Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cscs articulated dump truck

• 22-08-2019 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

Anyone done the training for this recently. i,m in the north east of the country and trying just to get some info on it.
    for anyone who has drove above are they aside from there size much different or harder to get use to compared with your large tractor /dump trailer combo
    i,ve never driven one so just considering looking about the cscs card for ajob.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

Artic dumper is easier to maneuver than your tractor and trailer..........................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

It steers different to how you steer a trailer when reversing. With a tractor and trailer you have the articulation point and also the steering wheels. The dumper is more straightforward but might catch you out occasionally till you get used to it.
    To get the experienced one day test you'll have to have someone vouch for the minimum 6 month experience in the last two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭390kid

Did you do the test or look much more into it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

390kid wrote: »
    Did you do the test or look much more into it

discovered a place in drumlish Longford that provides the one day training /certification for the above. all i need now is €400 and a dump truck and see if i can handle one???

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭390kid

ruwithme wrote: »
    discovered a place in drumlish Longford that provides the one day training /certification for the above. all i need now is €400 and a dump truck and see if i can handle one???

Aye I’m with ya on that one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Never got round to doing the test for above, enquired about it recently & it's now €490 to do the one day course. Anyone do it recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,909 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

courses are about €450 around cork. It's a simple course , you usually do the course in something small rather than an A25 or A40.

As for driving them, they are simple enough. It's been a good few years since I drove them in quarries or large sites, but apparently safety has improved and they are not asking people to do anything too dangerous anymore. As has the quality of the machinery

Advertisement