Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tusk's Walrus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

It is a very good idea in fairness. Don't think its going to help me much with some of the choices i have in mind though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

sKeith wrote: »
    Please don't make yourself identifiable, as the whole point of going anon was to remove bias based on knowing who submitted what.

My bad. What I meant to say it that they are all on Spotify......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Please don't make yourself identifiable, as the whole point of going anon was to remove bias based on knowing who submitted what.

What about if the obscure one involves me going round to Tusk's house with a dube and a vocoder? Should I just wear a mask?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

What about if the obscure one involves me going round to Tusk's house with a dube and a vocoder? Should I just wear a mask?

Sounds like an instant win already

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Will the entries be randed so that tusk doesn't know which group came from a single user?

As in, are you going to say song A, B, C, D and X came from Doris WW or are you just gonna lump all songs in to all others of the same category so there'd be no knowledge of the same person submitting same songs.

Am probably explaining crap. I hope you get me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Would have thought it would be the latter. But could be wrong

I’ll get an entry in. Probably be next week though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

quickbeam wrote: »
    Will the entries be randed so that tusk doesn't know which group came from a single user?

As in, are you going to say song A, B, C, D and X came from Doris WW or are you just gonna lump all songs in to all others of the same category so there'd be no knowledge of the same person submitting same songs.

Am probably explaining crap. I hope you get me.

Okay,

so heres the process.

people pm we there lists.

i coalate these lists in a spreadsheet

in column a i have boards name. in column b i have made up names, in coumn cdef and g i have the songs labeled by the categories.
    i will give tusk all but colunm a, that will be held back until grading is done, then i will send him everything.

does that explain it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Okay so tusk will know that one person sent a group of songs. Got it thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

will throw list in over weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

That WAS the plan.

I could anonymize 5 times, so there is no linkage between choices.
    I was thinking just put a mask the submitter, but the songs remain grouped together as that masked persons choices.

If tusk wises, I can go 1 step further and anonymise for each song, so that no choice in one category is linked to any choice in another.

Its up to tusk what level of anon he wants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Starting to get a real sKieth Stalin to Tusks Lenin from this...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

so how much do you like Celiene Dion and Mariah Carey

I would like to play please :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That WAS the plan.

I could anonymize 5 times, so there is no linkage between choices.
    I was thinking just put a mask the submitter, but the songs remain grouped together as that masked persons choices.

If tusk wises, I can go 1 step further and anonymise for each song, so that no choice in one category is linked to any choice in another.

Its up to tusk what level of anon he wants.

Yeah....

Remind me that we're never playing chess together. :D

Your mind is seven steps ahead of mine!!

I'm too lazy and/or stupid to even recognize patterns like that so rest assured it will make no difference :)

My brain can only process one thing at a time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

fixxxer wrote: »
    Starting to get a real sKieth Stalin to Tusks Lenin from this...

Might be sKeith's McCartney to Tusks Lennon...its Walrus afterall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

tusk wrote: »
    I'm too lazy and/or stupid to even recognize patterns like that so rest assured it will make no difference :)

Just as long as you don't think "I can't give acoustic wotnot first again, not for the fifth time" and mark whoever they may be down ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I'm new to music but listen everyday on spotify, so will give it a go.. I defo wont have a clue for number 4 :D I'll give it a shot anyways..

I have so many songs to choose from. This will be great :D

• Advertisement

One per category will be tough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

2. The Changeling
    Ever have a song you just know you hate. You don't know why, but you do? Then somehow for no apparent reason you start humming it when it comes on. All of a sudden you're actively seeking it out on Spotify or YouTube? Submit a song you initially hated but then grew to like.

I reckon I know what Molly will submit for this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Hate is such a strong word. Is it enough that its something I didn't like initially or do want me to have hated it? :D

Just struggling a bit with this one, as if I hate a song there's no way it's going to be getting enough air time to change my mind

osh wrote: »
    Hate is such a strong word. Is it enough that its something I didn't like initially or do want me to have hated it? :D

Just struggling a bit with this one, as if I hate a song there's no way it's going to be getting enough air time to change my mind

This was always gonna be a hard one for some people. If it fits your idea of the category then enter it. If you need to loosen the limitations a bit then fire ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

In and looking forward to my 2nd win or maybe a wooden spoon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Whoops

Delete the PM I sent you Tusk

Edit: Gone to SK now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

4. The Obscurial
    We all have a couple of songs that we think nobody else we know has heard. It feels great, but do you share or keep it to yourself? Well in walrus you gotta share. Send me the most obscure song you think I'll never have heard of.

What happens if you do know the song? Do you explode? Do I explode?
    Will Necro run off with Joban and Banjo with Necrina?

I guess we'll have to wait and see...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

It's only dawned on me a Fleetwood Mac track might me well received (๏_๏) or maybe not :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I am laughing so much, that Mrs.Spookie wants to know what's so funny.

Advertisement