Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Industry CA Diary Guidance

Options
  • 28-02-2020 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone would have any guidance regarding the following situation?

I trained in a big 4 audit dept for 2 years, absolutely hated it so i bailed and got a job in industry instead.

I have passed all exams etc and filled in my CA Diary which is locked down but only for the 2 years I covered in the big 4 firm.

I have since finished the experience requirement in my industry job and want to fill in the rest of the diary (last minute, i know!). But I can't seem to find any guidance anywhere when it comes to industry trainees. It all seems to be for audit and practice.

I work on management accounts and financial statements mainly so I am wondering how I can fill 18 months worth of experience with what can be quite repetitive work.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 DankeyKang

I would assume the entries would be virtually the same as practice ones minus dealing with different clients. It's about the relevant work you've done not where you worked.

Just to note that you need a minimum of five mentor reviews before you can submit the diary online. I don't think they'd be overly happy with having one review covering 18 months, or four reviews dated on the same day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 industry accountant

DankeyKang wrote: »
    I would assume the entries would be virtually the same as practice ones minus dealing with different clients. It's about the relevant work you've done not where you worked.

Just to note that you need a minimum of five mentor reviews before you can submit the diary online. I don't think they'd be overly happy with having one review covering 18 months, or four reviews dated on the same day.

Thanks for the reply.

I already have 4 reviews covering the 2 year period and they were all completed on the same day with no problems so not too worried about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 DankeyKang

Thanks for the reply.

I already have 4 reviews covering the 2 year period and they were all completed on the same day with no problems so not too worried about that.

No problems as in nobody has said anything to you about it? As far as I know they are only reviewed once you submit the completed diary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 industry accountant

No problems as in nobody has said anything to you about it? As far as I know they are only reviewed once you submit the completed diary.

I was in contact with Chartered at the time and they advised this as I was leaving the firm.

Anyway, back on point.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Submission date isn't review date. Mentor enters the dates of their review when logging it, which isn't necessarily the day they log it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement