Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Favourite Heroes Sweet

• 06-11-2019 10:15am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Let the season of debating with your loved ones commence!

Spawn from the most scientific of scientific experiments, we attempt to discover what is boards.ie favourite sweet from a tub of Cadbury's Heroes.

The choices are;

Fudge
    Dairy Milk Caramel
    Dairy Milk
    Wispa
    Twirl
    Creme Egg Twisted
    Eclair
    Double Decker (Known as "Dinky Decker")
    Crunchie (Known as Crunchie Bits)

Get voting and explain your reasons to why they're your favourite.

Favourite Heroes Sweet 60 votes

Fudge
    0%
    Dairy Milk Caramel
    18%
    ZaphJPADvBToto WolfcastleRentDayBluesJude13conor_iehomenotawaygavinoonthewebaj89Irishphotodesk 11 votes
    Dairy Milk
    16%
    [Deleted User]ytpe2r5bxkn0c1von SmallhausenLoughcmaconofpigtail33[Deleted User]SarahLil[Deleted User]Mollyb60 10 votes
    Wispa
    3%
    limerickpatSnakeweasel 2 votes
    Twirl
    16%
    nervous_twitchdfx-byhookorbycrookDeniG2Planemojoebloggs123Northern MonkeyNedLowryPhilOssophyNigzcurran 10 votes
    Creme Egg Twisted
    6%
    sascoMam of 4ax530Johnny Sausage 4 votes
    Eclair
    10%
    Lord Spencefunnynamepl4ichjgy17zwdhurlingman97Loafing Oafantimatterx 6 votes
    Dinky Decker
    21%
    cee_jayrazorbluntKdylassUriel.raxyjellybearAutosportLocal_ChapSusieBluepoppy37Ladybird37r93kaey5p2izunCheerLouth 13 votes
    Crunchie Bits
    6%
    TherapyBoyhdldmc17Anastasia_ 4 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Dairy Milk
    I voted for Caramel myself, the soft velvet caramel and the sweet chocolate does it for me each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Dairy Milk Caramel
    Fudge.

A finger of fudge is just enough to give your kids a treat,
    A finger of fudge is just enough until its time to eat,
    Its full of peppery goodness & very small & neat,
    A finger of fudge is just enough to give your kids a treat.

Love it! Always have, Always will.

Do looove double deckers as well, but haven't had the pleasure of the dinky variety yet.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Dairy Milk
    Caramel too for me

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

been such a long time so I would need a taste test? lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Dairy Milk
    That was like choosing between your children but opted for Caramel. All are delicious bar the éclair that seems determined to take some fillings with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Went for Crunchie Bits. They don't feel like your eating anything bad because they are so light. Well, less guilty then eating pure chocolate :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Dairy Milk
    For scientific purposes, my preference in order would be;

1. Dairy Milk Caramel
    2. Twirl
    3. Fudge
    4. Dairy Milk
    5. Wispa
    6. Eclair
    7. Double Decker (Known as "Dinky Decker")
    8. Crunchie (Known as Crunchie Bits)
    9. Creme Egg Twisted

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

This would be my ranking of them:

1. Crunchie (Known as Crunchie Bits)
    2. Dairy Milk Caramel
    3. Eclair
    4. Twirl
    5. Wispa
    6. Double Decker (Known as "Dinky Decker")
    7. Dairy Milk
    8. Fudge
    9. Creme Egg Twisted

But I may have to buy a tub when I get back to Ireland and reassess my ranking... For science. Although I hate Creme Eggs so that one will definitely stay at the bottom, ugh.

Dairy Milk
    I used to love creme eggs. But since they’ve changed the recipe I don’t like them. Too gritty.

