Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-10-2019, 23:54   #61
snoopsheep

delighted for the little punk, may every one of them get the same

i wish the judiciary were as concerned over the initial breaking of the law as they were people taking it into their own hands

yerman should've gotten a suspended sentence.
Advertisement
11-10-2019, 23:55   #62
punisher5112

How could one set up a petition....

I think it's gone way too far.....

O honestly don't know what id do if my property or family was under attack....
Thanks from:
11-10-2019, 23:56   #63
NewbridgeIR

Very harsh sentence.
There should be no jail time for retaliation.
(2) thanks from:
11-10-2019, 23:58   #64
TimeToShine

Feel sorry for the guy to be honest, he looks like a decent fella in the photo.

The judge's comments are absolute horse ****e. Imagine trying to visit your mother with 20 little ****es outside damaging your car, you head out with a hurl to intimidate them off and one of them swings for you with a plank, of course you'd lose the ****ing run of yourself. I'm not condoning smacking him in the head but you'd be hard pushed not to get driven into fight or flight mode when your property is being damaged, your elderly mother is in the house so you need to set a precedent, you're outnumbered and being swung at with a weapon.

5 years is a long time for someone in their mid 30s, an awful waste.

edit: just saw a post above saying he had been convicted of a stabbing in 2004...looks can be deceiving.

Last edited by TimeToShine; 12-10-2019 at 00:03.
11-10-2019, 23:58   #65
Calhoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxhound2005 View Post
I probably shouldn't judge by looks, but his picture struck me as the sort who might have had other run ins with the law. He would have been 20 back in 2004 when this happened. Nothing else on Google that I can see.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2004/0505/49784-murrayhinnm/
I would say this was some of the.mitigatong circumstances and why he got such a harsh sentence.

There should be a lesson her for authorities but their won't be, I know on most cases like this they probably couldn't do much.

Ireland seems like the place where you have to get justice in your own hands or you won't get **** all.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-10-2019, 00:01   #66
punisher5112

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatranska View Post
It wasn't self defence. He went after him and smacked him in the head with a hurl. Totally disproportionate reaction and a light sentence.
And what happens if he comes back again, again and again.....

The fcuking scum bag tried to attack him...

You do realise that kids of 10 years of age are carrying knives and dealing drugs....

This 16 year old wasn't going over to give him a hug, he tried to hit him with a plank.... He damaged his property...

If Mr Curtis hadn't done what he done there is near no doubt this would most likely carry on and happen again.....
12-10-2019, 00:04   #67

I wonder what stops all this. A purge-type scenario. Normal people offing assholes - keep at it until it stops. Utopic environment eventually. That should do it
12-10-2019, 00:05   #68
dxhound2005

I don't see any comment on the performance of the jury, in finding him guilty. It is obvious that 12 people picked from this thread would find him not guilty, despite the evidence.
12-10-2019, 00:07   #69
dxhound2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToShine View Post
Feel sorry for the guy to be honest, he looks like a decent fella in the photo.

The judge's comments are absolute horse ****e. Imagine trying to visit your mother with 20 little ****es outside damaging your car, you head out with a hurl to intimidate them off and one of them swings for you with a plank, of course you'd lose the ****ing run of yourself. I'm not condoning smacking him in the head but you'd be hard pushed not to get driven into fight or flight mode when your property is being damaged, your elderly mother is in the house so you need to set a precedent, you're outnumbered and being swung at with a weapon.

5 years is a long time for someone in their mid 30s, an awful waste.

edit: just saw a post above saying he had been convicted of a stabbing in 2004...looks can be deceiving.
Charged, but no further report of how any court case went.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-10-2019, 00:07   #70
jay0109

This wouldn't happen if we had a functioning Judicial system and a proper Gardai presence/response in our country. We don't so people become frustrated and take the law into their own hands.

Still can't have 35yo's running down the road whacking 16yo's across the head with a hurl. I'm just surprised there's not more of it
12-10-2019, 00:12   #71
Calhoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay0109 View Post
This wouldn't happen if we had a functioning Judicial system and a proper Gardai presence/response in our country. We don't so people become frustrated and take the law into their own hands.

Still can't have 35yo's running down the road whacking 16yo's across the head with a hurl. I'm just surprised there's not more of it
Pretty much this.

If you are going to go the other route you do so in a way you don't get caught.
Thanks from:
12-10-2019, 00:19   #72
dxhound2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
I would say this was some of the.mitigatong circumstances and why he got such a harsh sentence.

There should be a lesson her for authorities but their won't be, I know on most cases like this they probably couldn't do much.

Ireland seems like the place where you have to get justice in your own hands or you won't get **** all.
The jury would not be aware of any previous convictions. They have to decide the case on the evidence, and they found him guilty. There is no report of whether that 2004 incident resulted in him being convicted.

After the case the system decided that he got too light a sentence, and it was increased on appeal. Again there is no mention in the newspaper report of any previous convictions being taken into account.
12-10-2019, 00:19   #73
Guy Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxhound2005 View Post
Charged, but no further report of how any court case went.
He served time for it. Got a partially suspended 6 year sentence. The scrote is also described as quiet and said he had a small, close group of friends. 20 seems more than small to me, I would describe myself as quiet yet I;ve never smashed up someone's car.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-37533192.html
12-10-2019, 00:21   #74
dxhound2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Person View Post
He served time for it. Got a partially suspended 6 year sentence. The scrote is also described as quiet and said he had a small, close group of friends. 20 seems more than small to me, I would describe myself as quiet yet I;ve never smashed up someone's car.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-37533192.html
I missed that bit, thanks.
12-10-2019, 00:22   #75
Mysterypunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Mountain View Post
Perp is 35. Victim is 16.
He followed the kid to hit him in head.
We can't have vigilantes.
Perp, is it nice today in LA?

Quick Reply
Bold