Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you need an extension to the slurry spreading date?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

alps wrote: »
    There something more natural about slurry left on top of ground. Will injected slurry react in the way that nature has designed for its integration within and utilisation by the soil?

Was it Dawg or Waffletractor saying about the injected slurry destroying the soil structure right at the top?

I'd prefer it on top of the ground, tbh, I've seen fields grazed after a dribble bar putting out watery slurry and all you could see were inch high strips of ungrazed grass right where the slurry went and the rest bare to the ground. Maybe problems at high covers alright, my contractor wouldn't spread on a paddock with a cover over 2000 for me yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

mahoney_j wrote: »
    T shoe or injecting in only job ,dribble bar is a balls of a job imo,leaves lines of slurry in top of ground

How is the trailing shoe any different? Doesn't slice the ground unless the going is fairly soft. In fact if you drop the shoe on hard ground, you'll end up with a much messier job than the dribble bar

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

i rang the dept of ag today about permission to spread and was told to ring the co.council , ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

PMU wrote: »
    i rang the dept of ag today about permission to spread and was told to ring the co.council , ffs
    Well, did you ring them? If you got the go ahead you'd want them to put it in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

no, I had enough trouble with them this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

PMU wrote: »

I believe the co. councils are waiting for the Dept of Ag to give the derogation. Not the other way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

There’s tankers out with slurry around here. The neighbor was at it there few days ago before the rain - it wasn’t soiled water at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

Sugarbowl wrote: »
    There’s tankers out with slurry around here. The neighbor was at it there few days ago before the rain - it wasn’t soiled water at all!

All depends on who your neighbours are! One prick of a neighbour here. One foot out of line by me and guaranteed being reported to the council.

Advertisement