Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Churchlands Delgany Development

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,331 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

He seemed almost annoyed to be taking calls about it. I wonder if the developers are being sketchy with details and he's getting tetchy being asked about them.

Basically the sitemap may or may not resemble the finished estate, most of the different house designs may or may not be built, and the second phase will only go ahead when enough people have bought off plans. Is this normal?

Site map is always just illustrative. They can change the house types on various plots if they have low demand for one type and higher demand for another.

Pretty sure the first phase of Churchlands is sold out.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

He seemed almost annoyed to be taking calls about it. I wonder if the developers are being sketchy with details and he's getting tetchy being asked about them.

The more they delay, the more prices increase. Estate agents don’t want to commit to anything that they may later regret.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 meallat

Visited the site this evening - hoping to buy in the second phase!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rockford1

I believe the foundations went down last week. Can you confirm? Many thanks

Yep some at the very top! Houses 55-59 it looked like ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Not strictly related to Churchlands but surely this has to be one of the most over priced houses in Greystones. Is there something I'm missing?

Maybe I will be inquiring about the second phase of Churchlands at this rate!

https://www.daft.ie/wicklow/bungalows-for-sale/greystones/10-burnaby-manor-greystones-wicklow-2386961/

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

Ambitious alright... Churchlands were listed as “from €435,000” up until a few weeks back so I’m sure they will throw a few extra thousand onto the next phase for good measure.

EA told me that the new houses at the back of The Pigeon House will be €465,000 for a 3 bed terraced! Prices are gone mad.

Not strictly related to Churchlands but surely this has to be one of the most over priced houses in Greystones. Is there something I'm missing?

Maybe I will be inquiring about the second phase of Churchlands at this rate!

https://www.daft.ie/wicklow/bungalows-for-sale/greystones/10-burnaby-manor-greystones-wicklow-2386961/

Yea that's a crazy price for what's really a glorified tiny apartment. It's purely down to the location.

Hard to see it selling for that price when you can get a brand new house 2 minutes up the road that's 4 or 5 times bigger for less money.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jpd

awec wrote: »
    Hard to see it selling for that price when you can get a brand new house 2 minutes up the road that's 4 or 5 times bigger for less money.

The nearest new houses are more than 2 minutes away - by car, at least by the time you drive down to Church Road, negotiate the pedestrian crossings, light etc

This house is 5 minutes or so walk to the DART

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Cerco

jpd wrote: »
    The nearest new houses are more than 2 minutes away - by car, at least by the time you drive down to Church Road, negotiate the pedestrian crossings, light etc

This house is 5 minutes or so walk to the DART

Especially important for the target market I.e. trade downs, older people etc Probably also suitable for Extension.
    A clear example of Price determined by location, location, location.

• Advertisement

Location is good, don't get me wrong, but I still think that is a very steep price for 75m2 2 bed bungalow in need of modernising.

With a 60 k deposit you'd need a 150k plus salary to afford that place if a FTB. I think anyone earning that salary (even if it was dual 75+75k) would be highly dissapointed if that's all their hard earned money got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Cerco

Location is good, don't get me wrong, but I still think that is a very steep price for 75m2 2 bed bungalow in need of modernising.

With a 60 k deposit you'd need a 150k plus salary to afford that place if a FTB. I think anyone earning that salary (even if it was dual 75+75k) would be highly dissapointed if that's all their hard earned money got them.

I think you are missing the point about the target market.
    The purchasers will most likely not be concerned about the financing if they are trading down. Hardly suitable for first time buyers unless they are well heeled and not ideal for starting a family.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I know of 2 people whose parents have moved into that estate, so it is popular with downsizers who are unlikely to need a mortgage to buy. Price is still nuts though IMO.

Cerco wrote: »
    I think you are missing the point about the target market.
    The purchasers will most likely not be concerned about the financing if they are trading down. Hardly suitable for first time buyers unless they are well heeled and not ideal for starting a family.

Well I guess fair enough if the estate agents have identified another demographic that they can squeeze more than the rest of us!

No matter if you're taking out finance or a cash buyer I still think that is an insane asking price for that property but I guess time will tell

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Well I guess fair enough if the estate agents have identified another demographic that they can squeeze more than the rest of us!

There is no shortage of that demographic. There are a lot of very wealthy people in Greystones and more moving in there. If you think those prices are insane look at Marina Village prices.
    No matter if you're taking out finance or a cash buyer I still think that is an insane asking price for that property but I guess time will tell

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sineadmur

Moved to Greystones last year and working locally. Hoping to buy a 3 bed new build by the end of this year. Any advice ?

