Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo FAQs

• 16-10-2019 8:57pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Some of the common FAQ's for GoMo below. If you have any suggestions or changes post or report the post and I will update these.

GoMo support site is here:> https://gomo.ie/help-support/

The Plan

Who are GoMo?
    GoMo are a new sub brand of Eir.

Why are GoMo so cheap?
    GoMo don't offer a network of stores, sell or support phones and save on the overheads that go along with this model.

Will GoMo have stores?
    No

Will GoMo sell phones?
    No

Can I keep my current mobile number when moving to GoMo?
    Yes - you can port current number to GoMo.

What is the plan?
    €12.99 for all calls, texts and data including 10GB while EU roaming. (Launch price was €9.99, not available any more)
    NB: MMS are not included

What networks are included in the calls?
    All mobile networks and landlines are included.

How do I pay?
    €12.99 is debited from the bank card you use to sign up to the plan.

When will I be billed?
    Billing is done on the 1st of each month.

When will my sim arrive?
    The sim should arrive in 2 working days via AnPost.

What to expect in my first bill?
    Your first bill will be for the price of the plan you selected plus any out of bundle usage you’ve incurred from the date you signed up to the date your bill was issued.

How many sims can I get on one account?
    You can now order 4 sims per account. (This was 2 at launch)

Data

How much data can I use?
    Unlimited data but it will be throttled after 80GB.

Do GoMo have 4G?
    Yes - 4G is included.

Can I tether on this plan?
    Yes - no restrictions on tethering.

What network to they use?
    GoMo uses the Eir network.

What APN do I use?
    data.mymeteor.ie

How do I check my usage?
    You will get a SMS when used 80% of your allowance and again at 100%.

Moving from other providers

I'm on a sim only 30 day plan with my current network, what do I do?
    Sign up to GoMo. After you port over, you will received a final bill from your current provider will the remaining balance.

Do I need to tell my current network I'm leaving?
    No, but if you are in a 12/18 contract you will be charged the remainder.

My handset is locked to a network, what do I do?
    If your handset is locked to your current provider, you will need to contact them to get a handset unlock code. Once your handset is unlocked, you will be able to pop your Ion Sim into your phone and use as normal.

How long does the moving process take?
    Moving your number to GoMo will take up to 24 hours to complete from the time/date you selected to schedule your move from.

What day will my number move to GoMo?
    Your number will start to move to GoMo on the date and time you selected. It will take up to 24 hours to complete from this time. If you need to change this time, login to gomo.ie account and change the date.

I have WiFi Calling on Eir/Vodafone, does GoMo have it?
    No. You can use the 80GB data to use whatsapp or other apps for calls as a a fallback.

Roaming

Is roaming included in the plan?
    Yes, EU roaming is included for full balance of calls and texts with 10GB of data.

Can I use data outside EU?
    Yes, but you will be charged separately or you can buy a 1GB addon.

What are the roaming rates outside of the addon?
    If you exceed your roaming allowance, you will be charged at 99c per day for 250MB, 2c per MB / €20.48 per GB thereafter.

Support

If I have a problem, can I go to a store?
    No. GoMo only has online webchat support based in Limerick. Its available 7 days.

Where do I go if I need support?
    https://gomo.ie/contact/

Phone Number: 1800 210 342
    https://gomo.ie/code-of-practice/

How do I order a replacement SIM?
    If your SIM has been lost, stolen or damaged, chat to webchat to order a replacement SIM.
    Once the replacement SIM arrives, contact webchat to arrange sim activation.

An 085 number is displayed in my phone settings, even after porting?
    On android phones, the original number on the sim is displayed.
    On iPhone, this number can be changed in the settings app.
    This number will not effect any calls/SMS or apps.

The GoMo sim card, has a new sim pin?
    The sim pin can be changed in the security settings on your phone. You can disable it also if you prefer.

In my GoMo online account, its not my number shown?
    After you port, your number will appear here. The 085 number displayed, is the original number assigned to the sim card.

How do I switch off voicemail?
    Dial ##002# to cancel diverts. This doesn't switch off voicemail completely, but the only way to leave a voicemail is to dial 5 after the prefix. See Diverts FAQ for more info

Where can I check my call history?
    Full usage is provide on the monthly bill. View at my.gomo.ie/myBills

When do I get my bill?
    Bills are issued on the 1st of each month?

When does my card get charged each month?
    7 days after the bill is issued.

Business Use

Can I sign up to this plan to use for my business?
    No, its against the t&c's. You could be removed if they believe you are using it for business use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,231 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

No wifi calling but doesn't stop you using wifi to make calls e.g. in Whatsapp, Google Duo etc
    Billing is from the 1st of each month

Activation charge seems to cover usage up to the 1st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Anyone got the APN details?

Anyone got the APN details?

Name:
    Meteor Data

APN:
    data.mymeteor.ie

MCC:

MNC:

APN Type:
    default,supl

APN protocol:
    IPv4/IPv6

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111523329&postcount=690

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

Any one else having issues paying by Revolut or N26?

Any one else having issues paying by Revolut or N26?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111526691&postcount=809

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If anybody is worried about not getting into the 1st 100,000 customers to get this deal, have a look below, although not exactly the same price, it should give some idea.

Virgin Media has 92,000 customers in its 1st 4 years here!
    ID Mobile (no longer around) only had 40,000 customers.
    So should be some time before they reach 100,000.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

okidoki987 wrote: »
    If anybody is worried about not getting into the 1st 100,000 customers to get this deal, have a look below, although not exactly the same price, it should give some idea.

I would say they wont even cap the number at 100k.
    Its just a marketing gimmick to urge people to actually switch.

The price is only 'guaranteed' for the first 100k but will probably stay the same after that.

okidoki987 wrote: »

Wouldn't be so sure about that, the fact they are on eir network and in essence eir and 4g out the gate is a plus. I tried tesco and it was terrible with no 4g coverage
    VM and I'd were piggybacking other providers, this is a bit different and they're advertising is everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

I live in an apartment. I assume the sim box fits in a small post box and that I won't really have to sign for it. Correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Can anyone post a link to GoMo Webchat? I have looked on every page and can't find it. When I go to fill in the contact support information box, it comes back with an error message when I try to click send.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭patrickmrogan

Does being in the first 100k count for when you order or when you port?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Does being in the first 100k count for when you order or when you port?

Whither you port or not should make no difference.

First 100K orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭pms7

KOR101 wrote: »
    I live in an apartment. I assume the sim box fits in a small post box and that I won't really have to sign for it. Correct?

yes, i didn't have to sign

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭pms7

not really sure how pricing / billing works
    €10 to order / activate, does this do until the end of the month
    get billed on the 1st for previous month, €10 + any other extra charges
    ????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

pms7 wrote: »
    not really sure how pricing / billing works
    €10 to order / activate, does this do until the end of the month
    get billed on the 1st for previous month, €10 + any other extra charges
    ????

The €9.99 is a once off "activation" charge - then get charged €9.99 on the 1st of every month (+ whatever excess you may use, e.g 1890 numbers).

How long are you signing up for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭cullenswood

How long are you signing up for?

As long as you want, its month by month.

As long as you want, its month by month.

Thanks.

I’m not seeing the downsides (apart from coverage maybe), but there has to be some.

Work pay my Vodafone bill but I’ve long been thinking of putting a sim in another phone and leaving the work one in the drawer in the evenings/weekends so this would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

Thanks.

I’m not seeing the downsides (apart from coverage maybe), but there has to be some.
    There must be some catch, but I'm willing to risk the tenner (or even the 20 if it takes a month to cancel) to see what it's like.

80GB of 4G data for a tenner... Unless it's utter crap is a good deal. I'm currently paying thirty something for 60GB.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The downside is the model if you have problems. You cant get a replacement sim instore same day when your phone is lost/stolen. If it gets stolen on a Friday night, you wont get the sim till Tuesday going well.

If you stay with them overtime, you get no value towards a new phone. You buy the phone yourself at a high outlay at once and don't get a subsidised device.
    If the device has problems/faults, you have to follow up with the retailer/ manufacturer yourself rather than dealing with the network operator. All of this adds to less staff, and no leasing buildings.

So that's how the model saves money. The service will be the same as Eir's connect 30 plan which is double the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Davy wrote: »
    If you stay with them overtime, you get no value towards a new phone. You buy the phone yourself at a high outlay at once and don't get a subsidised device.

In fairness, I don't think anybody is getting a subsidised phone on a €9.99 monthly outlay with unlimited everything.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭leche solara

Has anyone received a GOMO sim yet? If they launched on Tuesday and you signed up then SIM should probably arrive Friday or has anyone received theirs today?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Have a look at the thread over on Bargain Alerts. A lot of people seem to have got theirs both yesterday and especially today.
    I got mine this morning, but not putting it near the phone until Saturday week (the day I requested to be ported).

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    In fairness, I don't think anybody is getting a subsidised phone on a €9.99 monthly outlay with unlimited everything.:)

That's not what I meant obviously. A lot of people much prefer to pay €60 a month rather than an buy outright for €XXX which is usually the cheaper option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I signed up initially for myself earlier this week, now however the wife wants to ditch VF and move across. Does she have to sign up herself or does anyone know if I can apply for a sim under my gomo account now.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I signed up initially for myself earlier this week, now however the wife wants to ditch VF and move across. Does she have to sign up herself or does anyone know if I can apply for a sim under my gomo account now.

You’re allowed two per account I think I read when signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Have a look at the thread over on Bargain Alerts. A lot of people seem to have got theirs both yesterday and especially today.
    I got mine this morning, but not putting it near the phone until Saturday week (the day I requested to be ported).

You can bring the port forward at my.gomo.ie if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The four members in my house just signed up. It's terrific value. I can see people with tablets that never got a sim before jumping on this. 9.99 per month & you don't have to worry about WiFi for your tablet any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Got a new question that does not appear to be answered yet. I have sent them a question on the website already.

One of our phones is locked to EIR, it currently has an EIR - Emobile sim working away merrily.

Will this sim work without issue do you think?

• Advertisement

Got a new question that does not appear to be answered yet. I have sent them a question on the website already.

One of our phones is locked to EIR, it currently has an EIR - Emobile sim working away merrily.

Will this sim work without issue do you think?

It will work - it's eir in everything but name

Advertisement