Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Churchlands Delgany Development

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mgld

Rockford1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Help to Buy increase (20k-30k) is available to purchasers who have signed contracts and submit the claim on revenue site?

Did you find out anything more about this? I tried to proceed with our HTB claim, but it's asking for the signed dates of the contract....so seems like we might not benefit from this.

There is a big thread on the accommodation and property part of boards.ie on this. Hope we can be lucky here!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rockford1

Hi there. Unfortunately if contacts have been signed as early as they needed to be for Phase 1 of Churchlands, I believe the extra 10k is a non runner. Best of luck with the snag in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Rockford1 wrote: »
    Hi there. Unfortunately if contacts have been signed as early as they needed to be for Phase 1 of Churchlands, I believe the extra 10k is a non runner. Best of luck with the snag in December.

Dont worry guys, you're still getting a good deal. Phase 2 looks like it's gonna be well in excess of 10k more expensive. Unfortunately for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 runtastic

Thanks for sharing this information. You're absolutely right in terminology. I am looking for 3 bedroom in sept launch. If you dont mind, can you please tell me what was the price range for 3 bedroom earlier? thank you

Anyone else looking to buy in second phase? Supposed to be going up for sale in September but details are still scant from both the estate agent and builders.

hi, I am considering Churchlands against Eastmount. They are saying its Sept but no appointment time and date till now. thanks

• Advertisement

mgld wrote: »
    Did you find out anything more about this? I tried to proceed with our HTB claim, but it's asking for the signed dates of the contract....so seems like we might not benefit from this.

There is a big thread on the accommodation and property part of boards.ie on this. Hope we can be lucky here!

Hi, I had cancelled my approved HTB for 20K. Trying to apply again as a group but its giving errors. Did anyone else face this issue? thanks

runtastic wrote: »
    hi, I am considering Churchlands against Eastmount. They are saying its Sept but no appointment time and date till now. thanks

Did you manage to put down a booking deposit for Eastmount at the open day last weekend? I think the 3 bed semis were all 500,000 😳, and so they're at the peak price for the help to buy scheme. I think I overheard that there weren't many left available....

If you have registered your interest with Sherry Fitzgerald, then phone to make your appointment as SOON as you get the email from them announcing the launch. You will be given a number and this will be the order in which they show the houses & take bookings.

It's all a bit of a ridiculous hullabaloo!

Hi, I had cancelled my approved HTB for 20K. Trying to apply again as a group but its giving errors. Did anyone else face this issue? thanks

I've read that lots of people are having this issue (see "[Buying] 2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread") . The amount we were entitled to was automatically updated (I didn't cancel our application). However at the next stage it asks us for signed contracts and letter of offer for the mortgage - so I think our dates here will result in us getting the original 20,000 instead.

The new 30,000 limit is just an incentive to get people to buy in the second half of 2020. We're already committed to buying, so we're not the target here!

Did you manage to put down a booking deposit for Eastmount at the open day last weekend? I think the 3 bed semis were all 500,000 ��, and so they're at the peak price for the help to buy scheme. I think I overheard that there weren't many left available....

If you have registered your interest with Sherry Fitzgerald, then phone to make your appointment as SOON as you get the email from them announcing the launch. You will be given a number and this will be the order in which they show the houses & take bookings.

It's all a bit of a ridiculous hullabaloo!

I have a house unit blocked but i havent transferred the booking amount yet. I called up Sherry Fitz (last month) for churchlands and they have registered me in the system.

I've read that lots of people are having this issue (see "[Buying] 2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread") . The amount we were entitled to was automatically updated (I didn't cancel our application). However at the next stage it asks us for signed contracts and letter of offer for the mortgage - so I think our dates here will result in us getting the original 20,000 instead.

The new 30,000 limit is just an incentive to get people to buy in the second half of 2020. We're already committed to buying, so we're not the target here!

I havent booked or signed any deal till now. wondering if i apply for HTB, will it give me 20k or 30k ( given i fulfill tax requirements) ?

• Advertisement

I havent booked or signed any deal till now. wondering if i apply for HTB, will it give me 20k or 30k ( given i fulfill tax requirements) ?

You can roughly estimate it by summing your PAYE tax from 2019,2018,2017,2016 (the last 4 full tax years). You will need to have settled any accidental under-payments for those years otherwise the application gets stuck in the revenue system for a bit(!). If you have completed your P21s on the revenue website, then these should tell you how much you will get back.

At least if you pay a booking deposit now, then you have a few weeks to get your help to buy sorted (it's fully refundable). Fingers crossed that then there might be news about the second phase at Churchlands?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rodrigo_santos

Correct me if I am wrong but in Revenue says the increase would be available at "Claim Stage".

