Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Muckit wrote: »
    Super super job! I'd put the wire and insulator on the other side of that bend though

I normally put them on the outside on bends alright. Slipped my mind on that one obviously...will see what the tec screws and insulators are made of now anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Base price wrote: »
    Scaffolding bars?

Just the 2" tubes like you use in a cattle crush. You can work away with a sledge and they fit between the cracks in the rocks. Couldn't drive timber posts there.

What do tyry work out cost wise? Looks a right job for a stretch I was to fence on stoney ditch

tellmeabit wrote: »
    What do tyry work out cost wise? Looks a right job for a stretch I was to fence on stoney ditch

Works out about €6 for the stake and the insulator. Not too bad really and should last a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

tellmeabit wrote: »

Works out about €6 for the stake and the insulator. Not too bad really and should last a long time.

Sounds good to me. Think I'll be trying it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭MfMan

Just the 2" tubes like you use in a cattle crush. You can work away with a sledge and they fit between the cracks in the rocks. Couldn't drive timber posts there.

Mmm.. but if you can drive 2" tube there, why can you not also drive (pencil thin) stakes? Have you buried the tubes deep?

• Advertisement

MfMan wrote: »
    Mmm.. but if you can drive 2" tube there, why can you not also drive (pencil thin) stakes? Have you buried the tubes deep?

Those pencil stakes aren't worth driving. No they aren't that deep. The ground under them is basically a solid sheet of rock with an odd crack here and there a few inches wide. They are wedged into the cracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Hagimalone

I use something similar. But l use the heavy tube insulators, pre drill the holes & tap in the insulator. Works out a little cheaper. Will take a photo next time

Hagimalone wrote: »
    I use something similar. But l use the heavy tube insulators, pre drill the holes & tap in the insulator. Works out a little cheaper. Will take a photo next time

I did that with some of them too. Reason I started doing it that way is because it's hard to pull out the wire and feed it through them all on a long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

MfMan wrote: »

I think his username gives the game away re the pencil stakes...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Got the welder out for a while today. Got a second hand agitator and the bottom of the sleeve that holds in the bottom rubber bearing was rusted away so made a new one.
    492116.jpg

492120.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

You'll have to make a dolly now for her to pull behind tanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

You'll have to make a dolly now for her to pull behind tanker.

Front linkage ;)

Great! I wonder could you put her straight up someway so she not sticking out a mile iukwim?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Great! I wonder could you put her straight up someway so she not sticking out a mile iukwim?

Over the top, like ye’d see with those old wrap around hedge cutters.

How about a donkey engine for the agitator? She could be stirring away while you go get water? Suppose itd be better to be there with it

Over the top, like ye’d see with those old wrap around hedge cutters.

Moffett Bushmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Moffett Bushmaster

I was trying to google it, but it’s quare difficult to google something ya don’t know the name of!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

Could put a set of lights on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭emaherx

I laughed when I seen this...... But then I remembered I'm guilty of this exact crime :D

492309.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

You would want a good cab to keep the dust out. Great job though

Nice idea for weeding.
    https://gfycat.com/easyinborndeer

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Hillman86

Cage for transport box. Hinged at top for tipping out turf or timber. Small gate in the front for livestock. Found it a mighty job for bringin in ewes nd new lambs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Lads have a 30 year old cubicle shed with box profile roof and the skylights are totally gone. Its an unusual profile and cant get a match anywhere. Any ideas from the guntering community on some way to keep out the elements?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    Lads have a 30 year old cubicle shed with box profile roof and the skylights are totally gone. Its an unusual profile and cant get a match anywhere. Any ideas from the guntering community on some way to keep out the elements?

Talk to CPF in Longford. Ask for Peter. If he can’t sort you, no one will. They’re well used to older profiles and deliver anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

Odelay wrote: »
    Talk to CPF in Longford. Ask for Peter. If he can’t sort you, no one will. They’re well used to older profiles and deliver anywhere.

Important info to have to hand for him. Sheet width, valley width, profile width at base, width at top and overall profile height and number of ridges. In less than five minutes he’ll tell you if it can be supplied or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Wildsurfer wrote:

try Jim Kelly in kilrush co Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

When you realise you haven't got a little clamp to hold your glasses while the epoxy glue sets...

wmNNsHE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Nice idea for weeding.
    https://gfycat.com/easyinborndeer

Carbon zero as well!

• Advertisement

Stuck for a practical Christmas present for somebody in your life?
    https://twitter.com/thehumanxp/status/1187247444867866624?s=19

Advertisement