Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I know Pavement are headlining Primavera - am I right in thinking that is billed as a worldwide exclusive?

Mother of God, short of Johnny and Moz getting back together, this is the gig I would like to see more than any other. What a brilliant back catalogue. I will commence prayers immediately.

Lots of great suggestions there already. I'm smacking my lips at the thoughts of Idles in the Electric Arena. Supergrass, Wilco, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Phoebe Bridgers, returns for Fontaines and Murder Capital...ah, I need time to recover before working myself up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭rubick

My body is wondering why I haven't had any cider since Sunday and if there's something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭fafy

I got mines for 240€

I booked mine late, last December, cost me an extra tenner !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Yep, they are always on my list but if I had the choice between a festival appearance and a Vicar Street show, I'd like the latter. My one and only Wilco gig was at the Iveagh Gardens. It was lovely - even in the rain - but the chatter killed it a little for me. I'd like a nice indoor show this time!

If I was to guess at the type of acts who might take slots at festivals (anywhere) next year, I'd say...

Tame Impala
    Foals
    Bon Iver
    Anderson .Paak
    Vampire Weekend

I wonder will Future Islands be back? Or Arcade Fire? They can't be too far off releasing new music. I'd guess Thom Yorke solo rather than Radiohead but I'd class it as less likely than those above, I think.

Idles have a new album coming so they would be a maybe but I heard that they are taking a break after the current tour due to extensive touring for the last 2/3 years.

I think Lana Del Ray could be doing the rounds too - her new album is getting rave reviews, though I've not checked it out.

I know Pavement are headlining Primavera - am I right in thinking that is billed as a worldwide exclusive?

I'd be happy with any of the above mentioned acts. And as headliner guesses go you may not be far off. Though I fear we'll be landed with Picture This or somesuch in one of the main slots. Which I can deal with as I spend so little time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

fafy wrote: »
    I booked mine late, last December, cost me an extra tenner !

That means early bird prices have gone up a tenner so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

rubick wrote: »
    My body is wondering why I haven't had any cider since Sunday and if there's something wrong.
    I had all the best intentions of staying in this weekend and recuperate fully, but I think I need a couple for my own sanity after the depression of mid-week.

I had all the best intentions of staying in this weekend and recuperate fully, but I think I need a couple for my own sanity after the depression of mid-week.

Could see it far enough at the minute but I'll probably have a few light ales tomorrow evening in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Yep, they are always on my list but if I had the choice between a festival appearance and a Vicar Street show, I'd like the latter. My one and only Wilco gig was at the Iveagh Gardens. It was lovely - even in the rain - but the chatter killed it a little for me. I'd like a nice indoor show this time!

If I was to guess at the type of acts who might take slots at festivals (anywhere) next year, I'd say...

Tame Impala
    Foals
    Bon Iver
    Anderson .Paak
    Vampire Weekend

I wonder will Future Islands be back? Or Arcade Fire? They can't be too far off releasing new music. I'd guess Thom Yorke solo rather than Radiohead but I'd class it as less likely than those above, I think.

Idles have a new album coming so they would be a maybe but I heard that they are taking a break after the current tour due to extensive touring for the last 2/3 years.

I think Lana Del Ray could be doing the rounds too - her new album is getting rave reviews, though I've not checked it out.

Yes Primavera, all three versions.

The new Lana is pretty good, I'd go see her.

I'd like Shame, Durand Jones and the indications, Wilco, flying lotus, Aldous Harding, the cure, lambchop, the Beth's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I guess old school hip hop is off the menu. None of that in 2019 :(

how about:

Snapped Ankles
    Bran Van 3000 (every year I wish and it never happens)
    The Stranglers
    Basement Jaxx (well overdue a return)
    Groove Armada (not a DJ set)
    LCD Soundsystem (I just cant get enough)
    Depeche Mode
    ...and the obligatory Boards of Canada (sigh)

• Advertisement

That means early bird prices have gone up a tenner so.

Why would PM prices, have an impact on weekend tickets ? I would have expected an increase anyway to be honest, on both.

PM just sent an email, sales start 9am this Satuday

Why would PM prices, have an impact on weekend tickets ? I would have expected an increase anyway to be honest, on both.

think poster means PM early birds.

Unsure if this is just a campsite rumour, but a couple of older gents we were camped next to were pretty certain that EP's capacity for next year will be increased by 20,000 - which seems like a massive jump for me. I could see this over the space of a few years - and if the fields across the Abbeyleix Road are used for car parking/campsites - but to have that size of a crowd increase in the space of one year seems a bit bonkers to me. Anyone else hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Mother of God, short of Johnny and Moz getting back together, this is the gig I would like to see more than any other.