I find the sweets the same. Too sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,979 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Eclair
    Loughc wrote: »
    1. Dairy Milk Caramel
    2. Twirl
    3. Fudge
    4. Dairy Milk
    5. Wispa
    6. Eclair
    7. Double Decker (Known as "Dinky Decker")
    8. Crunchie (Known as Crunchie Bits)
    9. Creme Egg Twisted
    Scarinae wrote: »
    This would be my ranking of them:

1. Crunchie (Known as Crunchie Bits)
    2. Dairy Milk Caramel
    3. Eclair
    4. Twirl
    5. Wispa
    6. Double Decker (Known as "Dinky Decker")
    7. Dairy Milk
    8. Fudge
    9. Creme Egg Twisted

But I may have to buy a tub when I get back to Ireland and reassess my ranking... For science. Although I hate Creme Eggs so that one will definitely stay at the bottom, ugh.

I find this strange, Creme Egg and Caramel are my joint favourites and I would have thought they were pretty similar to most people.

Love the plain chocolate ones too.

My all-time favourite though is the mini Dream RIP:(

• Advertisement

Dairy Milk
    I find this strange, Creme Egg and Caramel are my joint favourites and I would have thought they were pretty similar to most people.

Love the plain chocolate ones too.

My all-time favourite though is the mini Dream RIP:(

I find caramel soft and velvety and creme egg too sugary and gritty.

Dairy Milk
    Haha I just saw this thread and brandished my phone at my partner shouting "We did this! WE did this!!!". And look my top choice is winning so far.. caramel! Yum.. I love chocolate and I love caramel.

Agree with Srameen re: eclairs and fillings .. a match made in hell.

Also to the person above me who mentioned Dream! Thank you!!! When we were carrying out our taste testings I asked 'wasn't there a lovely white chocolate one??' but himself didn't know what I was talking about. I loved the dream one!!

Oh and loughc is right.. creme egg is gone all gritty. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,819 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Creme Egg Twisted
    Twirl , plain and simple , unadorned chocolate :)

That's all I eat from the Heroes , just as well I never buy them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Dinky Decker
    I voted for Eclair as I love the burst of chocolate when you bite into them :D

I notice others have ranked them so mine would be:
    1. Eclair
    2. Twirl
    3. Dinky Decker
    4. Wispa
    5. Dairy Milk Caramel
    6. Dairy Milk
    7. Fudge
    8. Crunchie Bits
    9. Creme Egg Twisted

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Crunchie bits for me....love the smooth with the crunch.....

My favourite crunchie bits is coming second only 1 vote behind. Come on people, crunchie for number 1 :)

Dairy Milk
    it's amazing to see the voting being so split, except no love for the plain Dairy Milk :P

If anyone from Cadbury's would like to use this free market research I'm happy to sell it for inordinate amounts of chocolate... :P

Dairy Milk
    Joint lead at the moment between Wispa and Eclair!

I did not expect Wispa to get so high on the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,979 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Eclair
    Loughc wrote: »
    Joint lead at the moment between Wispa and Eclair!

I did not expect Wispa to get so high on the results.

Me either. For me it's very much third behind Twirl and Dairy Milk in the plain chocolate mini-league:P

Dairy Milk
    Me either. For me it's very much third behind Twirl and Dairy Milk in the plain chocolate mini-league:P

Correct haha.

Also surprised Twirl didn't get more love!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Dinky Decker
    Eclair gets my number 1 vote as you can't beat a nice chew and then a burst of chocolate :)

Dream was a gorgeous little treat too and does anyone remember Snow Flake? God I loved that bar :)

Dairy Milk
    Autosport wrote: »
    Eclair gets my number 1 vote as you can't beat a nice chew and then a burst of chocolate :)

Dream was a gorgeous little treat too and does anyone remember Snow Flake? God I loved that bar :)

YES YES and YES to both Dream and Snowflake, I loved BOTH.

I do like Eclair, but I find each year there's less and less chocolate and I spend longer picking the toffee out of my teeth than enjoying eating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Dinky Decker
    Eclairs for me! No fillings in these teeth to be worried about :P

Dairy Milk
    CheerLouth wrote: »
    Eclairs for me! No fillings in these teeth to be worried about :P

Don't rub it in :P

TRS30 wrote: »
    My favourite crunchie bits is coming second only 1 vote behind. Come on people, crunchie for number 1 :)

Crunchie bites lagging behind now. All the more for me I guess :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Dairy Milk Caramel
    Fudge all the way! :)

Advertisement