Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grocery Challenge 2014 [Threads Merged]

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Don't forget to do a stocktake of what's in your fridge/cupboards. When I began the frugal life I was surprised that I had enough already 'in stock' to feed us without going to the shops! I was determined not to overstock in future. It's working quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Holidays last week so no big shop. Did this week's big shop today and spent €55 in Lidl and €12.50 in SV - €67.50. Got a good bit of meat and stocked up on milk for the freezer. Lidl have whole red jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese in their Mexican range - mother of jesus, I just ate a whole pack.

Ten days between last big shop and this week. Spent €82.50 in Lidl this week, and had two extra children staying with me for a few days.

Most people have probably seen it but there's an interesting thread on grocery budgeting in After Hours at the moment.

I fear this thread might be dying and I haven't updated in three weeks so Im no help!

Week 1: €29 in Lidl and €25 in SV - €54 total

Week 2: €52 in Aldi (Lidl is better!), €19 in SV - €71 total

Week 3 - €68 in Lidl, €7 in market - €75 total

So far I've been coming under my €75 budget for 2 adults and 1 baby. Todays dinner was caught off a beach an hour ago and the peas and greenery will come from the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

livinsane wrote: »
    Ten days between last big shop and this week. Spent €82.50 in Lidl this week, and had two extra children staying with me for a few days.

Most people have probably seen it but there's an interesting thread on grocery budgeting in After Hours at the moment.

Link is invalid?

• Advertisement

Link is invalid?

The thread has disappeared! Weird. I posted in it and it's not coming up in my post history.

Advertisement