Isint he a bit of an old racist now?

how about:

Snapped Ankles
    Bran Van 3000 (every year I wish and it never happens)
    The Stranglers
    Basement Jaxx (well overdue a return)
    Groove Armada (not a DJ set)
    LCD Soundsystem (I just cant get enough)

Depeche Mode
    ...and the obligatory Boards of Canada (sigh)

Will support!
    Could I just throw The Orb in there too for a late Body & Soul set (but not on the Sunday night/Monday morning at stupid o'clock like they did with Gaudi ffs)

Unsure if this is just a campsite rumour, but a couple of older gents we were camped next to were pretty certain that EP's capacity for next year will be increased by 20,000 - which seems like a massive jump for me. I could see this over the space of a few years - and if the fields across the Abbeyleix Road are used for car parking/campsites - but to have that size of a crowd increase in the space of one year seems a bit bonkers to me. Anyone else hear this?

Sounds very unlikely.

Will support!
    Could I just throw The Orb in there too for a late Body & Soul set (but not on the Sunday night/Monday morning at stupid o'clock like they did with Gaudi ffs)

Fvck yeah! Let's throw in Future Sound of London while we are at it, shall we? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

PM early bird last year for 2man were 240, this year they're 250.

think poster means PM early birds.

Aha, i see.

I wasn't being entirely serious, Scruff. Moz has of course dirtied his bib too often. But they're not taking the Smiths off me.

• Advertisement

Fvck yeah! Let's throw in Future Sound of London while we are at it, shall we? :)

I think we can (sadly) file them along with Boards of Canada - not touring ever! Despite still being pretty prolific with their output in various aliases. In the past year alone we had From the Archives Vol. 9, Yage 2019 and a solo album from Humanoid (which is a banger!).

They have been crafting the next Amorphous Androgynous album for a few years, which has the working title We Persuade Ourselves We Are Immortal; what clips they have released sound utterly gorgeous.

Also, the Little Chill festival had 'Gaz Cobain (DJ Set, tbc)' on their flyer for ages, but I don't think he ended up playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Kepler21

Could see it far enough at the minute but I'll probably have a few light ales tomorrow evening in the house.

My nieces wedding is tomorrow, so some beverages will be consumed after a few days respite. Probably not good for the 9am ticket scramble. I will have to go the online route instead of the kiosk (1 vs 6), so if there is a spare 3 picnic code going spare PM it my way.

Down with this sort of thing !

A reunion is about as likely as Jim Morrison playing the Salty Dog

Down with this sort of thing !

A reunion is about as likely as Jim Morrison playing the Salty Dog
    Wait, what? Was that not Jim fronting up the Roadhouse Doors?? He was at least as sexy and mysterious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

herd killing ftw!

I think we can (sadly) file them along with Boards of Canada - not touring ever! Despite still being pretty prolific with their output in various aliases. In the past year alone we had From the Archives Vol. 9, Yage 2019 and a solo album from Humanoid (which is a banger!).

They have been crafting the next Amorphous Androgynous album for a few years, which has the working title We Persuade Ourselves We Are Immortal; what clips they have released sound utterly gorgeous.

Also, the Little Chill festival had 'Gaz Cobain (DJ Set, tbc)' on their flyer for ages, but I don't think he ended up playing it.

Remember Amorphous Androgynous played a late night at body and soul stage about seven years ago. I loved it and all my mates didn't get it at all.

Remember Amorphous Androgynous played a late night at body and soul stage about seven years ago. I loved it and all my mates didn't get it at all.

WAT

:eek:

I didn't know that, and I was probably there.

Jeeez

WAT

:eek:

I didn't know that, and I was probably there.

Jeeez

Oh it was 2009.. https://www.goldenplec.com/electric-picnic-body-and-soul-lineup/

and it wasn't that late ... feckin' drugs!

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Wait, what? Was that not Jim fronting up the Roadhouse Doors?? He was at least as sexy and mysterious.

Saw those lads at the gig last Friday and talk about a perfect act for SD.

Also met someone the following day, who was drinking with lead singer until 4am ish previous year, showed me a photo, Exact same hat, jacket, everything. They played well, and no doubt we’l see them again next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Highly unlikely. The increases have recently been pretty minor so I'd expect the festival to creep up another 2.5k or 5k maximum. Can't see an increase of 20k being accepted by the Gardai or local council.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement