Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

No free advertising on the RTE site. Once the fire pops, you can't stop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I had to rush out last night and buy loads of pringles....... just in case like.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I doubt one lorry fire is going to lead to a world shortage. It would be the biggest disaster in gaming since the PSN went down at Christmas about 5 years ago.
    Whatever happened to those Lizard guys? Grew up I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I doubt one lorry fire is going to lead to a world shortage. It would be the biggest disaster in gaming since the PSN went down at Christmas about 5 years ago.
    Whatever happened to those Lizard guys? Grew up I guess.
    You underestimate Jonny's ability to eat Pringles. That was probably his Friday evening load.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tazzimus wrote: »
    You underestimate Jonny's ability to eat Pringles. That was probably his Friday evening load.

That was Friday afternoons stash, had to get 2 trucks out to replace them :( haha

• Advertisement

I reinstalled Destiny 2 this weekend but having got to the Tower there didn't seem to be anything to do. The weekly thing is gone. Do I need to buy shadowkeep? What's the end game about nowadays?

I reinstalled Destiny 2 this weekend but having got to the Tower there didn't seem to be anything to do. The weekly thing is gone. Do I need to buy shadowkeep? What's the end game about nowadays?
    Bounties, an endless amount of bounties

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

each of the vendors has a weekly reward for a number of bounties, but unless you are low light level they're not really the end game

pinnacle drops for dungeon, nightmare hunt, nightfall and raid are the major ones. you won't get to max light without those.

iron banner is up again from tomorrow's reset. 4 extra pinnacles.

there is also the spreadsheet simulator activity right now which is interesting in small doses

and the spreadsheet simulator turns out to be largely underwhelming

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

What content do you have gimli?

If you have forsaken you also have all the season pass actvities from year 2. Forges,menagerie,and em,eh gambit prime:pac:

Did you get the whisper of the worm? If you have forskaen Outbreak perfected? Ive still to complete the outbreak mission,enjoyed getting the whisper of the worm.

Be a few new exotics if you havent played for awhile too.

• Advertisement

Yeah I have forsaken. I did a forge but couldn't see me grinding that out over and over. I played the original for 3-4 years/ I got my money's worth on this but felt the expansions were all over the place. The timer on the NF wrecked me I hate things like that.
    I used to love IB but I'm stuck in COD at the moment for my online freaking out sessions

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Go talk to Amanda in the Hangar, she will have a tonne of quests for you.

Yeah I have forsaken. I did a forge but couldn't see me grinding that out over and over. I played the original for 3-4 years/ I got my money's worth on this but felt the expansions were all over the place. The timer on the NF wrecked me I hate things like that.
    I used to love IB but I'm stuck in COD at the moment for my online freaking out sessions

I'll be on tomorrow evening and can do a few bits with you for exotics etc :)

cheers I deleted it as I couldn't feel the enthusiasm. I'm always deleting and reinstalling stuff but have settled into Doom for now with COD for my online screaming bouts

So rather than scrap armor elemental affinity were going to be able to change it. Id rather see it totally gone but least its something. Changing an armors affinity will cost an upgrade module.

EDIT: Actually i went to the twab to read it for myself and there is a caveat.
    Changing an armor Affinity type will cost 1 Upgrade Module. If your armor is already upgraded to a higher energy level, the cost will be the total upgrade materials necessary to reach that energy value plus 1 Upgrade Module.

If im reading this correctly if i have the piece of armor masterworked i will have to pay all the mats i used to masterwork it in the first place again plus one upgrade module. If thats right bungie can f**k right off. There turning armor into a grindfest.

EoinHef wrote: »
    So rather than scrap armor elemental affinity were going to be able to change it. Id rather see it totally gone but least its something. Changing an armors affinity will cost an upgrade module.

EDIT: Actually i went to the twab to read it for myself and there is a caveat.

If im reading this correctly if i have the piece of armor masterworked i will have to pay all the mats i used to masterwork it in the first place again plus one upgrade module. If thats right bungie can f**k right off. There turning armor into a grindfest.

Also, it can only use the season before, current and after mods. So dawn armour can use undying, dawn and the new seasons mods only.

Is this the last week of the season?

Have a ton of fractiline to collect so wondering is it time to cash in? Barely played the game the last while but turns out the fractiline i collected the first month of the season has paid off handsomely reinvesting in the obelisks after each week:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Is this the last week of the season?

Have a ton of fractiline to collect so wondering is it time to cash in? Barely played the game the last while but turns out the fractiline i collected the first month of the season has paid off handsomely reinvesting in the obelisks after each week:D

2 more weeks after this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Never finished Shadowkeep went back to it over the weekend and now it seems I cant :confused:

I am on the mission Nightmare Cometh, I have to kill 3 nightmares somehow I have killed 2 (pretty sure they spawned in the world as HVTs) as I never done whats in the video guides on Youtube.

I dont know which 2 I have killed, Skolas, Taniks or Shogoth. I have the mission in my questline but not marked on the map, guides tell me it shows on the map and Eris speaks to me when i go to the Gatekeep.

