cave revival the last few days as no concert to enjoy so has topped it off very nicely!
    Thanks for posting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Kissyfer

Have they updated the tickets on ticketmaster website yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Nick Cave concerts cancelled in 3 arena.
    First of many. Just too soon for the vaccine roll out.
    F*ck it anyway.

Advertisement