Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Baring All for Charity - The Dickie Dip

Options
  • 12-10-2019 12:09am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So as some of you might know, skinny dipping in the sea for charity fundraising purposes has taken off in little old Ireland. Women have getting their kits off for breast cancer research and funding for a few years now, and the events seem to be a great success.

Now it’s our turn. The Dickie Dip is a fundraising event by the Mater Foundation for funding prostate cancer research and treatment and will involve men jumping into the Arctic cold Irish Sea in November - wearing only a dickie bow and a smile - all for a good cause.

So would any lads here think of getting involved? I’ve signed up - I swim in the nip from time to time so it’s no big deal for me and it’s in a good cause. :)

Link:
    https://www.materfoundation.ie/event/dickiedip/

PS: I am in no way involved in the organisation or promotion of this event or the Mater Foundation.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

So, a little update.

I’ve managed to collect nearly €300 for The Mater Foundation from friends and family and have purchased my red dickie bow.

The choice of dickie bow is pretty important as it’s the only thing I and my fellow 300 or so brave men will be wearing when we storm the Irish Sea near Skerries next Saturday, November 9th. :D

All in a good cause for men’s cancer research and treatment. Anyone else here doing this?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I can't swim so.... :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Just an update - we all stormed the cold Irish Sea on November 9th, wearing just our dickie bows and birthday suits and collectively raised over €50,000 for the Mater Foundation - men’s prostate cancer treatment. Raised over €500 myself. Delighted! :D

Looking forward to next year’s event, where the numbers invoked are sure to be greater. Any guys here possibly interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Fair play to you! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Where's the pic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,631 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

These things in Ireland tend to be Fatties Dipping in all fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kasper P

Hi, did you spin that or stretch it or press down on your pubic bone to gain length before the reveal? I heard in similar situations some men masturbated up to four times the night before, to stretch out and relax the body of tissue.

Inappropriate content looking like it is trying to drag thread into sleaze.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Kasper P banned for being a bloody weirdo, or troll, or both.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Jaysus that changed tone very quickly !!

Well done.... Great charity.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement

And after a hiatus in 2020 for Covid reasons...

..the Dickie Dip 2021 marked a return to the chilly Irish Sea for 600+ brave men who took the plunge for the Mater Foundation today. Well done us!! 🥳🥳🥳💪💪💪

The event is getting bigger and growing more popular. Was really pleased that we managed to raise over €100K for prostate cancer treatment resources. 🔥🔥

Roll on 2022!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

THAT LOOKS FREEZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😣 ☃️

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

It bloody well was indeed!!

But it was well worth it as we managed to raise a total of over €135K for the Mater Foundation. 👍️👍️👍️

Next year we really hope to raise even more!

Just an update: about 600 to 700 lads did the Dickie Dip 2022 - the third one held since the first in 2019 and my third one also. Great craic!

The event goes from strength to strength! 😎👍👍🥶🌊🌊

Raised about €520 this year myself for prostate cancer care via The Mater Foundation with total donations looking set to surpass last year.

Lads - if you are 45 or over, get an annual prostate check and PSA test. It could save your life.

Advertisement