Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recliner sofas

• 06-10-2019 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what people's opinions are of them? In the process of looking of looking at new suites and had never considered recliners but herself has her heart set on one.

Main thing for me about them is that I think rightly or wrongly that with no many moving parts that they would be prone to breaking. Is my opinion wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭durtybit

Just wondering what people's opinions are of them? In the process of looking of looking at new suites and had never considered recliners but herself has her heart set on one.

Main thing for me about them is that I think rightly or wrongly that with no many moving parts that they would be prone to breaking. Is my opinion wrong?

You're opinion would be correct that additional moving parts increase the risk of damage, they can however be serviced / fixed.

If you go for leather, stay away from anything that "looks" like leather posing as leather.

Naturally, more moving parts will mean more parts that can break. However, I've never actually sat in a broken recliner. So I'd say it's fairly rare that it happens. And if it does happen, I presume it'd be as simple as replacing the cable that pulls via the handle (perhaps trickier to repair in the event of an electric recliner).

I'd recommend them. I just assume all chairs are recliners nowadays in people's houses.

Advertisement