Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Power lifting belt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

At a glance, they're all 4", 10mm belts with levers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Yes, is that wrong to be going for?
    The old one was a different type, but I don't specifically need that style and was told that the fuller front would provide better support.

Yes, is that wrong to be going for?
    The old one was a different type, but I don't specifically need that style and was told that the fuller front would provide better support.

4" all round and 10mm is what you would be looking for in a decent belt. Not much to distinguish between the ones linked

Grand thanks.
    I didnt really want to go for a normal buckle type one again, so only showed the lever type ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Look up liftinglarge.com.

The Torro is a great belt for around €85.

You will have to import it from the U.S and pay around €10-15 customs tax.

It's highly recommended online as the best of the lower priced belts. 4 Inches and 10mm

• Advertisement

Got a belt a tried it last night for the first time.
    Cut me to shreds. See photo. Will this pass as it supples up or should I have gone for another belt, maybe 3" or a belt similar to my old one?
    It was sitting in sometimes to my hip and ribs. I'm 5'7 so maybe to small for a 4" belt although I see smaller girls lifting here with 4" belts.

Damn! :(

Can't see a photo but some are stiffer and will leave you looking like Larry Wheels' missus. Should ease up over time.

It will soften but takes time.

Keep rolling it. That softens it up

Still rolling it but no joy. It was not an expensive belt so the quality of the leather is probably not up to Inzer standard.
    I've read on other forums that soaking it in hot water will soften it and allow it to roll with you during squats etc. Rolling along the length is not the issue for me, it's when I hinge the bottom and top dig in to the point where I can't squat low.

Do you just roll lengthways in both directions and leave rolled up tight for periods of time?

Still rolling it but no joy. It was not an expensive belt so the quality of the leather is probably not up to Inzer standard.
    I've read on other forums that soaking it in hot water will soften it and allow it to roll with you during squats etc. Rolling along the length is not the issue for me, it's when I hinge the bottom and top dig in to the point where I can't squat low.

Do you just roll lengthways in both directions and leave rolled up tight for periods of time?

My belt was the same but it dug in to my ribs when Deadlifting. Now i can deadlift with it and its fine.

It will take more time than you think 1-3 months to really soften up.

Just roll lengthways. I wouldnt use water

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Are you wearing the belt too tight?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Are you wearing the belt too tight?

Yes:rolleyes:
    I loosened it out one eyelet and it is now much better. I think I was watching some of the others horse theirs up very tight and decided to do the same myself.

At the weekend it rolled it one way overnight and then rolled it the other way the following night. I put the lever on eyelet looser and so far it seems much better. I'm doing a longer set tonight so we'll see how I get on with that.

Thanks.

It shouldn't be tight , per se, when it's on. You need to be able to brace hard against it but that doesn't mean it has to be tight.

Definitely done something to that rib. Towards the end of each week it becomes tender.
    Going to chop some height of the belt dorm to approx 3.5" at the weekend and rest the ribs. Belt definitely done some type of damage to the rib.

Definitely done something to that rib. Towards the end of each week it becomes tender.
    Going to chop some height of the belt dorm to approx 3.5" at the weekend and rest the ribs. Belt definitely done some type of damage to the rib.

Don't tamper with the belt. You can get sore when using it during the first few weeks. Be patient.

Use it for your warm up sets as well until it loosens up. Then just use use it for your last warm up set onwards.

Problem is that I can do nothing now due to the rib. It was even hurting whilst using incline leg press machine.
    I'll hold off chopping it for a while until I get better.

Problem is that I can do nothing now due to the rib. It was even hurting whilst using incline leg press machine.

You can get a 3in deadlift belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Are you wearing it too high up? Did you try something as simple as wearing it a bit lower?

Surprised to see this thread is still on front page.
    I ended up putting it through the band saw and taking off an inch. Massive, massive difference. Like day and night.

For me, the belt was useless @ 4" so I had nothing to loose by cutting it down. I've seen some girls in the gym who use a 4" belt and it seems to be no bother to them, but it was agony for me. Most of the other fellas would be taller than me so my bio-mechanics must be totally askew compared to all of them.

Advertisement