Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Phone Activated Gate Problems

• 11-12-2019 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Instead of another thread I'll ask in this one since many folks seem to have a similar set up to us.

I've added numbers for all of us living in the apt to the mgmt co. Everything was fine until one of the lads changed his phone, got a new SIM, but retained the number.

Now when he calls the gate number, the gate won't open. Oddly, an 083 number seems to appear at times rather than his 087 number. He's gone to the 3 shop and they've confirmed all is good and even given him a new phone but same issue.

Anyone else see this before? I've emailed the mgmt co to add the 083 number in as a test and to confirm the 087 number is still there. Its very odd. I myself have changed phone since the gates went in and have had no issues.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Thread split.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its called 'GSM Gate Slave'.
    Ask the Management Company to 're-register' his number on the gateslave website- and he should be good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭choicer

Its called 'GSM Gate Slave'.
    Ask the Management Company to 're-register' his number on the gateslave website- and he should be good to go.

Mgmt company have said they have done this and its still not working.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

choicer wrote: »
    Mgmt company have said they have done this and its still not working.

Check whether he has his number hidden on the phone- you can hide your number by default so it doesn't come up. If his number is not being sent by default- all the gate slave software will know is that an unknown number is calling- and it will refuse to trigger the command to open the gate.

It sounds like his number is not being sent, by default. I think this is a SIM level setting- but easily changed. Its not a problem with the phone- its doing exactly what its supposed to do- however, if he googles how to switch on own number sending- it very probably will resolve the issue.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The other number must be the number that came with the SIM before the port happened. A new SIM might sort it. Alternatively, could you ask them to add the other number to the list?

• Advertisement

It seemed that an 083 number was being sent from his phone so I asked the mgmt company to add that in. They did and still nothing.

I've emailed them to ask them to remove the 087 and then re-register, as suggested above.

He told me that 3 are basically saying there is nothing wrong on their end and its the gates fault!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Number port hasn't worked right and 3 need to sort it. Will have to get beyond the initial level of customer care as they won't have a clue. Don't mention the gate at all

Wonder if its the caller id?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,111 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If he dials your mobile what number comes up? If you have his number stored already delete it first before trying this.

If he dials your mobile what number comes up? If you have his number stored already delete it first before trying this.

He tried that with someone who didnt have his number and it was the 087 which showed. I also got him to check his caller id and all seemed fine.

Told him he has to get it sorted with 3 as it must be the phone/SIM as no one else having issues with the gate and this has only happened since the new phone

• Advertisement
Advertisement