Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Additional speakers and sub for 2013 Sprinter Conversion

• 01-04-2020 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    Hoping for some advice here. I'm in the middle of converting a 2013 Sprinter to a camper and looking to add speakers and a sub in the back. From what I understand, if I get anything decent for the 2 additional speakers and sub, the power needed to utilise their quality, will be too much for the stock speakers in the cab (I believe there's 5 of them - 2 door, 2 side dash and one center dash?). So not to waste money, I should either get the additional ones for the back to be similar quality to those in the front already, or to upgrade the front ones too. But I don't want to go crazy cost wise.

I'm thinking, to keep costs low, would I be better off getting 2 higher quality speakers for hte back and 2 higher quality speakers for the front and then the sub too, and forget about the 3 dash speakers, or would the cost to upgrade these not be too crazy anyway?

For a start, would anyone know the size/type of the stock speakers? I'm a total noob to this stuff and I've a friend helping me with the setup, so I'm not sure if what I'm asking is right, but does anyone know if they are passive, coaxial etc and what size are they?

I just have a cheap head unit at the moment too, I don't need anything crazy, just something with aux and bluetooth and capable to feed all the speakers and the sub.

Any feedback would be appreciated :)

Advertisement