None of this is happening :confused: Everytime I go to the gatekeep I get a different enemy (none of the 3 above) Barrier Knight, massive unkillable Minotaur and a wizard whose name I cant recall. These enemies show as 900+ I am 831 and getting destroyed everytime.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Never finished Shadowkeep went back to it over the weekend and now it seems I cant :confused:

I am on the mission Nightmare Cometh, I have to kill 3 nightmares somehow I have killed 2 (pretty sure they spawned in the world as HVTs) as I never done whats in the video guides on Youtube.

I dont know which 2 I have killed, Skolas, Taniks or Shogoth. I have the mission in my questline but not marked on the map, guides tell me it shows on the map and Eris speaks to me when i go to the Gatekeep.

None of this is happening :confused: Everytime I go to the gatekeep I get a different enemy (none of the 3 above) Barrier Knight, massive unkillable Minotaur and a wizard whose name I cant recall. These enemies show as 900+ I am 831 and getting destroyed everytime.

There should be up to 3 indicators on your director for an activity called a Nightmare Hunt. You need to complete all three of these and follow the steps to cleanse the essence item that drops to progress the story.

• Advertisement

There should be up to 3 indicators on your director for an activity called a Nightmare Hunt. You need to complete all three of these and follow the steps to cleanse the essence item that drops to progress the story.

It was there but wouldnt show up on the map, i somehow killed the 3 of them with others I guess.

Trying to get the wayfarer title now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What happenes to the season stuff once it over. Like of I jump back in now can I do the previous seasons missions or are they gone?
    Do I even have access to the story stuff if I don't have the season pass/battle pass or whatever it's called?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    What happenes to the season stuff once it over. Like of I jump back in now can I do the previous seasons missions or are they gone?
    Do I even have access to the story stuff if I don't have the season pass/battle pass or whatever it's called?

All the seasonal stuff is gone once the season ends. This will be changing a little in year 4, the main seasonal activity will remain but the token of the season crap will disappear.

Do people reckon were getting a new planet this season?

Dont know if the game has ever got a new destination for anything other than an expansion.
    Maybe it will tie into the fall DLC aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 44,994 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Do people reckon were getting a new planet this season?

Dont know if the game has ever got a new destination for anything other than an expansion.
    Maybe it will tie into the fall DLC aswell

Mercury would have have been with Curse of Osiris which wouldn't have been an expansion, but was more than a season. so its a grey area.

Plus Mercury is tiny.

I wouldn't think we will get a new planet this season. I would guess the teases of a new planet are year 4, rather than season 4 - and this coming season will build up to the big event.

Could be wrong, but I've given up on Bungie surprising us with big content, rather than disappointing us with as little as we've got.

Yeah curse was expansion lite. To this day I still dont like mercury.

I just caught the video today of the ice planet,eris and drifter etc so wasnt sure if I should expect that this evening. Would make more sense givin bungo history if it built up to the expansion having the planet.

I'll be disappointed if we dont see some darkness enemies this season though. The amount of build up with the pyramid ships last season would just make it a joke if they expect us to wait another few months to see them.

Named thje next 3 expansions and mentioned new enemies.

Beyond Light
    The Witch Queen
    Lightfall (working title)

New type of damage too

Had a look at the trailers there,prophecy dungeon looks pretty interesting. Glad we will get to see some darkness stuff this season as well.
    Also Exo stranger.....

I'm really not sure about this content vaulting,like if I was being cynical I would be saying there doing everything they can to copy warframe. But that game has been F2P since launch,with D2 we now have a scenario where people pay up front for content which F2P players may get a year later for free,which in turn gets removed at some point,that's also not taking account of the quality of the premium content which we know hasn't been great. Then they wanna have a cash shop in game too. I know season pass stuff was supposed to sort this for premium players but meh,its not a system I'm fond of. Endless bounties for XP makes me feel like my time is not being respected.

Not sure how I feel about content that's bought and paid for being removed also. I mean I've played a bit of destiny 1 again recently,started a new toon and playing through story. I enjoy doing that,come september I dont even know if that's possible with D2. Combined with the new business model bungie are creating I'm not sure I like the idea they will just remove stuff.

I've dont think I've ever seen a dev flip flop as much as bungie,would anyone take a bet that they wont just change direction again next year?

I'll be playing this season in the hope they have got this one right. Let's hope I'm just being a bit jaded and they can make this the start of getting it right.

Played through a decent amount of quests and stuff tonight. Finally got Jotunn as well,it's a beast!

I like the intro to the season,thought it was well done. New activity is decent. I'll say no more yet for not wanting to spoil it for anyone yet to play it. Hopefully the season can maintain the strong start.

Loot system seems good but theres plenty of upgrading to be done as usual. I've already got a lot of dupes. My vault was actually full from all the sun dial weapons and special event weapons that I couldn't have been arsed to sort though at the time. Spent a good hour sorting all that to make space.

Had a peek into the dungeon,I managed to go from 960 to 1000 light but its 1040 so was barely damaging the mobs so couldn't get anywhere. I look forward to being able to give it a proper go.

If anyone is around and is able to do the pyramidion special strike for Izanaghi burden I'd appreciate the help. I dont fancy trying to solo that one

• Advertisement

What platform are you on?

Advertisement