Important note: On the 23/07/2020, the government increased the maximum limit of Help to Buy relief to €30,000 subject to certain conditions being satisfied. In order to avail of these increased limits applicants must have signed a contract for the purchase of a new house or made the first draw down of the mortgage in the case of a self-build during the period 23 July 2020 to 31 December 2020. This will be confirmed at Claim stage. If the enhanced measures does not apply the maximum relief available is €20,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rodrigo_santos

I have a house unit blocked but i havent transferred the booking amount yet. I called up Sherry Fitz (last month) for churchlands and they have registered me in the system.

Afaik to guarantee a place you have to pay the booking fee(10k) at least that's what Sherry told me.

I also had to proceed with the loan offer as the builders were putting pressure on me but the house won't be ready in six months then I'd need to reapply it again next year, is there anyone with same situation here?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭dannyc31

hi, I am wondering if Churchlands already sold phase 1? I thought the release in Sept is the first release?
    I had been to Eastmount and non-convertible attic is a big no for me. I will wait for sept release of churchland. thanks

the first phase sold out off plans end of 2019. myself and my partner are also waiting for phase 2 launch.

the last time we spoke to the estate agent he was saying mid 400's for the 3 beds but its been a couple of months since we spoke so i hope they are not hiking the prices.

dannyc31 wrote: »
    the first phase sold out off plans end of 2019. myself and my partner are also waiting for phase 2 launch.

the last time we spoke to the estate agent he was saying mid 400's for the 3 beds but its been a couple of months since we spoke so i hope they are not hiking the prices.

ok. I am also in touch with Estate agents and looks like new 30K HTB will reflect in their prices. Given the Eastmount project has 3 bedrooms without attic, buyers are inclined towards Churchlands for price and area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭Cerco

ok. I am also in touch with Estate agents and looks like new 30K HTB will reflect in their prices.

Can you clarify what you mean by this statement?

Cerco wrote: »
    Can you clarify what you mean by this statement?

I mean that builders are aware of this incentive for first time buyers and will bump up the price to include extra 10K.

I mean that builders are aware of this incentive for first time buyers and will bump up the price to include extra 10K.

is that what the estate agents actually told you? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭Cerco

I never thought the estate agents would be so blatant about this. I think everyone expected them to try and raise prices but to hear that is the justification is preposterous. :eek:
    So the Government give assistance to first time buyers to buy and the estate agents want to gobble up part of that funding....

• Advertisement

is that what the estate agents actually told you? :eek:

Estate agent will never talk about it. but this is the trend
    https://www.newstalk.com/news/help-buy-house-prices-1051647

As much as it annoys me I fully expect the buliders to price in the extra 10k HTB + more. Last I talked to the agent I was told mid to high 400s for a 3bed.

My guess is that it will be somewhere in the 470s, which is quite an increase on the 435k first phase, but that's the crazy market were living with at the moment

As much as it annoys me I fully expect the buliders to price in the extra 10k HTB + more. Last I talked to the agent I was told mid to high 400s for a 3bed.

My guess is that it will be somewhere in the 470s, which is quite an increase on the 435k first phase, but that's the crazy market were living with at the moment

those 3 beds can easily become 4 bed with the convertible attic which is why i think these will be decent value even at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭jpd

What else did anyone expect from the HTB scheme (other than Gov't ministers, of course, a clueless lots of muppets by and large)?

those 3 beds can easily become 4 bed with the convertible attic which is why i think these will be decent value even at that price.

It is the only reason I'm still interested at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Janethickey

Just got wind today that churchlands has a planning application submitted for apartments and duplexes. Does anyone know where you can find the planned layout of the proposed development? Quite disappointing - I'm concerned that churchlands might turn out similar to the monstrosity at the marina. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mccartas

Just got wind today that churchlands has a planning application submitted for apartments and duplexes. Does anyone know where you can find the planned layout of the proposed development? Quite disappointing - I'm concerned that churchlands might turn out similar to the monstrosity at the marina. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

You can find all planning applications on the county Council websites
    http://www.eplanning.ie/WicklowCC/AppFileRefDetails/20488/0

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭MangleBadger

Has anybody registered for updates heard anything back from the estate agent recently? They said they would be in touch before the start of September.
    Granted it is just the start of September but I am a very impatient person.

hi, I learned that they are planning to launch by end of Sept. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Janethickey

hi, I learned that they are planning to launch by end of Sept. thanks

Yes, I rang today too! Although they couldnt confirm an exact date it looks like the last week of Sept before prices are confirmed. Prices starting at 450k supposidly.

Advertisement