Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-02-2019, 22:24   #1
FTA69

ISIS people returning thread

So one of the three British teenagers who went to join ISIS at 15 has turned up at a refugee camp four years later and said she wants to return home. She is nine months pregnant with her third child, the first two supposedly dying of malnutrition, and wants to return to London in order to access the NHS.

Initially I sympathised with these girls, thinking they’d been groomed online and brainwashed and had made a terrible mistake but listening to the interview with the woman here - it’s chilling. She’s now a 19 year old woman, saying she regrets nothing, how severed heads in the bin unfazed her as “they were enemies of Islam” and how she “saluted” those remaining in the last bit of ISIS territory.

As far as I’m concerned she should be bloody left out there, but a mate of mine who fought against ISIS was opposed to this correctly asking why the Kurds should have put up with these foreign maniacs?

Unbelievable that some people are suggesting we should be tolerant or sympathetic to this woman.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...ned-isis-syria
(68) thanks from:
00sully, 123balltv, 2smiggy, 323, AbyssofPus, Accumulator, ahnowbrowncow, AllForIt, banana_bear, biko, Bitches Be Trypsin, BlueRoom63, crustybla, Cyclonius, DavidLyons_, davycc, de5p0i1er, deadlineday, deceit, delboythedub, dermo888, dexter647, DM-BM, Dtp1979, Duzzie, ExoPolitic, gaiscioch, Hector Savage, hobochris, Hotblack Desiato, Immortal Starlight, IrishZeus, jim o doom, JMNolan, jmreire, JohnMc1, josephsoap, JustAThought, maebee, mark_jmc, Metroid diorteM, mieletech, moby2101, mojesius, new Author, road_high, Rory28, Rothko, seligehgit, ShaneC93, Sharknose, shockwave, skooterblue2, SnakePlissken, Spleerbun, Stephen Gawking, Strawberry Milkshake, SusieBlue, tedpan, The Craic_Will_Set You Free, Thinkingaboutit, tipp_Gunner, Two Tone from Limehouse, Uboat, uncommon_name, Underground, Wibbs, Yamanoto
Advertisement
14-02-2019, 22:26   #2
Ipso

The only reason I'd let her back is if she had any worthwhile intelligence to offer on any crazies, other than that leave her in the pig pen.
14-02-2019, 22:26   #3
Underground

Seems a no brainer to me, and a classic case of "you've made your bed, now lie in it".
(107) thanks from:
123balltv, 1800_Ladladlad, 2smiggy, 323, 5star02707, AbyssofPus, ahnowbrowncow, Assetbacked, Bacchus, biko, Bitches Be Trypsin, BlueRoom63, brightspark, Captain Chaos, captbarnacles, CB19Kevo, Church on Tuesday, crustybla, Cyclonius, DaaaaaaaaaaN, Dalomanakora, Danzy, davidglanza, davidk1394, DavidLyons_, Day Lewin, de5p0i1er, deadlineday, deceit, delboythedub, Dick phelan, DM-BM, Doctor Jimbob, dolanbaker, dominatinMC, duffysfarm, Emmersonn, ExoPolitic, Fann Linn, Feisar, Flex, gaiscioch, Gannicus, Giveaway, Hector Savage, Hotblack Desiato, Immortal Starlight, IncognitoMan, Infini, IrishGrimReaper, IrishZeus, jackofalltrades, jimmycrackcorm, jmreire, josephsoap, JP Liz V1, Juanito13, JustAThought, kevohmsford, L.Jenkins, Larbre34, LillySV, Lyndsey3000, maebee, mark_jmc, martingriff, mfceiling, mieletech, MintyMagnum, moby2101, Mutant z, nick 56, Noodles81, nuac, old_aussie, olestoepoke, Posy, robinwing, Rory28, Rothko, saintsaltynuts, Sand, Sandz066, seligehgit, Sephiroth_dude, Sharknose, shockwave, SnakePlissken, Southdubin6, Spleerbun, Strumms, SuperS54, SusieBlue, TeaBagMania, terryduff12, The Bishop Basher, thebiglad, TheBoyConor, treade1, Turbohymac, Uboat, uncommon_name, Ursus Horribilis, Vowel Movement, WallyGUFC, Whatsisname, yamaha50
14-02-2019, 22:30   #5
Damien360

