Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE Hell in a Cell 2019 SPOILERS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The utter contempt WWE has for its fans is remarkable. Lying to fans that Austin and Undertaker would be at Smackdown and now a DQ in a HIAC match?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

A DQ in a Hell in a Cell is so lame, like the majority of stuff on main roster WWE so no surprise really.

That main event was so bad, they only have themselves to blame for not being able to contain themselves from booking Wyatt in a title match so soon. Some great free advertising for AEW too, love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,050 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I said this last week.
    SlickRic wrote: »
    The Fiend is in a title match far too soon.

As usual, WWE will ultimately book themselves into a corner by putting hot character in the title picture before he is firmly established in the psyche of the audience as strong and formidable.

WWE short term nonsense.

Why not have Fiend pick guys off? Why does he have to be booked against the champion as soon as fúcking possible? Maybe just have the Fiend scare and beat people for a few months first?

Fiend should be doing nothing but beat people for now. Why compromise him or the champion yet? Establish him over a long period of time, then if a title match comes, you can decide if it's the right time for a win or loss.

Fiend has to win or at least look remarkably strong in this match at HIAC. You're hurting the character if you do anything else, which means you'll be compromising Seth to too big a degree. I mean, they already are. The champion should never be cowering. HBK knew Mankind was mental, but never cowered.

They've no clue how to book anything properly.

I'm no genius, but between booking themselves into this and the utter contempt they have for their fans, last night was completely predictable if we'd thought about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

That ending was peak WCW in its latter days. Xpacs reaction is hilarious but also sad in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Saw it said elsewhere but Wyatt brings out a giant hammer and uses it. Nothing.

Rollins brings out a sledge and you have that absolute twat of a ref being all "This isn't you, Seth!" and throws the match out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

How did that finish happen even the rewording I seen earlier this morning match stoppage if that was the case you brace him in the ring and go the whole haul rather than Bray making his usual exit. X-Pac went too far with his input :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The frustrating part is if they didn't put it inside the cell, I think that ending could have actually been pretty good. But the Cells are meant to be "100% getting a straight winner!" matches.

A normal singles match that devolves into a war, ending with Seth crossing a line, would have been a great ending. But insisting on putting their first match into the cell was a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah, we all knew it and were totally right. I was far too early to put The Fiend in the title picture and as a result we get this nonsense of a finish.

Saw the poll on twitter before with a DQ for HIAC and it was pretty clear from then. Totally ridiculous and stupid. WWE just can't get out of their own way at times. With the talent, the platform and fanbase they have they should be putting on quality but of course with all the money that brings they can just put out crap and people will take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I actually think if they just put sasha/becky on last and seth/the fiend on anytime in the show it comes off not as bad.

i mean still a stupid finish but sasha/becky sends the fans home happy or as TSC nailed just a normal match and thats fine and i think this is a big problem with just putting on gimmick ppv's that have to have the cell as it forces feuds that dont need them yet into it.

its again one stupid booking decision overshadows the whole show which i though was decent and we should be talking about how great a match sasha/becky put on

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So started off good and then Charlotte is well on her way to making her dads world title record a dot in the rear view mirror. And that stupid finish in the HIAC where having a DQ finish is as about as stupid as when once forcing a break by grabbing the rope was allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Charlotte is well on her way to making her dads world title record a dot in the rear view mirror.

Imagine the amount of titles she'll have if she wrestles as long as he did, wooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Imagine if they go with a persona for Rollins which he comes out and wears a mask

I can see huge fan pushback on Rollins on Raw tonight.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Not against that. He's boring and his social media is a joke. He's worked himself into a shoot and he's made himself look stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Maybe we're getting a Rollins heel turn, might as well turn him after last night's reaction.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Will be fun when the crowd realise we're getting Rollins/Brock again at Survivor Series.....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Will be fun when the crowd realise we're getting Rollins/Brock again at Survivor Series.....

Becky vs Charlotte is lined up yet again also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The intrigue of the show was how can WWE book a finish so that the fiend & rollins result won't hurt either but the reality was grim.
    WWE use red lighting in a match with a huge red cage while the babyface mainly was in control of the heel who he literally cowered & screamed in fear of. The Fiend uses a comically large hammer which the commentators said he tried to impale him with it :confused: I'm not sure how you impale someone with that. The match also featured a tool box, a table, chair, a ladder, about 20 curb stomps, a neck snap & a sledgehammer which was going too far.

Did an adult book that or was it a 7 year old playing WWE 2K20?

Started a survivor series thread

Cant describe how much of a **** up they made of the fiend/rollins rivalry. It will last for the upcoming European tour and prob have whatever brands both are on end with the fiend leaving the arena after attacking rollins

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Brazzers Twitter account taking a shot at the finish... :pac:

https://twitter.com/Brazzers/status/1181216046910464000
    Hey WWE, let us know if you need advice on how to craft logical and coherent storylines with satisfying finishes #HIAC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

a DQ in a hell in a cell match? well that is a new one.
    Did they book themselves in a bind again? .. book the match. Sell the match. Yet when it comes to who does the job you don't want either man to look weak so you go with the classic DQ finish. But it's a HELL IN THE CELL!

... Still doesnt beat Austin vs Kane first blood screw up :pac:

It appears the finish to the main event was how it was meant to go and apparently vince was laughing at the crowd reaction to the finish. Now obviously this is just a report but if that even slightly true then vince has lost his ****ing mind fully.

It appears the finish to the main event was how it was meant to go and apparently vince was laughing at the crowd reaction to the finish. Now obviously this is just a report but if that even slightly true then vince has lost his ****ing mind fully.

Christ and the shape the baxtard is in he will never leave. Tbf hes never retiring

Reckon the writers/producers are afraid to overrule him

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The man simply doesn't give a flying monkey's at this point, company's healthier than ever from a financial stand point. People will still tune in despite the **** they've been fed by the shovel load.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Christ and the shape the baxtard is in he will never leave. Tbf hes never retiring

Reckon the writers/producers are afraid to overrule him

All yes men :pac:
    It's Vince McMahon. No secret he is this intimidating figure. Many people have said that. Hates sneezing yadda yadda. No way he could be all that and allow people to say "Vince.. you're wrong here"

There will be a bump in the ratings tonight just to see the fallout. That will justify it to Vince.

Also, who knew Kairi could be such a disgusting heel...

https://twitter.com/bulletclubita/status/1181004843122593792?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 84,976 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Crowd is right, bullsh

Rollins beats his head with chairs and a toolbox and ladders but a sledgehammer is too much?

Big AEW chants too.

Was it HHH's sledgehammer? Rollins already uses the pedigree

A stupid finish for a HIAC match

Becky and Sasha match of the night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They were already booing Seth during the match. If it's the same crowd tonight, I predict a lot of AEW chants. And Rollins will get booed to the point where even Roman will have pity on him.
    But what else were the fans chanting apart from "Bull****" and "AEW"?
    And the fact they stopped the match, only for The Fiend to get up right away just reinforces the fact the match shouldn't have been stopped.

Anyway, for the other matches, is Paige done with the Kabuki Warriors? That's twice, at least, that she hasn't joined them. And I'm wondering are they heels now or just lying, cheating and stealing? Also, what's with Corey's pronunciation of Kairi?

Why didn't Bayley even attempt to get to the ropes? Thought someone else was going to come out when she was still there after Charlotte left.

So who's this "they" that calls Sasha "The Blueprint"?

Was that a dark haired breeze that Tamina hit after winning the title? Expected a Funaki win

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I throughly look forward to looking back at last nights Main Event as the “Finger poke of doom” moment in a few years from now.

Advertisement