Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help a fella out - Make Up Brushes

Options
  • 14-10-2019 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Ok so my wife is looking for new makeup brushes for christmas, she isn't into brands or anything she just wants good ones that won't just fall part. i know zero about this and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I like Blank Canvas brushes. You can buy them individually or in sets. Lots of chemists have them, go in and give them a budget and ask them to recommend some. In particular, I use the F20 for foundation and I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Nice one , I'll check em out

• Site Banned Posts: 68 ✭✭Fornevermore

Oh yeah, for your 'wife', we get ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I'd third the Blank Canvas brushes, if you hold tight and are organised on the day you're bound to get an excellent deal on them on Black Friday. If I remember correctly they were offering 20/30% off sets last year online.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, for your 'wife', we get ya.

Defo not for me but I don't mind a bit of moisturer :-) I'm in touch that way lol

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I'd third the Blank Canvas brushes, if you hold tight and are organised on the day you're bound to get an excellent deal on them on Black Friday. If I remember correctly they were offering 20/30% off sets last year online.

Great looks like it's definitely the way to go so, and I always wait for black Friday just like to have my research done beforehand. Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Blank canvas and Mac brushes - Mac are more expensive but excellent quality and will last for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I love Zoeva brushes and they're good value and a very nice size, I'm not a fan of some of the longer handle brush sets. The rose gold brushes look so pretty :)

For more affordable brushes I'd recommend real techniques, they'll have good Christmas sets out soon.

GingerLily wrote: »
    I love Zoeva brushes and they're good value and a very nice size, I'm not a fan of some of the longer handle brush sets. The rose gold brushes look so pretty :)

For more affordable brushes I'd recommend real techniques, they'll have good Christmas sets out soon.

Affordable I like that word:D I'll keep an eye out thanks.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Absolutely, you are on to a winner there and that’s a great price. I’d be a very happy lady with that set!

Absolutely, you are on to a winner there and that’s a great price. I’d be a very happy lady with that set!

Thanks I think I will go for that one so

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Mac brushes. They aren't cheap but they are brilliant! I still use mine and I have them about ten years. I mind them well and clean them regularly but they've never lost their bristles and are better than a lot of other brands of brushes that I own.

Advertisement