Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-07-2019, 12:39   #106
Grizzly 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotack View Post
Hammer is not bobbed on AGS SIGs. They are DAO, not not DAK. Plus the issued holster covers the hammer. But I guess he could have had a different holster. But the only way to be sure is to see the LHS of the frame for a decking lever.
They can be both actually... And I DO know when I see a exposed hammer,irrespective of the holster,whether issued or not. BTW AGS also kindly provided Limerick Post with a pic of the type of SIG used which is in the link article a few posts back. Now,I'm prettyyy sure they didnt run off to wherever to go and get the ultra correct gun for the media...BUT this one DOES have a decock,exposed hammer and saftey

And for carrying on work.25 years of private investigation.Five of those being on a personal protection detail in the US and two EU countries carrying various different side arms and long arms that were available or issued by whatever company had on their rack! Does that entitle me to an "opinion" in your books?
Advertisement
29-07-2019, 13:19   #107
Donny345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly 45 View Post
The original story,and from what the Nationals are feeding off.
Best line "A Garda source said that the injured Garda is "very respected" and "is very experianced in using firearms"

https://www.limerickpost.ie/2019/07/...imXzwhfiMdVGJE
Quote:
They can be both actually... And I DO know when I see a exposed hammer,irrespective of the holster,whether issued or not. BTW AGS also kindly provided Limerick Post with a pic of the type of SIG used which is in the link article a few posts back. Now,I'm prettyyy sure they didnt run off to wherever to go and get the ultra correct gun for the media...BUT this one DOES have a decock,exposed hammer and saftey

And for carrying on work.25 years of private investigation.Five of those being on a personal protection detail in the US and two EU countries carrying various different side arms and long arms that were available or issued by whatever company had on their rack! Does that entitle me to an "opinion" in your books?

If that's the post article that you mention, the journalist just Google'd P226 and found an image, as the one in that post is from this Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFP36TQw2qs
Thanks from:
29-07-2019, 15:13   #108
Grizzly 45

Well spotted Sir.
29-07-2019, 19:55   #109
SmartinMartin

Quote:

Talk about making shlt up to suit your argument.
29-07-2019, 20:54   #110
tac foley

Martin, I'm thinking that you might not be so smart.
Advertisement
29-07-2019, 20:55   #111
dc99

I think this thread is straying off the path into a slagging match...not good....
(3) thanks from:
29-07-2019, 21:02   #112
Cass

Send a message via MSN to Cass
MOD NOTE

The thread has well and truly run it's course.

There is nothing to be added to the discussion that is new or going to progress it. Perhaps when more information comes out we can revisit it, but until then i'm closing the thread.
(3) thanks from:
24-09-2019, 22:15   #113
Chiparus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac foley View Post
I think you'll find, in most cases, that the ankle is closely located to the foot, unless, of course, things are different where you live.

Right now, Sir, your record on 'quote-quoting' is batting a solid zero - MY quote -

News Irish News Thursday 25 July 2019

Probe launched after garda accidentally shoots himself in the foot

Soooooo, either put up, or................................
https://www.thejournal.ie/gsoc-inves...23001-Sep2019/
24-09-2019, 22:26   #114
dc99

Isn't it worth a smile when they are issued with a personal fire arm of a Sig P226 SELF-LOADING pistol, not a SEMI-AUTOMATIC pistol.

Is this because self loading doesn't sound as bad as Semi Auto?

Maybe we should collectively start to refer to ours as self loading?

(Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I'm taking this as a bit of a quote from the previous posts referenced news paper article).
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-09-2019, 23:11   #115
meathstevie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc99 View Post
Isn't it worth a smile when they are issued with a personal fire arm of a Sig P226 SELF-LOADING pistol, not a SEMI-AUTOMATIC pistol.

Is this because self loading doesn't sound as bad as Semi Auto?

Maybe we should collectively start to refer to ours as self loading?

(Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I'm taking this as a bit of a quote from the previous posts referenced news paper article).
The British forces beat them to it, semi auto only FAL aka SLR.
25-09-2019, 22:10   #116
Grizzly 45

Well in these days of gender being a constraint and labelling is discriminitory.Mine identifies as a single shot.22 pistol,and my rifle identifies as a double barrel shotgun!
(2) thanks from:
25-09-2019, 22:15   #117
Grizzly 45

"The ASU when it was the RSU (Regional Support Unit) was previously armed with UZI machine guns but these were decommissioned in favour of the MP7 submachine gun.

“The Uzis were taken out and the mp7s brought in because they were deemed to be better and safer.”

Holy Sht snacks!! So using select fire close quarter battlefield weapons in a civillian setting is considerd safe and better??

The ASU in Limerick were instrumental in solving the gang feud. They are an absolute credit to the force and the gangs are terrified of them,” one source said.

Righhhtttt...ok...Whatever you say there.

Last edited by Grizzly 45; 25-09-2019 at 22:23.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion