Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

October Brexit

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

tanko wrote: »
    Can't see any deal being agreed at this stage, not a hope of a no deal Brexit happening, it would be a disaster for the brits.
    Another long extension on the cards, i never thought they'd leave and i still don't think they will.
    The best deal they'll ever get is the situation they're in now, ie in the EU.
    They were told a pack of lies before the referendum about immigration and other nonsense.

The murdoch press has fed them a diet of anti EU propoganda for thirty years and more, that has an effect

They absolutely will leave, the next vote will be an even bigger leave vote

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭kk.man

Brexit looks to be almost fixed with a deal in sight. It's worth a punt on the stock exchange now if a person had money to gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Jb1989

kk.man wrote: »
    Brexit looks to be almost fixed with a deal in sight. It's worth a punt on the stock exchange now if a person had money to gamble.

In what way of investment?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Wohooo I think??

https://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1184444300706353152?s=20

"A Nation once again.
    A Nation once again."

• Advertisement

Wohooo I think??

https://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1184444300706353152?s=20

"A Nation once again.
    A Nation once again."

Still a bit early for a sing-song, perfidious Albion and all that.

The GFA was recognised until it became an obstacle to Brexit and then dumped without apology.

Jb1989 wrote: »
    In what way of investment?

British and Irish stocks and shares. Currency too with GBP.

Looks like it's getting close to agreement?
    https://twitter.com/JenniferMerode/status/1184571238452269056?s=19

It'll be tomorrow if it will happen.
    Seemingly all the talk was always about tomorrow not tonight.

Part of me thinks Alps could be right and this is all optics just so they say they tried and a further extension is granted and the other part thinks they may genuinely be doing something.

Leo Varadkar could look very well in all this and a possible election called in November. Then again the balloon could be burst this time tomorrow.

The eu won't be the same without them.
    I can't see how farming will benefit in any way on the two islands because of it. The only saving grace for trade on the island will be the Irish sea border.

It's a bit late now but the emergence of the British supermarkets in this country were never a positive thing for farmers but then that doesn't matter either as the Germans muscled in as well. They may have been slightly not as ruthless but still..

It'll be tomorrow if it will happen.
    Seemingly all the talk was always about tomorrow not tonight.

Part of me thinks Alps could be right and this is all optics just so they say they tried and a further extension is granted and the other part thinks they may genuinely be doing something.

Leo Varadkar could look very well in all this and a possible election called in November. Then again the balloon could be burst this time tomorrow.

The eu won't be the same without them.
    I can't see how farming will benefit in any way on the two islands because of it. The only saving grace for trade on the island will be the Irish sea border.

It's a bit late now but the emergence of the British supermarkets in this country were never a positive thing for farmers but then that doesn't matter either as the Germans muscled in as well. They may have been slightly not as ruthless but still..

The DUP issues a statement that they can't support the current agreement but will continue to seek a 'sensible' deal.

https://www.independent.ie/business/brexit/major-blow-to-boris-as-dup-cannot-support-current-brexit-deal-38603857.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

The DUP issues a statement that they can't support the current agreement but will continue to seek a 'sensible' deal.

https://www.independent.ie/business/brexit/major-blow-to-boris-as-dup-cannot-support-current-brexit-deal-38603857.html

Arlene wants 2 billion more

Arlene wants 2 billion more

You are probably right. The North got some amount of money in the last few years and probably more to follow. They are ideal based.

Amazing that six small countys will have such a hold on Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭jaymla627

kk.man wrote: »
    You are probably right. The North got some amount of money in the last few years and probably more to follow. They are ideal based.

Amazing that six small countys will have such a hold on Europe.

The cash for ash scandal is more then enough to bury her political, her day of reckoning will be very sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭alps

Can Boris get this through on Saturday? Has he any real want to get it through? Can't believe they've all moved on without the DUP...

A sea border to the Unionist must be as difficult as a land border to a Nationalist...

Who is going to secure the North if there is a loyalist backlash? British troops cannot return....if the powers that be are confident in progressing without DUP backing, they must have covered off the security issue..

jaymla627 wrote: »
    The cash for ash scandal is more then enough to bury her political, her day of reckoning will be very sweet

This new book ..Burned..by Sam McBride is all over the media these past few days.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/politics/arlene-foster-refuses-to-explain-why-no-civil-servants-at-moy-park-meeting-1-9106723/amp

Between the whole thing as a side note apparently Arlene received a turkey as a political gift which was declared. Andrew Crawford was offered one too but wanted an extra large turkey which wasn't declared. The langer.

Tory party election literature has been sent to party grassroots in the past week that suggests UK in an extension period. Is it the PM's plan to have this deal fail and go directly to the country.? What will EU do if deal is not accepted by Westminster. EU want them out now, but never ballsey enough to chuck them out on a no deal.

If deal fails on Saturday, it's a long extension...

If it passes, Ireland, North and South will be in limbo for years with that 4 year review hanging over it, with that excuse of an executive, Stormont, holding decisive powers..each side capable of vetoing...

It's a mess

WA agreement would pass of course if there is a referendum attached...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

For both Boris and the EU it a gamble. If it's rejected by Westminster Boris can go to the country and fight an election as a moderate. It's unlikely that in such a situation Garage can attack too much from the extreme Brexit Flank and the extreme Tories are sidelined as well.

In NI will the majority who the agreement is acceptable vote tactically and will you have a cluster of SDLP, Alliance and UUP MP's to counteract DUP numbers.I cannot see SF and the DUP winning as many seats next time. Even 6-7 seats could make a post election difference.

In the UK if push comes to shove will seats in the wealthy SE fall to the Liberals how far will labour collapse. A Boris gaffle during the election could decide the outcome.

If the extreme Brexiteers win it's immaterial to the EU we will have a head Brexit anyway. If Borris cobble's together a majority the EU will look to him to honour the agreement. If the remained/softer Brexiteers get enough numbers they can soften the agreement further

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Across Ireland and England people came together in calling the DUP bas5123s.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Interesting the way there is no tariff on horses but there is on asses:D

https://intertradeireland.com/brexit/tariff-checker/

Some sober reading there.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

blue5000 wrote: »
    Interesting the way there is no tariff on horses but there is on asses:D

https://intertradeireland.com/brexit/tariff-checker/

Some sober reading there.

The rich keep the horses.
    The rich make their own rules. ;)

That's in a no deal Brexit. I doubt it'll happen though. There'll be a deal voted through or else an extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,121 ✭✭✭✭Base price

This maybe the future :rolleyes: -

• Registered Users Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Deal done.

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

Along with the 25% cut in their funds for the replacement for CAP...
    https://twitter.com/bleating_lamb/status/1234051524621459456?s=19

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Along with the 25% cut in their funds for the replacement for CAP...
    https://twitter.com/bleating_lamb/status/1234051524621459456?s=19

We probably have a few more years on this island before someone in Government says something similar.

And I’m sure plenty people here nodded their heads too when they read that and said, “Yeah, we could manage without them alright”

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

Advertisement