Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Persepoly wrote: »
    I have a naval gazing competitor :D

I am having a sit watching the new season of Dark. Oh the excitement.

No just taking stock of life and what and who to keep and cherish and what to dispense with. It's a good thing to do as it lets you grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    It had to, it was the only way I think. Look, I still have love for him, I probably always will, but trust is everything and if we don’t have that, what do we have? Plus he was kicking off that I wanted to go to the party instead of going out with him, even though I offered to meet him earlier in the day and he said no :rolleyes:
    I am usually the last person to give relationship advice but it seems you dodged a bullet. You'll meet someone better, enjoy being single for a while.
    Workside.

Kitty maybe invite your boyfriend to the party? It's nice to be included.

Having said that I was going out with a man I tried to open my life to as you do, and as he was a bit friendless, and he was on about going to meet my female friend himself rather than with me?! You mentioned trust issues and I know that one so maybe I'd have been better doing what you did a lot earlier.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I wouldn't dream of inviting himself to a staff party to be honest, i don't think anyone else in the party would either.
    Sorry about your news kitty all the best

oh, didn't know it was a staff party! well that's different. I just thought maybe he felt excluded if it was a normal one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

oh, didn't know it was a staff party! well that's different. I just thought maybe he felt excluded if it was a normal one.

No, he wouldn’t have come anyway, even if it was a regular party. The issue was he wanted to go to the cinema in the evening, but I wanted to go to the party so I suggested we go earlier or go for dinner instead, he said no and then said I put the party before him and that I didn’t care anymore :rolleyes: and this is after him being a príck over the summer which led me to not trust him so I think it was always going to happen

Good on ya Kitty. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Kitchen side basking in the warmth of a lovely fire and having a laugh by text with the bestest friend in the world. Priceless.

No just taking stock of life and what and who to keep and cherish and what to dispense with. It's a good thing to do as it lets you grow.

Yes I do it too. That's why I referred to you as "fellow naval gazer" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Kitty, I know its hard at the moment and you probably will have moments in the coming weeks, months, even years where you will wish it hadn't happened and that you were still together...but, you are doing the right thing. You are walking away at a good time in your life. You have college to focus on, friends, partying, work etc and you will get through this and onto better things. Just remind yourself all the time that you deserve better. You wouldn't do that crap to him, so why should you accept it. You had more respect for him than he had for you. Never ever accept less than what you deserve. Take it from an auld wan who married the wrong person, went out with loads of wrong-uns and had a lot of fun being single inbetween.

Lecture over!

On the sofa just off the phone from me mammy. She was at a cousin's daughter's wedding at the weekend so had loads to tell me. Seemed to have been a stunning wedding, but that part of my family would teach the Kardashians a thing or two about style, so it was to be expected.

Gonna hit the hay soon as its midnight here and want to have enough sleep to get up early and go to the gym. When I say early, I mean 8ish. I don't start work until 10 and only have to walk into the living room to work so its loads of time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, absolutely wrecked, had a rough night last night :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Serious hair of the dog required today. Thankfully it was work free. Got the urge for onion rings at lunchtime and indulged, That was Mamof4's fault.:D

Working on a recovery meal this evening of steak, mushrooms, mash and peas. Splash of gravy somewhere. Having a few hair of the dog treatments now before dinner. Rail trip tomorrow. Work related. Early enough start but time for a nice breakfast before the train and someone else is doing the driving.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,311 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Kitty, what's for you won't pass you, a cliche but true. There's another cliche about the best way to get over a man ... :pac:

Any word from Seph? Hope his first day went well.

Tableside trying to decide what to have for dinner.

Witchie wrote: »
    Kitty, I know its hard at the moment and you probably will have moments in the coming weeks, months, even years where you will wish it hadn't happened and that you were still together...but, you are doing the right thing. You are walking away at a good time in your life. You have college to focus on, friends, partying, work etc and you will get through this and onto better things. Just remind yourself all the time that you deserve better. You wouldn't do that crap to him, so why should you accept it. You had more respect for him than he had for you. Never ever accept less than what you deserve. Take it from an auld wan who married the wrong person, went out with loads of wrong-uns and had a lot of fun being single inbetween.

On the couch, currently having one of those moments. Thank you so much for your kind words Witchie, like I said last night, onwards and upwards hopefully.

Kitty, what's for you won't pass you, a cliche but true. There's another cliche about the best way to get over a man ... :pac:

Tempting alright :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Tableside trying to decide what to have for dinner.

Food, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,311 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

RMAOK wrote: »
    Food, perhaps?

Maybe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,986 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Poolside

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Heading to bed for a bit of relaxing after a long day and a very sleepless night last night.
    I have suitcases under my eyes. Look a bit like the Banshee on the cover of the Banshee Bones packets!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Currently couch side, post EP blues are kicking in.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Having a bit of food & trying to catch up on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,220 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Currently carside deciding what to have for dinner and hoping that Seph had a great first day :)

I'm absolutely wrecked tired now so I'm thinking am early night :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Couchside, catching up on the soaps. Wracked up 21,000+ steps today, first time in 7 weeks. The bottom half of my body feels like it has started rigor mortis :D
    Good first "proper" day back though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

that's great going on the steps. i've to go for a run later

Carside, came for a drive in an attempt to clear my head somewhat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Computerside. I'm so bored I'm about to watch Celebrity MasterChef. Mainly to see wtf Neil Ruddock does.

Get out of the car and head for a walk in the countryside, K. It really helps with the old head-clearance. My dog is fitter this year than she was as a pup :D

I love driving to clear my head too Kitty. I drive alone, with my tunes, sometimes in the middle of the night! There is nothing better. I know almost every city I've ever lived in like a taxi driver :) Hope it works for you.

Bedside, exhausted too. The health kick is taking it's toll :D Day off today, I cooked and baked and filled the freezer with enough food for the next month.

A pretty orange leaf landed on me when I was walking through St Stephen's Green this evening, a little sign of autumn, my favourite time of year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Gonna have the din dins.:D In the Kitchen getting it ready. Maybe a book in bed and then up early for the choo choo. Not driving and not paying!

Cork Boi!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*peeks in*

tenor.gif?itemid=4881542

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Sephers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,220 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sephy how did you get on??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

How'd the day go Seph ?

Evening all you nice people :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement