Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Myrddin wrote: »
    I'm doing something similar. I'm working towards a complete Zelda collection, from start to finish (carts & discs)...everything boxed & in good condition.

A complete collection you say, I hope you have a strong stomach ;)

Joking aside, it's a nice collection to go for. Nothings crazy expensive unless you start going for stuff like pal Majora's adventure set, Link to the Past also has a big box with a guide that was only released in Scandanavia.

http://www.gamesniped.com/2013/05/28/pal-big-box-snes-zelda-gold-pack/
    http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2012/02/majoras-mask-limited-edition-adventure-set/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

Which would be the best port of Mad Dog to pick up on consoles?

The PS3 version looks very responsive here, a lot more instant than the Wii version...

Might have to pick up a PlayStation move for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

That's weird, I just saw the full Titenic video moments before you posted it, it was on another friends wall. The intro was amazing, my first time actually seeing one of his videos!

A few weeks back I bought Resident Evil 2 complete for PS1 on adverts for a discounted price as Disc 1 - Leon was missing.

Recently I spotted boards user SnakePlissken selling disc only games for the PS1 in this advert which included Resident Evil 2.

So I chanced my arm and asked him if he would sell the Leon disc separately and he very kindly offered to send it for the price of postage as he knows I'm a retro guy!

This evening I got a little worried as I still didn't receive the PayPal invoice from him, and an hour later when I arrived home I was surprised to find this greeting me in the letterbox......

314978.jpg

Not the one disc I needed but both discs, and sent completely free of charge!

I am absolutely delighted with his generosity, and feel like I owe him big time, I always find it difficult to accept gifts from people! :)

So if you're ever dealing SnakePlissken, please consider offering him a special A&R discount as he is one of the. Good guys! :)

I know I will be for sure!

• Advertisement

And btw, I now have a spare disc 2 / Claire for Resident Evil 2 that I can post for free to someone to pass on the kindness.

I'm pretty sure you need disc 1 / Leon to be able to access disc 2 Claire.

So I would prefer to send it to someone who's missing Disc 2, but I guess the chances of that are slim.

Could just send it to someone who hasn't the game, and who could pick up Disc 1 cheap on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

waveform wrote: »
    Which would be the best port of Mad Dog to pick up on consoles?

The PS3 version looks very responsive here, a lot more instant than the Wii version...

Might have to pick up a PlayStation move for it!

Was that in the arcades about 10 / 15 years ago? That looks very very familiar.

MrVestek wrote: »

Add another 10 years onto that and you've just about got it! ;)

It came out in 1990.

I remember seeing it in the Savoy in Cork around 1992~1994 and was amazed, it was REAL!
    They also had the Space shooting game also release by the same company.

Even though the Arcade in the Savoy was shortlived, it may possibly have been the best Arcade in Ireland, I remember the place being huge!

You bought a card with a metallic strip and you could play unlimited games with it for an hour or 2, maybe this was the reason it was never profitable. :p

Kevin2me can probably remember the place better as I was only a child.

I should really dig up some information on that Arcade, it was epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

waveform wrote: »
    Add another 10 years onto that and you've just about got it! ;)

It came out in 1990.

I remember seeing it in the Savoy in Cork around 1992~1994 and was amazed, it was REAL!
    They also had the Space shooting game also release by the same company.

Even though the Arcade in the Savoy was shortlived, it may possibly have been the best Arcade in Ireland, I remember the place being huge!

You bought a card with a metallic strip and you could play unlimited games with it for an hour or 2, maybe this was the reason it was never profitable. :p

Kevin2me can probably remember the place better as I was only a child.

I should really dig up some information on that Arcade, it was epic.
    There was a place in Galway City like that too, I remember Virtual fighter and Racing were all the rage when I was there in '93, It had some mini bowling alley too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

MrVestek wrote: »

The had this in the Square in Tallaght for yeeeearrrrs then along with Area 51.

• Advertisement

yep I remember it in the square too!
    do you remember Zacks shack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Joking aside, it's a nice collection to go for. Nothings crazy expensive unless you start going for stuff like pal Majora's adventure set, Link to the Past also has a big box with a guide that was only released in Scandanavia.

http://www.gamesniped.com/2013/05/28/pal-big-box-snes-zelda-gold-pack/
    http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2012/02/majoras-mask-limited-edition-adventure-set/

Ah no I wouldn't be going down that road of special editions & regional extras etc. Simply every Zelda game (except the CD-i muck, that's non canon imo) released, all boxed etc.