I think the first phase of Churchlands is sold out? Would be interested in this development, but concerned about ‘problem’ estate mentioned earlier in this thread? I’m currently living in the Blacklion area, and tbh in comparison to where I’m from in south Wicklow, I have seen little to no anti-social behaviour. From people who have bought off plans, is there a maintenance fee ? And roughly how much extra was it for a south facing garden ?

Right now I feel Waverley and the new SeaGreen houses launched are just out of my price zone 😢 No sign of house prices going down either ..
    Especially with Eastmount starting at 485000..

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rockford1

I would touch base with the agent regarding phase 2 as phase 1 is sold out. I would expect a typical price increase for phase 2. The agent should be in a position to give an indication. There is no maintenance fee in Churchlands. South facing I believe was circa 7k-10k additional in phase 1.
    Apologies to you on behalf of the idiot that brought up “problem estates”. The person evidently is unfamiliar with the area. There is no area in the country completely segregated from less well off communities. Take one of the most exclusive addresses in Dublin- The Vico Rd in Killiney. This is less then 500 metres away from Ballybrack village which is known for antisocial behaviour.

Just visited the site this evening up at the Phase 2 area near the water. They’re working on a row of 3 bed semi detached houses with sea views and they seem to be flying up! Great progress in the last 7 days since I last visited. Anyone have any idea when we can expect show houses / official launch? Also what’s the craic with Phase one not being completed before they start building Phase two?

• Advertisement

meallat wrote: »
    Just visited the site this evening up at the Phase 2 area near the water. They’re working on a row of 3 bed semi detached houses with sea views and they seem to be flying up! Great progress in the last 7 days since I last visited. Anyone have any idea when we can expect show houses / official launch? Also what’s the craic with Phase one not being completed before they start building Phase two?

Developers want to get the houses built quickly so they can get them sold.

The phases are really just groups that they release houses for sale in. In reality they'll be physically building many phases at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

Rockford1 wrote: »
    I would touch base with the agent regarding phase 2 as phase 1 is sold out. I would expect a typical price increase for phase 2. The agent should be in a position to give an indication. There is no maintenance fee in Churchlands. South facing I believe was circa 7k-10k additional in phase 1.
    Apologies to you on behalf of the idiot that brought up “problem estates”. The person evidently is unfamiliar with the area. There is no area in the country completely segregated from less well off communities. Take one of the most exclusive addresses in Dublin- The Vico Rd in Killiney. This is less then 500 metres away from Ballybrack village which is known for antisocial behaviour.

well said

Rockford1 wrote: »

Do you know what the pricing is for the 4 bed semi-ds in phase 2? Even approx? Found it hard to get an answer out of the agent..

meallat wrote: »
    Found it hard to get an answer out of the agent..

That is because the agent is trying to inflate the price even more but doesn't know how far he can push it. It very difficult to get the balance between outrageous yet achievable and simply unaffordable just right.

Take the price for the previous phase, add 50k and you won't be too far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭randypriest

It looks like the global and domestic economies will crash and crash very badly because of COVID19.

What do we think this will mean for the Greystones / Delgany property market? In particular, Churchlands and Eastmount?

In my own view, the Churchlands / Eastmount prices were way overvalued to start and those who bought in the first phase will have overpaid a significant amount when subsequent phases are launched.

Most people are expecting a significant drop in property prices across the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Don’t touch any estate or house that has a so called management fee.

Or known social problems in the area.It inly takes ine familly to ruin a street and make your life a nightmare. There are whole threads on it and how the gaurds are powerless.You dont want go be caught in negativd equity in a trap like that.

As for half a mlilion upwards for a semi d in a traffic block in Delgany - are you absolutely insane?

Don’t touch any estate or house that has a so called management fee.

There are very few places with no management fees, especially around Greystones.

As for half a mlilion upwards for a semi d in a traffic block in Delgany - are you absolutely insane?

Each to their own, but I wonder if all of it will go ahead now that margins will be reduced and many that planned to buy will be forced to reconsider??

• Advertisement

It looks like the global and domestic economies will crash and crash very badly because of COVID19.

What do we think this will mean for the Greystones / Delgany property market? In particular, Churchlands and Eastmount?

In my own view, the Churchlands / Eastmount prices were way overvalued to start and those who bought in the first phase will have overpaid a significant amount when subsequent phases are launched.

If subsequent phases are launched.

Advertisement