Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Disney+ thread - See Mod Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Mr.S wrote: »
    Is there an Android TV app?

Disney + UK/Ireland App will be available to download from UK/Ireland Google Play Store on March 24th
    It will also be available to download on UK/Ireland Apple App Store on March 24th

Sky Q boxes will have the app active and available on March 24th

I expect there will lot of downloads done of the App on March 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

paulboland wrote: »
    Disney + UK/Ireland App will be available to download from UK/Ireland Google Play Store on March 24th
    It will also be available to download on UK/Ireland Apple App Store on March 24th

Sky Q boxes will have the app active and available on March 24th

I expect there will lot of downloads done of the App on March 24th

Wouldn’t necessarily mean there’s an Android TV app. The TV Play Store is very sparse.

Ludo wrote: »
    Can't believe the mods don't block it to be honest. Streaming links, vpn and geo-blocking workarounds etc all banned on boards. This is just as "illegal". Well, not illegal but against terms and conditions etc which boards doesnt like facilitating.

Some mods must partake in it themselves so they turn a blind eye to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mbarosin

Wouldn’t necessarily mean there’s an Android TV app. The TV Play Store is very sparse.

The current Disney life app is on Android TV, so Disney + will sure have an Android TV app too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

If you join now do they debit you now and the clock starts ticking (assume not) or will the debit occur 24/3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

What hardware are people planning to run Disney on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

beauf wrote: »

I have the US version and I run it on my 4K Apple TV Box works great with my 65" Oled. I am going to switch ti the European service when it launches. Hoping there will be an native Disney+ app for my LG TV soon after launch.

List of supported devices

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=92e7685d1bcfc8d4b8651f861a4bcb01

Sky Q is also supported this not mentioned as the list of devices was created before the deal between Sky and Disney was confirmed

I have the US version and I run it on my 4K Apple TV Box works great with my 65" Oled. I am going to switch ti the European service when it launches. Hoping there will be an native Disney+ app for my LG TV soon after launch.

LG TV will have the UK/Ireland App from March 24th
    Disney+ supports LG TVs from 2016 or later with WebOS 3.0 and up.

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=3bdd6c9d1b430cd4b8651f861a4bcb01

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

4K Amazon Firestick,works perfect with every other streaming app i use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

using disney+ app on nvidia shield (via dns change). works fine. no issues so far.
    subscription ends on 23/3/2021

using disney+ app on nvidia shield (via dns change). works fine. no issues so far.
    subscription ends on 23/3/2021

What’s the dns change thing about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

chrisire wrote: »
    4K Amazon Firestick,works perfect with every other streaming app i use.

The ****ing blue tooth remote has me driven to dispair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Seangilligan6

I'll take a family spot if anyone has a spare thanks. PayPal or R thanks

I have 2 slots available if you are interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

893bet wrote: »
    The ****ing blue tooth remote has me driven to dispair.

Just use the fire tv app on your phone instead of the remote

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 13 OutOnHighway61

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

List of supported devices

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=92e7685d1bcfc8d4b8651f861a4bcb01

Sky Q is also supported this not mentioned as the list of devices was created before the deal between Sky and Disney was confirmed

From reading that I'm unlikely to be able to get the service without an additional purchase.

TV is 2013 Samsung
    Mobile phones/ipads are a few years old (well one phone was a birthday gift last year ...but it's cheap as chips Motorola) - all working fine so upgrade isn't necessary (unless the need for Disney+ somehow outweighs the need to carry on life as normal)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

From reading that I'm unlikely to be able to get the service without an additional purchase.

TV is 2013 Samsung
    Mobile phones/ipads are a few years old (well one phone was a birthday gift last year ...but it's cheap as chips Motorola) - all working fine so upgrade isn't necessary (unless the need for Disney+ somehow outweighs the need to carry on life as normal)

Fire stick, cheap and works perfect for all these apps, you tv just need a hdmi port

I have a brand new smart LG and still have a fire stick installed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

I need a family! Is there a separate thread yet? Anyone open can you send me a pm, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Just to the users in my family the account is setup but there is literally nothing to do when you login . I would like to have the profiles setup somewhat before sending info as my personal info is there. If you can drop me a pm with your mobile number and I get a WhatsApp group setup .

Just to the users in my family the account is setup but there is literally nothing to do when you login . I would like to have the profiles setup somewhat before sending info as my personal info is there. If you can drop me a pm with your mobile number and I get a WhatsApp group setup .
    You wont be able to login and access account until March 24th

Reminder the max number of devices you can stream same time is 4 devices so make sure your family plan is no more than 4 persons

Yes you can create max 7 different profiles on a account but only 4 devices can stream same time meaning 4 persons max same time can stream and each person never use on more than 1 device

Disney also are looking at stopping sharing of username and password if you not aware about this
    Disney have the technology to monitor this
    They are monitoring its use and may ban accounts at any stage if they see it been abused
    At the moment they not applied any bans but that may change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

phobia2011 wrote: »
    I need a family! Is there a separate thread yet? Anyone open can you send me a pm, thanks

You still looking a space?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

You wont be able to login and access account until March 24th

Reminder the max number of devices you can stream same time is 4 devices so make sure your family plan is no more than 4 persons

Yes you can create max 7 different profiles on a account but only 4 devices can stream same time meaning 4 persons max same time can stream and each person never use on more than 1 device

Disney also are looking at stopping sharing of username and password if you not aware about this
    Disney have the technology to monitor this
    They are monitoring its use and may ban accounts at any stage if they see it been abused

Yep I am aware of how many accounts . Thanks for the other info I was aware of it but good that everyone knows . I suppose we all know and we just have to roll the dice with and see what happens .

They aren't going to ban anyone, if they do implement stricter account sharing measures (doubtful in the first couple of years) they will probably give fair warning - like what Spotify does.

I haven't seen anything about them actively stopping account sharing. This article from late 2019 (https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/12/20960332/disney-plus-password-sharing-streaming-accounts) makes no mention of them actively looking to stop people, just that they obviously know it will happen and could jump in.
    I mentioned
    Yes Disney are fully aware sharing is done and for now will tolerate its use for now but if they feel it will affect their business they have the technology in place right now to spot sharing outside of normal family sharing situations.

It's in the Disney terms and conditions that you will agree not share your account information with others
    Under passwords and Security

Same with Netflix, HBO Max etc - I wouldn't worry about it, they won't enforce when they are trying to get users onto the platform.

And there we are. Moderators happy with this, but mention a torrent and the blue lights start flashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'm looking for a family!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I am not a moderator on this forum. Same as you my friend :)

Yep and I'm pretty sure most mods on boards know how stupid some of the rules are, not much you or any of the others can do about it.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I'm looking to join a family if anybody has a slot. I have revolut and Paypal. Tx in advance.

Advertisement