Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best ladies jeans??

• 15-09-2019 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭

So as a title says, what's your favourite jeans? They have to be comfy, suit the average curvy lady and be a good fit. So far I've tried next, m&s, stradivarius, tesco, river island...

I'm open to the cut as there's an occassion for every pair of jeans but my preference would prob be skinny/straight. I love the comfort of very stretchy denim but I don't think they do me any favours so I'd like a pair of proper good old denim. Years ago I used to love diesel but haven't seen any shapes I've liked lately.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

What age are you?
    If you're younger try River Island, Topshop etc.
    Older, try Salsa maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I've gone back to the good old Levis, lots of new styles to choose from. You can't beat the classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I find New Look jeans in straight cut and skinny cut to be very good.

Have you tried Dunnes? No idea what there's are like but you mentioned most ther stores so thought I would put that out there too also ''And Other Stores'' is another option maybe.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I love new look, river island Molly jeans, Zara can be hit and miss but ive bought some lovely jeans in there also and pull&bear is good for jeans too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I absolutely love Tesco's F&F 4 way contour jeans!
    They are super comfortable, stay up & keep their shape well... you need to size down (I know size labels are a load of balls but if does feel nice buying a smaller size!!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

I used to hate jeans as it was so hard to find a good comfy pair that fit right. Decided to get a new pair from Penneys recently to see if they were still the same quality as usual and couldnt believe how much their fit and feel improved from before. For 13 quid I was very happy with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I like Oasis Lily jeans - high waisted skinnies. The Ivy jeans from M&S are great for the price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭appledrop

I love Zara jeans + most come from here but have jean's from most high street shops. The thing with jeans is you have to try on loads to get a pair you like!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Pineapple1 wrote: »
    I used to hate jeans as it was so hard to find a good comfy pair that fit right. Decided to get a new pair from Penneys recently to see if they were still the same quality as usual and couldnt believe how much their fit and feel improved from before. For 13 quid I was very happy with them.

Yep Penneys jeans are my go-to ones ... they don't last forever, but at that price you don't really mind having to replace them every so often.

New Look, Tesco and Dunnes are good too. And Asda are excellent, if you're ever up the North.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

River Island Molly or Amelie. That's all I buy now. They're around €50 so not dirt cheap but not stupidly priced either. They wash well and keep their shape.

I like Zara jeans, but at 5'3" I just find that they're usually too long on me.
    River Island do different leg lengths. I go for the short to wear with runners/flats and the regular leg to wear with heels.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Gloria Vanderbilt by far are the nicest jeans on women, with 7 for all mankind coming in second.

Gucci makes a lovely pair of figure hugging jeans too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

My last pair of Molly jeans were worn & washed so much they faded... I used Dylon dye to freshen them up & they looked brand new - till the chubrub wore them down!!

71uzgbK%2B1rL._SY550_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭thesultan

What are Freddie jeans like? Cost etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I like River island Amelie (mid-rise, super skinny); I wasn’t really a fan of mollys as I felt the fabric was not as dense.....

I also like Levi’s - some of the models I like are: 710 (mid rise super skinny), 720 (high rise super skinny) and 310 (mid rise, super skinny shaping) - they wash well and hold their shape..... and their numbering system is handy in case you’re after another pair in a different colour, you know how they fit, etc.

I have a pair of wranglers (high rise skinnies in black) on the way (I bought them from amazon of all places, as they were much cheaper than buying directly from wranglers) I never had wranglers before, so I’m hoping the fit/quality is decent.

My favourite fit is skinny (ha, you’d never be able tell!) but I’m on the lookout for a pair of straight cut that I can cuff to the ankle..... all and any recommendations welcome :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'm a Levi's fan as well, I like the proper, thick denim. Kildare Village is great, two pairs for €120 usually. I will say I don't find the black lasts as well as other brands. I'd have to check the fit I have, but they're skinny, not skintight.

I recently got a pair of RI Molly jeans as I needed new black really-skinny-skinnies for nights out, and I find them ok, they do the job. The material feels so light, I fear they won't last too long with chub rub, belts constantly being looped in and out etc :pac:

My friend picked up a pair of Good American in a sale and said they're amazing.

Penney's had a fab looking straight leg in recently but I couldn't find my size in any of the colours, hope they bring them back soon. I've been after a straight leg pair for ages but a lot of them are the Mom style as opposed to a proper straight leg. I literally just look like someone's mom when I try them on.

I have an amazing pair of bootcut flares from Nasty Gal, they are an incredible fit. Flares need to make a quicker comeback, they're so flattering!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

thesultan wrote: »
    What are Freddie jeans like? Cost etc..

https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057630552

Are you still trying to buy your OH a pair of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I like the ASOS Ridley jeans for every day jeans, they have a good range of sizes, legs and waist!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mrbrightside11

My last pair of Molly jeans were worn & washed so much they faded... I used Dylon dye to freshen them up & they looked brand new - till the chubrub wore them down!!

River Island Molly's all the way for me - but same problem with them wearing down with the chubrub!

Advertisement