Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where can I get the biggest possible potty?

Options
  • 03-09-2018 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Trying for 2nd attempt to train my son. He had no readiness the first time plus the potty really was too small. He's a big boy. I got one of those seats you position on top of the toilet and there is no way he'll sit on it. I'm planning to try this weekend as it's a free wend and decided to try to get him to just "practice" sitting on it for the next few days before we get stuck in.

He seemed more amenable to the potty before but it is just too small. Can you get ones that are suited for the older child? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Not ASD so not sure what's difference as my kids are hard enough but I got one of these about a year ago to stop them falling into the toilet for a number 2 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LWY0JHC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    For number 1's the just run to the toilet same as myself, they eventually just started copying me. Not out of the woods by a long shot but getting there slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Check babybjorn potty chair on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Check babybjorn potty chair on amazon.

Big enough for 3.5 foot tall boy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

73trix wrote: »
    Big enough for 3.5 foot tall boy?

I don't know to be honest. It could always be put on a raised area I guess to give extra room for legs.
    You can ask questions on the amazon site under the product description. There may be people who would answer that were in the same position as you.

Ours sits on it with a smartphone and can wait to do their business so that might be an option that would appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Would a commode be an option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

What about a camping toilet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

We got the Thomas the tank one and it's plenty big. He trained by day v quickly. Delighted.

Advertisement