Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Random :)

• 08-09-2019 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

The Music forum is one of the most boring forums on boards? :confused:

There's pretty much only one active thread on it...still :confused:

So this is a thread for randomness... anything....if you found a new or old song you like, if a lyric from a song moves you...if you read something unusual about a band... anything...or something that hits the spot that you want to share etc :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Not sure what I had in mind for this thread when I posted it :D or if it would be of use in the forum with such low numbers..

Anyway here's a clip I like of Keith Richards taking off his guitar and using it in style to protect himself and the band from a crazed fan that gets on stage...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Tammy! wrote: »
    The Music forum is one of the most boring forums on boards? :confused:

Talking about music that you love to someone with different tastes is a pretty surefire way of boring the socks off them. So on that note :pac:, I'm all about a good lyricist and favourites include Laurie Anderson, Kimya Dawson, William Burroughs, and Stuart Murdoch. Currently loving Kate Tempest and can't wait to see her live in Dublin in November, though she's one of those people you love or hate. The book of traps and lessons is my latest favourite album (for now)

Enjoying a bit of modern soul as well and find Syd Bennet's voice can lift me out of the foulest moods. Cracking live gig in the Olympia earlier this year, though not as sweet as the one below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

smacl wrote: »
    Currently loving Kate Tempest and can't wait to see her live in Dublin in November, though she's one of those people you love or hate.

I've never heard of her before smacl. Had a few listens to that track and she's not bad. Not sure though. Enjoy the concert in November. It's been way too long since I've gone to see someone live :)
    smacl wrote: »
    Talking about music that you love to someone with different tastes is a pretty surefire way of boring the socks off them. So on that note :pac:,

Speaking of which, someone sent me this clip a while ago and all I could think was how bored these two looked whilst promoting Adidas :D I think Ian Browns disinterested mannerisms are funny though :)

Advertisement