Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kitchens in Meath/Westmeath/Cavan

Options
  • 25-07-2017 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations for a company that designs and makes kitchens in Meath/Cavan/Westmeath.

It's a 70's bungalow with very little kitchen space so we need someone with lots of ideas on making the space work for us.

I have looked at a couple of websites but want to make sure that we get someone who has good workmanship etc and is reasonably priced. My parents had a terrible experience with a kitchen designer years ago so I'm wary!

Thanks in advance for any advice/recommendations!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

seanagh92 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations for a company that designs and makes kitchens in Meath/Cavan/Westmeath.

It's a 70's bungalow with very little kitchen space so we need someone with lots of ideas on making the space work for us.

I have looked at a couple of websites but want to make sure that we get someone who has good workmanship etc and is reasonably priced. My parents had a terrible experience with a kitchen designer years ago so I'm wary!

Thanks in advance for any advice/recommendations!

This is advice I give to anyone looking at a kitchen....have a look at ikea, and in particular the ikea design tool. You don't have to even consider ikea, but use the design tool, think about a layout that suits your needs, design it, print it, tape it out. I found a lot of kitchen designers were less than helpful, and none allowed you take the design home until you gave a deposit. The ikea tool allows you to save, print, mess and then bring to various kitchen designers as a template or discussion point.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

+1

Magnet in the UK offer the same design tool on their website with the added advantage of using standard sized cabinets.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 farela

In the middle of a build at the moment and having researched this thoroughly I can recommend Cartons Brothers Woodcraft in Kilbeggan Co Westmeath.

Advertisement