Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rammstein Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

At the 2012 gig lots of people were recording. I only recorded the start where they walked across the bridge and the same when they went to the B stage for Bück Dich (loved Richard's keyboard intro), Mann Gegen Mann and Ohne Dich.

I don't get why people film the whole thing. Grand if it's a few minutes but the whole fooken thing?!

Anyway, now that the 2019 tour is finished here's hoping they drop Was Ich Liebe as the opener. It's the weakest song on the new album IMO and doesn't fit as well as say, Zeig Dich. I still think Deutschland should be the opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

i thought the same about Was Ich Liebe, but when I was there it was great. Then again, on the moment anything would be great.

But yes, Not as strong an opener as Ramm4.

My favourite opener of theirs was Rammlied on the LIFAD tour followed by Mein Herz Brennt, Ramm4 and Sonne.

Rammlied is an anthem of epic proportions.

Rammlied is a cracking song.

I used to have a bootleg of them live in Saint Petersburg where they opened with 5/4. Kind of cool for the time. Wouldnt cut it these days ;)

5/4 is from the Mutter tour and kind of an intro for Mein Herz Brennt. I love 5/4, it's very dark and atmospheric especially when the heavy guitars kick in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Did they ever open with ich tu di wehir (spelling probably off)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

D3V!L wrote: »
    Myself and the missus are heading home from Vienna after seeing them on Thursday. We were a little disappointed by the whole thing to be honest.

I'm 6ft4 and could happily make out the stage and what was going on until about half way through when the vast majority of people put their phones up and were consistently recording. They created a near impenetrable barrier of phones so you could see nothing.

Thankfully we have tickets for Belfast , here's hoping it's better.

Theyv'e become too popular now I'm afraid.
    The bandwagoners have all jumped on board .

D.Q wrote: »
    Did they ever open with ich tu di wehir (spelling probably off)

I've never seen a gig where they opened with Ich Tu Dir Weh. It was always down the setlist a bit.

Let 'em off! If it means more interest from an Irish viewpoint that means we get more gigs.

I'm quite content in the knowledge I've been into them for 22 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

They've opened with Ich tuh dir Weh before. They'd start behind a curtain and there'd be fireworks timed with the drum hits before everything kicks in. The curtain then drops and Till descends from the ceiling with sparks flying everywhere. I've only seen it on YouTube but it's pretty epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I remember going to see them on Brixton back in 2005 I think it was. The sight of Till dressed as a bloody butcher/chef blasting a flame thrower at Christian cowering in a giant pot for Mein Teil was unreal.

• Advertisement

Let 'em off! If it means more interest from an Irish viewpoint that means we get more gigs.

I'm quite content in the knowledge I've been into them for 22 years :D

True I suppose.

Dont think we will be getting another gig in Ireland next year ,Aiken had his chance and he foolishly chose Belfast over Dublin.

The RDS would have been ideal.

They've opened with Ich tuh dir Weh before. They'd start behind a curtain and there'd be fireworks timed with the drum hits before everything kicks in. The curtain then drops and Till descends from the ceiling with sparks flying everywhere. I've only seen it on YouTube but it's pretty epic.

I've never seen them actually open with it but I do know that a curtain goes up after a song with an interlude playing while they get every set up and then it drops as you said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I hate this attitude among some rock fans. It was the same leading up to Slane this year with serious elitism among long time Metallica fans.

If Rammstein thought like this, they’d only play in clubs. But they don’t so why should the fans care if new fans get into the band?

I hate this attitude among some rock fans. It was the same leading up to Slane this year with serious elitism among long time Metallica fans.

If Rammstein thought like this, they’d only play in clubs. But they don’t so why should the fans care if new fans get into the band?

Its not elitism.
    The poster I responded to said that he couldn't see anything at the gig in Vienna because his view was obscured by the vast majority of people sticking their phones up in the air to record the concert.
    But they don’t so why should the fans care if new fans get into the band?

Because alot of new fans are bandwagoners and social media cretins who feel the need to clog up social media with their terrible videos recorded on their phones.
    These people are a plague .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

i remember this at download alright but I don't think it was the opening track.

Ramm 4
    Reise, Reise
    Keine Lust
    Hallelujah
    Zerstören
    Feuer frei!
    Seemann
    Ich tu dir weh
    Du riechst so gut
    Mein Herz brennt
    Links 2-3-4
    Ich will
    Du hast
    Stripped
    (Depeche Mode cover)

Encore:
    Sonne
    Ohne dich
    (Acoustic)
    Engel

T-shirts from the 2019 tour are on sale at rammsteinshop.com in case anyone didn't get one at any of the gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It was the opener in 2013 anyway:

https://www.setlist.fm/search?artist=3bd43cd0&query=tour:%28Wir+halten+das+Tempo%29

It was one of the songs I really missed on the current tour but wasn't surprised to not see it on the setlist. There have been rumours for a while Till can't hit the notes in the chorus anymore.

It was the opener in 2013 anyway:

https://www.setlist.fm/search?artist=3bd43cd0&query=tour:%28Wir+halten+das+Tempo%29

It was one of the songs I really missed on the current tour but wasn't surprised to not see it on the setlist. There have been rumours for a while Till can't hit the notes in the chorus anymore.

I wouldn't think that would stop them playing it. He could easily drop it a few octaves and give it a more "live" vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Its not elitism.
    The poster I responded to said that he couldn't see anything at the gig in Vienna because his view was obscured by the vast majority of people sticking their phones up in the air to record the concert.

Because alot of new fans are bandwagoners and social media cretins who feel the need to clog up social media with their terrible videos recorded on their phones.
    These people are a plague .

Went to foo fighters in Belfast and all I could see was phones in between myself and the band.... in particular two women in front of me in their late 40s that didn’t know one single ****ing song between them... they were there at the big gig of the month and wanted to prove it on social media with their shaky stupid phone vids! Really took away from others experience of the event

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Binky Bricktop

Recieved my UPS "Express Delivery" tickets for the Milton Keynes gig today :D The number of sleepless nights I had over these you wouldn't believe!

Anyhoo, amazing gig (no thanks to UPS).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just watched, or tried to, Rammstein Paris on Amazon Prime.

The director needs a swift few kicks in the nuts, turned it off after 5mins, gave me a headache. Woeful editing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just watched, or tried to, Rammstein Paris on Amazon Prime.

The director needs a swift few kicks in the nuts, turned it off after 5mins, gave me a headache. Woeful editing

Is it on prime?
    I remember it in the cinema, it was awful. Very disorientating.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Is it on prime?
    I remember it in the cinema, it was awful. Very disorientating.

Terrible. As soon as your brain adjusts to the new shot, it switches. I can appreciate the editing, but the style just didn't do the performance justice.

Cutting it with scenes from rehearsals kind of ruined it I thought.

Terrible. As soon as your brain adjusts to the new shot, it switches. I can appreciate the editing, but the style just didn't do the performance justice.

And I saw it in the lighthouse, so alcohol had been consumed 🀮

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I just can't see how the band/management would have signed off on it, they obviously did but i can't fathom why

scudzilla wrote: »
    I just can't see how the band/management would have signed off on it, they obviously did but i can't fathom why

Maybe they knew they were pushing it with their third live dvd, and thought they were making it fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Anybody heading to any of the Lindemann shows?

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Anybody heading to any of the Lindemann shows?

Would love to but it's too much of a trek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

Howdy all - anyone heading to the belfast gig? I just booked a ticket for myself and will do a round trip.

Just wondering if anyone knows of some good safe parking around the venue?

Advertisement