She is coming back to have her baby under the care of the NHS. Ridiculous that she wants to support the very thing that destroys democracy and then wants to avail of the good services paid by taxpayers of said democracy. She should be refused admission or at the very least incarcerated for membership of an illegal organisation.
(103) thanks from:
00sully, 123balltv, 1800_Ladladlad, 5star02707, AbyssofPus, Accumulator, afterglow, ahnowbrowncow, alchemist33, Atlantic Dawn, Bacchus, BannerBoy1, Benzino, biko, Bitches Be Trypsin, BlueRoom63, boring1205, Call me Al, Captain Chaos, captbarnacles, centralchill, Corkblowin, crustybla, Cyclonius, DaaaaaaaaaaN, Dalomanakora, davidk1394, DavidLyons_, deceit, delboythedub, Dick phelan, DM-BM, Doylers, drive3331, Dtp1979, duffysfarm, Emmersonn, esme95, eviltwin, Fart, Flex, FoxyVixen, Funkfield, fyfe79, Giveaway, gizabeer, Hotblack Desiato, Immortal Starlight, IncognitoMan, Ipso, IrishZeus, jackofalltrades, Jarren1, JDxtra, JMNolan, Joe390, Johnnyhpipe, josephsoap, JP Liz V1, Juanito13, Larbre34, LillySV, Lotus Flower, maebee, malinheader, mark_jmc, md23040, Midnight_EG, mieletech, Mr. Incognito, Mr_Man2121, Mutant z, nuac, opentarget, pgj2015, Purgative, robinwing, Rory28, Rothko, Sandz066, seligehgit, ShaneC93, Sharknose, SnakePlissken, Spleerbun, Stephen15, StinkyMunkey, Strumms, Sugar Free, SusieBlue, TeaBagMania, Teyla Emmagan, treade1, Turbohymac, Uboat, uncommon_name, Ursus Horribilis, Whatsisname, Wibbs, Yakult, yamaha50, Yeah_Right, Zadkiel
Advertisement
14-02-2019, 22:30   #6
Aegir

Mixed feelings in this. She was only a kid and should be given a chance, but it does seem like she is unrepentant.

I’m pretty sure she will make it back to London and be given some help, but as was said, she needs to be kept very low key to avoid being a magnet for crazies, be they the jihad type or BNP type.
14-02-2019, 22:31   #7
FourFourFM

Wow, this story is about to blow up
14-02-2019, 22:31   #8
jack of all

Off with her head.
14-02-2019, 22:33   #9
NIMAN

How would they treat a male who did what she did?

Can see her getting special treatment cos she's a female
Advertisement
14-02-2019, 22:35   #10
FTA69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
Mixed feelings in this. She was only a kid and should be given a chance, but it does seem like she is unrepentant.

I’m pretty sure she will make it back to London and be given some help, but as was said, she needs to be kept very low key to avoid being a magnet for crazies, be they the jihad type or BNP type.
Mate if she had her hands up saying, “I was groomed, it was awful. What a terrible decision I made. This is dire etc etc” I’d suggest treating her with compassion. But she isn’t.

Some people seem to be looking at the silly 15 year old on the camera stills and not listening to the adult in front of them condoning beheadings and saluting ISIS
14-02-2019, 22:38   #12
punisher5112

The UK really needs to check themselves and here too.

We are way to soft and easy.
14-02-2019, 22:38   #13
dilallio

What sort of life did these three 15 year old girls have in London, to believe that moving to a war zone and marrying soldiers they had never met would bring fulfillment?
14-02-2019, 22:39   #14
awec

Mod: Rugby, ZTest
Bring her back, look after the child and give it every chance in life.

And give her a long holiday at her majesty's pleasure.
14-02-2019, 22:39   #15
FTA69

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilallio View Post
What sort of life did these three 15 year old girls have in London, to believe that moving to a war zone and marrying soldiers they had never met would bring fulfillment?
Normal enough from what I can gather. A lot of these jihadis come from moderate and normal families.
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion