Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Suicide Squad Sequel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Slydice wrote: »
    Last film I saw him in was the wall. I reckon he can do serious with the right director. Gunn might be more a comedic director. Cena can probably do comedic too.

I don't follow wrasslin but a couple of comedy things I've seen him in, he's actually been fair funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Gunn said not to get too attached to the cast....sounds promising!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I don't follow wrasslin but a couple of comedy things I've seen him in, he's actually been fair funny.

He's great in Blockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Cena is a funny dude, has a dry enough humour.

I reckon he'd do well in serious or comedy roles, he's decent enough.

Can't be any worse than the fist one anyway with Cara Delavigne doing a bit of twerking to help her spells along

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Set Photos Reveal First Look at the New Team in Costume

https://www.cbr.com/the-suicide-squad-set-photos-first-look/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gunn is saying it will probably be R-rated.

I'm guessing DC/WB are looking at the money Deadpool and Joker made.

It's actually a clever idea. This thing of 'R rated films doesn't make money' isn't working for the JL stuff but the market is absolutely ripe for dark adult superhero tales.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It's actually a clever idea. This thing of 'R rated films doesn't make money' isn't working for the JL stuff but the market is absolutely ripe for dark adult superhero tales.

Yeh, just saw the R rated comments regarding this, I like Gunn and now find this even more appealing. Its not that a movie has to be R rated to be good (Nolans Batman) but it seems like these sort of movies are generally ruined by studios interfering purely for the low rating.

If you are going to have a film called Suicide Squad where the characters are told they are dispensable of course you are going to have dark humour and to try and PG that kills that humour.

I like Gunn somewhat but find his style similar to Whedon's, which can be irritating for people over the age of 15.

I'm cautiously looking forward to this because it feels like it's going to be off the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Is than Bananaman in one of those on-set pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Harley to play the major role in the film.

Suicide-Squad-2-First-look-at-Margot-Robbie-reveals-the.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭bnt

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Panel just over there....I had actually forgotten all about this film but from the stuff Gunn showed it looks to be quite ambitious. Looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Being described as a 70s war film is all kinds of peculiar, can't wait to see a proper trailer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

70s war movie, with anarchic antiheroes, immediately calls to mind Kelly's Heroes? Which as tonal comparisons go I can be onboard with

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

If I remember I read somewhere the plan is a lot of minor villains will form a team that gets obliterated and then the others like Harley, Boomerang get brought back in. Think absurd ones such as calendar man

I'd say that's what he's referring to when he says don't get too attached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah seeing that Role Call, it's more an Expendable Squad.
    King Shark looks like the Harley Quinn series design. Wonder why he didn't have an actor listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Then there's Peter Capaldi as Thinker ... that's going to be fun to watch. :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

font says it all

There is enough of them there that 3/4's of them should be killed off throughout the film.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well Harley is safe, I'd be confident in saying that. The rest might be up for grabs, bar most of the famous faces. Thinking John Cena and Idris Elba here. Hope Capaldi makes it if only because the man's magnetic to watch, no matter the role (and is once again playing the smartest man in the room)

Willing to put money on Captain Boomerang being toast within 5 minutes :D Could be a fun little deadpool (no, not that one) to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Polka-Dot Man isn't getting out alive.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Polka-Dot Man isn't getting out alive.

I was going to say, but then maybe he'll be the Reverse Kenny? A running joke were he gets hit and oh, no, he's ok. I reckon his survival is more 50-50. Either first to die or survives, no in between

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

bnt wrote: »
    Then there's Peter Capaldi as Thinker ... that's going to be fun to watch. :eek:

What’s his super power, stealing dogs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

pixelburp wrote: »
    I was going to say, but then maybe he'll be the Reverse Kenny? A running joke were he gets hit and oh, no, he's ok. I reckon his survival is more 50-50. Either first to die or survives, no in between

Yeah, possibly. It would be a waste if they got rid of David Dastmalchian early doors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

font says it all

Bit of a Kelly's Heroes vibe off that too?

u_5aeaf372-4700-412e-9905-367dac18109c.jpg

Advertisement