Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking to see if anyone bought off of luxury beds nationwide company

Options
  • 11-07-2017 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So I was looking around for a new bed and being a broke student can't afford much.... came across luxury beds nationwide on Facebook where they are selling brand new King sized beds complete with mattress for €350! Has anyone bought from them?? It's cash in delivery so I wouldn't be handing money over until I see the product, also free delivery but I'm kind of dubious of it!! Anyone ever here of them or bought from them?? They claim to be from around the charliville area of cork

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,977 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I have seen a few of these on Donedeal, Facebook etc, and although tempted I never bite the bullet and bought one.

Reason?

I just think they sound to good to be true, and usually this rule holds. I have read a lot of mattress reviews over recent months, and often I hear cheap mattresses are ok to begin with but soon lose their shape and support after maybe 6 months - 1yr of use.

If this is true then its false economy, you'd be better buyng a branded one that often appear in the likes of Argos, Harvey Norman etc on special half price deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 quickfeet

I have ordered one ..should be here in a week..ill let you know if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shel64

following this thread, soon as my house sale goes trough I will have to buy a triple bunk bed with mattresses, a king size mattress, a double bed with mattress and a single bed with mattress and headboard, I saw these ads and am tempted,,,,,

Livmac wrote: »
    So I was looking around for a new bed and being a broke student can't afford much.... came across luxury beds nationwide on Facebook where they are selling brand new King sized beds complete with mattress for €350! Has anyone bought from them?? It's cash in delivery so I wouldn't be handing money over until I see the product, also free delivery but I'm kind of dubious of it!! Anyone ever here of them or bought from them?? They claim to be from around the charliville area of cork[/quote

Hey...back with an update for you! Got my superking bed yesterday from a page on Facebook. It was 500 for base mattress and crushed velvet headboard. The mattress is really really comfy it has a layer of memory foam on top that's lovely. Seems like very good quality very heavy and nice soft material. The bases seem fairly light and the fabric covering them a bit thin ...just a bit flimsy and cheap to be honest. There was little wheels to attach to the base but not all of them fit properly in their holes so we just didn't use them. Headboard looks really nice but very light. Overall they are probably good value for money if you need a new bed and are strapped for cash. But they are exactly what you pay for. Look good and comfy but I can't see it lasting for years .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

What kind of mattress is it? Foam? Sprung? Not pocket sprung, presumably?

• Advertisement

What kind of mattress is it? Foam? Sprung? Not pocket sprung, presumably?

Regular sprung bed with a layer of memory foam on top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Way overpriced muck.

Either cheap Chinese rubbish or "repackaged" mattresses. Google both to see which you have.

For something cheap and cheerful go to either ikea or mattress micks.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Way overpriced muck.

Either cheap Chinese rubbish or "repackaged" mattresses. Google both to see which you have.

For something cheap and cheerful go to either ikea or mattress micks.

Chinese I would imagine. Ikea is still a lot more expensive. It will do for our rented house better than what a landlord would provide or using a second hand bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Have a look at this

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152680471742060&id=50571612059

At the end of the day, if it's too good to be true, its sh1te

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Have a look at this

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152680471742060&id=50571612059

Not necessarily ****e but maybe not the best quality. Bought 3+2 suite of furniture for 600e 2 years ago on favebook ..replica of an ezliving one that was over double the price...and it's still perfect condition...maybe they're not all that bad...time will tell I guess!

• Advertisement
Advertisement