Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mod/Silencer question

Options
  • 30-09-2019 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭

Going through the process of renewing a firearms cert here

form asks does your current firearms cert authorise the use of a silencer

It doesn't say I can't have one, but it also doesn't specifically say I am authorised to use a silencer............

I think I already know the answer to the question, I presume i have to tick no?

just don't want to give up something if I don't need to. I occasionally use it for foxes etc. would be nice if the couldn't hear the bang, get startled

And apologies for the ignorance but I presume a moderator is a silencer, I have a moderator that came with it and tbh a coke can would do as good a job

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Do you have the "S" on the license in the bottom left corner? If you do you tick yes on the FCR, and it's a renewal of the same authorisation.

If you don't have the "S" on your current license you tick no on the FCR, and don't use it [the suppressor] until you get the authorisation with your new license as it's an offence.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭amacca

Yes I actually do have the S on bottom left corner of the license.

Thank you very much, I was just about to tick no as I couldn't see in writing anywhere on the documentation that I could have one even though it doesn't state I can't either. I had no Idea what the S indicated.

Much appreciated.

Advertisement