Picked these up on Amazon.co.uk for decent money (love that super saver delivery). Question, Resi Revelations Wii U seems dare I say it, uncommon, at this stage...I heard on the Ninty forum it may be a low enough print run or something? Also, I've yet to play Journey...so that will soon right a very old wrong!

28iss90.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Got some sealed 3DO goodness today. Well, one of them is goodness at least :)

152b0c.jpg

96c9d3.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm so conflicted Steve!
    On the one hand, regarding yet more Rise of the Robots, you should be dragged onto the street, beaten with sticks before having starving rabid ferrets stuffed into your pants.

On the other Return Fire is probably one of my favourite games of all time and it pains me that there are so many people who have never ever heard or played it.

How about I just have you killed but hold a really nice wake?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm so conflicted Steve!

It's Steve, just be glad there isn't a picture of x2 RotR. I think the fact he bought one of them exonerates him here

I'm so conflicted Steve!
    On the one hand, regarding yet more Rise of the Robots, you should be dragged onto the street, beaten with sticks before having starving rabid ferrets stuffed into your pants.

On the other Return Fire is probably one of my favourite games of all time and it pains me that there are so many people who have never ever heard or played it.

Well I normally have to pay quite a bit of money at the weekends for what you're talking about above :D
    Myrddin wrote: »
    It's Steve, just be glad there isn't a picture of x2 RotR. I think the fact he bought one of them exonerates him here

He only had the one for sale :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Typical non retrogaming Weekend get for Steve:

Ferret bites on me John Thomas!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

315019.jpg

Thankfully, these are real.

Just opened up the sealed Return Fire. Something very nice about a fresh and minty disc and case for such a good game. I've a couple copies already of course, but I wanted a mint copy before they all disappear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Steve SI wrote: »
    but I wanted a mint copy before they all disappear.

Haven't you just accelerated that process now by opening a sealed one ? :D

Haven't you just accelerated that process now by opening a sealed one ? :D

My sealed copy is no longer sealed, but will forever remain mint while in my possession :)

Honestly that game is so so damn good, best local multiplayer this side of Nintendo, it's better on the 3DO than the PS version too, and features the jeep instead of the hummer as well as the frankly awesome soundtrack and interstitial cut scenes.
    The 3DO game also features the most amazing developer logo animation and Dolby Surround title/demo ever, and I'm not exaggerating, just ask Steve.

Maps O'Death is essential too, an add on disk for Return Fire, building greatly on the single player game that is little more than a training mode in the original game for the glories of the multiplayer Return Fire.
    The disk is a massive collection of insane single player maps, very very cool.

Gamestop was good to me today.
    Got a new copy of Resident Evil Revelations for 19.97 and, to my surprise, they had a copy of Time Crisis 4 with a GCon 3 for 15.
    Happy with that.

Honestly that game is so so damn good, best local multiplayer this side of Nintendo, it's better on the 3DO than the PS version too, and features the jeep instead of the hummer as well as the frankly awesome soundtrack and interstitial cut scenes.
    The 3DO game also features the most amazing developer logo animation and Dolby Surround title/demo ever, and I'm not exaggerating, just ask Steve.

Yeah its a fairly epic with the sound hooked up properly. Doesnt really come across in this quick vid.

And then of course there's this :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

There's a 3DO version of rise of the robots? Eugh.

Picked up a couple of vita games today. Been dying to get katamari since it was released and everybody's golf was only 3.99. Random find of the day goes to the GC>GBA cables that were just sitting on the shelf in hmv. If anyone wants them let me know as I already have one.

122C0F75-078A-424B-ACC4-C66A32F33BEF_zps3p3frdxp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I loved Revelations on the 3ds, think I sunk about 60+ hours into it. I think it was the first RE game I really liked since 4. Picked it up on the Wiiu, it's still sitting in the backloggery though:( I hope you enjoy finding the real goal on the ghost ship ;)
    Steve SI wrote: »
    And then of course there's this redface.png

And as for you Mr SI, How could you defile that beautiful pvm with such utter sh1te frown.png Burn both copies at once.

• Advertisement

Hey Ciderman, have you played Return Fire 2 on PC?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement