Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ecce fees

Options
  • 11-09-2019 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi does.anyone know how the ecce hourly rate is calculated, is it based on the crèches fee per hour? Or a government rate?

Just wondering as I have received my fees for current year and wondering how they calculated the ecce deduction for 15 hours a week.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sarahdylan

Hi does.anyone know how the ecce hourly rate is calculated, is it based on the crèches fee per hour? Or a government rate?

Just wondering as I have received my fees for current year and wondering how they calculated the ecce deduction for 15 hours a week.

Thanks

The ecce scheme is set by the government the same amount for every child in every preschool.

You should not be paying a cent if your child is only doing 15 hours a week provided they are only doing a 3 hour day.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

If in full time childcare they only get the full deduction for the 15 hours if in for 5 days. I only get allowance of 12 hours as my child is only in crèche 4 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Also it may be worth checking how your crèche allocate the funding over the year. ECCE funding is for 38 weeks of the year so some crèches charge different rates different months depending on whether they’re receiving the funding or not. So summer months for example would be more expensive as there’s no ECCE funding. Other crèches divide the 38 weeks funding over the 52 weeks of the year so you’re paying the same amount all year.

Advertisement