Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Squawk as you see fit (Off Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Saw a small trijet coming in to DUB earlier, falcon rather than a yak I imagine. Surprised a recent bizjet wouldn't have adsb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Paris Air Show have released their Aircraft List for June 2013. Apparently Qatar and Boeing are taking their 787 to the show. Qatar's will be static and Boeing's will do the flypast. A380, A320, A300 and A330 have been confirmed too. Not sure what airline it will be but rumours have it that the A380 will be BA's first jet. Who knows but I'd doubt it though. A400M has also been confirmed which I am delighted to hear as I haven't seen one of those before along with SU-35 from Sukhoi in Russia and AN-158 and -70 from Antonov!
    I am disappointed at the lack of Boeing aircraft presented at the show. Only 787 but I was expecting a 777 to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Anyone having issues with Flightradar24 on Chrome? Having a strange issue whereby the map renders but the planes and airports don't show up. then if i try and scroll around the map the thing freezes. To make things stranger when I enter incognito mode, it works fine. It also works fine when i try it on IE and Firefox. I've clear my cache and all that and still no joy. This happening anyone else?

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with Flightradar24 on Chrome? Having a strange issue whereby the map renders but the planes and airports don't show up. then if i try and scroll around the map the thing freezes. To make things stranger when I enter incognito mode, it works fine. It also works fine when i try it on IE and Firefox. I've clear my cache and all that and still no joy. This happening anyone else?

It works perfectly fine on my end. Using Chrome and there's no issues bar slow loading up. I don't have Mozilla to try it out but IE9 works fine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I see FedEx are retiring the 727 at the end of June
    http://www.airportspotting.com/fedex-announces-727-operations/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/dublin-airport-terminal-1-to-get-major-facelift-29307341.html

I wonder what they have in mind.

Also interesting: 56pc of traffic went through T1 last year. ALR operating out of T2 now should even it out, assuming it will carry 600-700,000 passengers from May to December.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Stealthirl wrote: »
    I see FedEx are retiring the 727 at the end of June
    http://www.airportspotting.com/fedex-announces-727-operations/

Yes, The 757 has been working out really well as the replacement so they are fast tracking the 727 retirement which I believe was originally supposed to be at least 12 months away. They made major cost savings in fuel, maintenance and greater crew flexibility operating 2 vs 3 man crews with the 75 so it makes sence to fast track the demise of the 72 and push more 75s on the line sooner then later. End of an era though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

I'm guessing I'm somewhat behind the curve here, but when did airbus acquire CASA?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

2009. Same owners for years before that

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Lustrum

So the missus managed to talk me in to doing a spinning class there on Tuesday evening. Mother of god, I've never done anything like it!! I would consider myself fairly fit, I do a good bit of cycling and play a decent enough level of football, but this should be illegal. It was an introductory lesson - no doubt everyone remembers their first introductory flight and probably thinking "this is amazing", well introductory spinning is the opposite!

Anyone else tried it? Or what do the rest of you do when you're not talking about airplanes?

PS. Anyone know a good physio to help me recover?? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Xpro

Lustrum wrote: »
    So the missus managed to talk me in to doing a spinning class there on Tuesday evening. Mother of god, I've never done anything like it!! I would consider myself fairly fit, I do a good bit of cycling and play a decent enough level of football, but this should be illegal. It was an introductory lesson - no doubt everyone remembers their first introductory flight and probably thinking "this is amazing", well introductory spinning is the opposite!

Anyone else tried it? Or what do the rest of you do when you're not talking about airplanes?

Where did you do that?

The trainer uses the energie fitness on Shelbourne Road, but I think he's just using the facility there for the spinning class. Herself had done a few weeks working out in his own gym just off Ringsend Rd and found him to be very good. I found spinning to be very bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

No pain No Gain!As I tell students this is going to hurt you a lot more than it will me;)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭BrakePad

Lustrum wrote: »

The bad type of spinning then? :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

BMeI6ROCcAE4qK_.png:large

Take that striking French ATCs! :pac:

Surely it would've been much quicker to go via the southern route..? Through Spain, over the Med and up through Italy..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Might as well avoid Spanish ATC while their at it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Surely it would've been much quicker to go via the southern route..? Through Spain, over the Med and up through Italy..?

Would of still hit french atc if he went south

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

holy feck! thats a diversion and a half!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

A350 gets its first flight from Blagnac on Friday morning at 10:00. Confirmed by Airbus on Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Skyknight

A350 gets its first flight from Blagnac on Friday morning at 10:00. Confirmed by Airbus on Twitter.
    Here to:

http://www.airbus.com/newsevents/news-events-single/detail/airbus-confirms-timing-for-a350-xwb-first-flight/

Do navy ships usually show up on AIS?

Just saw LÉ Róisín anchored off Kinsale coast on marinetraffic, I don't think I've seen it before.

I know you're all aviation folk but usually you know some military and maritime stuff too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Military showing up wouldn't be too common for obvious reasons. Judging from the track it might well have been doing some SAR type of activity in which case turning on their AIS wouldn't be an issue. At this moment she's certainly not anchored, looks like SAR.

tricky D wrote: »
    Military showing up wouldn't be too common for obvious reasons. Judging from the track it might well have been doing some SAR type of activity in which case turning on their AIS wouldn't be an issue. At this moment she's certainly not anchored, looks like SAR.

Thanks tricky. Yeah it's moving about now, SAR would be the reasonable explanation. Hope all is well.

Rescue 117 also hovering over Tramore. That was such a tragedy, RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Do navy ships usually show up on AIS?

Just saw LÉ Róisín anchored off Kinsale coast on marinetraffic, I don't think I've seen it before.

I know you're all aviation folk but usually you know some military and maritime stuff too :)

Yes legal requirement but all they say is "military ops", don't believe me look at Portsmouth harbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭flazio

UAL126 just landing after holding over Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

An 124 at Shannon.

The British & Irish Lions' first tour against Australia is on tomorrow at 11. Anybody watching?

Come on we had a rugby conversation going on a few pages back, I know there are rugby fans here :pac:

Lions-Content-Australia-300x195.jpg

Just starting work now so hoping it'll be quiet enough come 11 to sit down and watch it. I don't know too much about the current Aussie team to be honest, but with POC leading from the front and sexton running the show, there's no reason why the lions shouldn't win this.

Looking forward to enjoying BOD and George North strut their stuff too, hopefully it will be a corker of a game!

• Advertisement

Should be a tight game. Hoping for a Lions victory too. BOD and Davies back in center :) looking forward to that. A bit disappointed that Dan Lydiate was picked instead of Sean O'Brien.

Advertisement