Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,440 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

fafy wrote: »
    Does anyone know why it is, that both MCD & Aikens are “painfully slow“ to release ticket pricing.

They announce gigs, then, nada about pricing

In many cases, you don’t know, until you are actually buying the tickets.

Doesen’t say much about transparency, and i am surprised this practice has never been challenged.

I have often checked their twitter pages, and people ask what price is x event, and they are totally ignored.

They were putting people off by announcing the (usually) ridiculous pricing before the tickets went on sale.

They're relying on peoples excitement at the time of sale to shift tickets. And it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have often checked their twitter pages, and people ask what price is x event, and they are totally ignored.
    I planned on putting up a fairly high estimate for some gig, not ludicrous, to try and coax them to reply. PLay them at their own game, make it sound like you officially heard it so media outlets might even take up your tweet as being true and relay it and really screw them over!

They often will put the lowest price up, the auld "starting from", which still does not include the €7.15 fee and €1 levy some places have. They STILL put in the bogus "included booking fee" to scam non regular gig goers into thinking thats the service charge.

So friends will all commit to going, you see it on social media, people tagging others "you going?". People will commit and not want to pull out and appear scabby or whatever, or let the group down by pulling out.

Then as The Nal says it will also get people caught up on the day, thought it is usually known several days before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Does anyone know why it is, that both MCD & Aikens are “painfully slow“ to release ticket pricing.

They announce gigs, then, nada about pricing

In many cases, you don’t know, until you are actually buying the tickets.

If Ticketmaster have there way there will be no face value prices in the future .
    Their dynamic pricing model they use in the US will make its way over here .

Ticketmaster US are now using presales to gauge demand and adjust prices in real time .
    If there is big demand they jack the prices up .
    Its a deplorable practice ,completely designed to manipulate demand and price .

A few events over here have had dynamic pricing ,Cher in the 3Arena was one .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭fafy

The Nal wrote: »

They're relying on peoples excitement at the time of sale to shift tickets. And it works.

Clearly, ticketing, haa escaped the mandatory pricing transparency that applies to every other business, such as pubs with pricing at entrance, dentists & doctors with price lists up.

Its hard to understand how this is allowed to happen, there must be no legislation in place to combat this unfair practice.

The agitation strategy previously mentioned, on twitter and facebook seems to be the way to go, embarrass them into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ts_editor

greenspurs wrote: »
    yep. €ddie V€dder ………………. #GrungeIsDead….
    Remember when they took on Tick€tma$t€r over ticket prices ? :rolleyes:
    giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

It is a terrible practice and in a way one would hope that like soccer, the arse will fall out of it one day

Except that deep down nobody really wants that. So it probably wont

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭chatterbox

Anyone have a Killers presale code :) really need to get 2 for xmas pressie

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ts_editor

chatterbox wrote: »
    Anyone have a Killers presale code :) really need to get 2 for xmas pressie

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mactheknife19

Duffy98 wrote: »

So if I go to this link it just takes me to the main page and I can see the ''Happening Now" and a spinning circle. Should there have been an option to buy tickets which them would have required a code. And would anyone have a code to use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

So if I go to this link it just takes me to the main page and I can see the ''Happening Now" and a spinning circle. Should there have been an option to buy tickets which them would have required a code. And would anyone have a code to use
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/1800576EB3495F5A?did=elaserp

No code needed

I click it and i see the ticket option and no code required at all I dont know why it does that sorry about that

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mactheknife19

Thanks so much - that worked

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Not sure if it has been mentioned already (couldn't find it anything).
    National Concert Hall's Perspectives Series have an interesting line-up for next year

A Winged Victory for the Sullen on 3rd March
    Laurie Anderson on 28th and 29th March - different show each night
    Damon Albarn on 31st May and 1st June with new audio visual show (both nights sold-out already unfortunately)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Whilst they were never rumoured to tour this new album, don't hold your breath for a tour soon as Coldplay pause touring until they can offer 'environmentally beneficial' concerts that make the tour carbon neutral.

EJ4o5seXsAAFT0n?format=jpg&name=small

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Not sure if it has been mentioned already (couldn't find it anything).
    National Concert Hall's Perspectives Series have an interesting line-up for next year

A Winged Victory for the Sullen on 3rd March
    Laurie Anderson on 28th and 29th March - different show each night
    Damon Albarn on 31st May and 1st June with new audio visual show (both nights sold-out already unfortunately)

Thanks for heads up. I saw Laurie Anderson Live a few years back it was just unbelievable. She tells a lot of stories while playing, and - it works so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,910 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Zardoz wrote: »
    EJ4o5seXsAAFT0n?format=jpg&name=small

Camila Cabello 3Arena Dublin on the 8th of June

Whilst they were never rumoured to tour this new album, don't hold your breath for a tour soon as Coldplay pause touring until they can offer 'environmentally beneficial' concerts that make the tour carbon neutral.
    Yeah i find it hilarious that they are talking about the environment when they just flew all the way out to Jordan and shipped all their gear there to play a gig to debut their album its a bit rich coming from them in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭bureau2009

My buddy said he heard an ad on the radio saying tickets for Cork start at €125 :eek:
    Stop,Look,Listen,thats way too much.
    Not familiar with the Marquee in Cork. What are the seating arrangements likely to be for Diana Ross? Can you get near the stage?

The Supremes were called "The Supremes" for a reason. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

bureau2009 wrote: »
    Not familiar with the Marquee in Cork. What are the seating arrangements likely to be for Diana Ross? Can you get near the stage?

If it is an all-seater show, there will be a seated area in front of the stage and single-tier stands to the side and back, all assigned, so will depend on what tickets you buy.

If it is a standing show, you can walk right up to the stage regardless of your ticket, or take a seat in the stands. The seats are assigned but people tend to wander between the two areas at quieter gigs.

If it is a sell-out, it may be a little trickier to wander between the two but it's usually okay to get into the standing area anyway.

bureau2009 wrote: »

Its standing with seats at the back and side.

Not doubting Dianas credentials but theres no way you can charge top dollar in the Marquee.
    The sound in there has been getting worse and worse over the years.
    The sound system is shot .

Its standing with seats at the back and side.

Not doubting Dianas credentials but theres no way you can charge top dollar in the Marquee.
    The sound in there has been getting worse and worse over the years.
    The sound system is shot .

Totally depends on the acts “sound people”, have been at bad, good and stunning gigs- sound wise. The only common denominator, is the acts sound people. Roger Waterssound was stunning in there, and have been at many other gigs there where the sound was excellent.

Totally depends on the acts “sound people”, have been at bad, good and stunning gigs- sound wise. The only common denominator, is the acts sound people. Roger Waterssound was stunning in there, and have been at many other gigs there where the sound was excellent.

Sure the sound engineer can be hugely important but you cant turn a pigs ear into silk.
    Roger Waters played there 13 years ago ,the sound has deteriorated since then.
    The speaker system is ancient .

The last few gigs I've been there the sound has been terrible for all of them ,in previous years it could be good or bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That pearl jam forum would do ur head in with all the guessing and sucking up

Saw Slane been mentioned but nothing concrete came out from it

They are rumoured to play Slane most years in fairness , but like I mean if theres a Slane announcement surely were going to hear about it soon , last year it was known knowledge weeks in advance of the announcement that Metallica were playing so im sceptical if we are actually going to get a Slane next year just down to the fact ive heard nothing in the papers or any other media outlets more or less confiriming who's playing it. Also pure random question has anyone whos going to slipknot recoeve their ticket(s) yet ive only got a standing ticket plus that tacky souvenier card and it hasnt arrived yet wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as myself

Sure the sound engineer can be hugely important but you cant turn a pigs ear into silk.
    Roger Waters played there 13 years ago ,the sound has deteriorated since then.
    The speaker system is ancient .

The last few gigs I've been there the sound has been terrible for all of them ,in previous years it could be good or bad.

Afraid not , another stunning sound experience was Kraftwerk, in 2018, and have been at many where sound was excellent. Same venue all the time, its the sound people,of some acts, not having the experteese to get it right at that venue.

The only other ingredient it could be, is your location, i usually go to either the very front, if its a band i am really into, or centre one third back. I have only been in seats maybe twice out of maybe 30 gigs sonce 2005. That could be another reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Flyingfast

Just purchased two tickets, thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Also pure random question has anyone whos going to slipknot recoeve their ticket(s) yet ive only got a standing ticket plus that tacky souvenier card and it hasnt arrived yet wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as myself

Yeah i got it. Pretty soon after i bought it.

• Advertisement

Yeah its just over a month away they would want to hurry it up they are painfully slow at times the bastards

Advertisement