Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cyclocross 2019-2020 - The CXy thread

Options

Comments

lennymc wrote: »
    I was thinking that looks bunny hoppable, until I saw people bunnyhop it......

This is what I thought too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

CramCycle wrote: »

That is too funny, think they got every possible fall in

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Round 3 of Supercross Cup rescheduled to Kilternan which is a great course

Had suspected that Round 3 may have been earmarked for National Sports Campus but may have fallen through as doesn't seem to have been much activity following on from recent skills workshops in September. Anyone have any idea of how advanced the facility is at this stage or is it a possible insurance issue at play?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

CramCycle wrote: »

Seems like the lads that carried decent momentum and pushed down on the front through the dip got through it best.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Whyner wrote: »
    That is too funny, think they got every possible fall in

Read the post from the guy who posted it on Reddit, apparently that was not even half of them, he didn't even come close. The head over heels are my favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Hi guys,

Oldcastle CC, Bray Wheelers CC, Scott Orwell Wheelers CC and Navan Road Club are organising a CycloCross League this season, it's called "The Leinster League of CycloCross", or "The Leinster League" for short, please don't confuse it with the Clay Pidgeon Shooting League and 2012 XC MTB Series, of the same name.

Announcement Article: The Inaugural Leinster League of CycloCross.
    If ye have any feedback, let me know.

Communication Channels:
    Website: https://theleinsterleagueofcyclocross.wordpress.com
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/theleinsterleagueofcyclocross
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeinsterLeague
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theleinsterleagueofcyclocross

Hope to see ye there.

Specialized Ireland are running a "Halloween Gravel Spin" on Saturday the 26th at 09:30.

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/714625212339144/

The Leinster League of CycloCross's opening round is this coming Sunday, November 3rd.
    Hosted by Oldcastle CC in Drewstown House, Kells, Co. Meath.
    Course open for practice from 09:00, Sign-on from 09:30.

Pre-Entry is open via Cycling Ireland.

More Details: https://theleinsterleagueofcyclocross.wordpress.com/rounds/oldcastle-cc/
    Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/396844864328366/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

entered. looking forward to it. Is it a hilly course, or a flat course. Might need to change my gearing

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

entered. looking forward to it. Is it a hilly course, or a flat course. ight nee dto change my gearing

Mainly flat, with a small climb up to a technical forest section, there is one short sharp hill near the end of this that is rideable with low gearing but if it's muddy could be quicker to run.

• Advertisement

calistro wrote: »
    Mainly flat, with a small climb up to a technical forest section, there is one short sharp hill near the end of this that is rideable with low gearing but if it's muddy could be quicker to run.

cheers - i have one gear, so ill be running!!* :)

*dying and crawling anywhere that is not downhill

First CX race today. Jesus there was alot of running. No concept of where I was place wise other than at the first proper ramp in the forest, I was about 5 places to far back and the front group made a few minutes on the rest of us as we waited for the queue to get through. First lap down and I was half a lap down on the leaders, 2 laps down and I was almost a lap down to the three leaders. I wasn't last as a good few dropped out with damaged derailleurs. I was overtaking as many as overtook me, so I would say whereever I was after the first pinch point is where I remained. Started running alot after first lap, only on the bike for downhill bits. Crashed twice. First lap I went head over heels on a short descent when a root took my wheel from under me. Then in the same place on lap three where my bars got turned the wrong way. On the plus side, the bike I borrowed had commuting gears so the derailleur was short and didn't seem to suffer as much as others, I also could make a dent in the few non muddy sections.

Sprinted for the line against an Orwell lad who pipped me by a few inches as I took the last corner to wide.

If I don't again, I am getting my own bike, too stressful worrying about someone else's bike

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

The Munster league is under attack by bureaucrats. It would be great to get this out on social media. They have already closed the bmx track and canceled all their club activities 🀯

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Cork-race-event-is-in-doubt-due-to-issues-with-insurance-cover-14da540f-df5a-423e-a843-a2f37dcb4d8c-ds

The Munster league is under attack by bureaucrats. It would be great to get this out on social media. They have already closed the bmx track and canceled all their club activities ��

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Cork-race-event-is-in-doubt-due-to-issues-with-insurance-cover-14da540f-df5a-423e-a843-a2f37dcb4d8c-ds

Thats insane, the statement from the council contradicts itself, absolutely disgraceful.

I had to read that twice to be sure. Muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Super event put on yesterday by Oldcastle CC, with thanks to Drewstown House Christian Centre.

I found it very tough to be honest. All that muddy mud in the flat grassy areas was very draining. Excuse the pun, I was swamped by other riders on the first lap and took a while to get going. My initial slowness saw me lapped, and it was a very long lap!

Great course though, loads of variation - loved the slaloming through the downhill mud towards the lake.

Huge thanks to the Gilsenan clan who made me feel super pro with bike changes every half lap.

Private supportive venues are the job really when you see the hassle down in Cork dealing with officialdom. (and up in Belfast and across in Dublin/Connacht I'm sure)

cheers - i have one gear, so ill be running!!* :)

*dying and crawling anywhere that is not downhill

Your choice of going single speed saved you from the 'Derailleur Deaths'...I counted 15 in the B race. Don't think I saw any in the A's.

Your choice of going single speed saved you from the 'Derailleur Deaths'...I counted 15 in the B race. Don't think I saw any in the A's.

I suffered my own special kind of death.

On the upside, I still beat RobFowl, and that is all that matters in these things.

Yeah, I almost felt sorry for you but then my coffee started burning my fingers and I snapped back to reality!!

Yeah, I almost felt sorry for you but then my coffee started burning my fingers and I snapped back to reality!!

Almost.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

signed in for oldcastle next week, after seeing photos of fb and reading here i think il leave it, not suited to super heavy courses, achilles is fecked too so it wont handle that amount of running

The Leinster League of CycloCross:

Round 1 Results and Standings.

Round 2 Details and Entry for Youth and Senior: Rd 2. Oldcastle CC – The Cross of Kells 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

The deronde cross has been cancelled. City council wouldn't let it go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭dahat

CptMackey wrote: »
    The deronde cross has been cancelled. City council wouldn't let it go ahead.

A while can of worms opened as result. This may effect road races, sportives etc going forward.

On the upside, I still beat RobFowl, and that is all that matters in these things.

I too beat RobFowl, all in all, not a bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

dahat wrote: »
    A while can of worms opened as result. This may effect road races, sportives etc going forward.

Seems to be an issue with city council specifically at the moment. But it could be the end for cycling races in the country unless this insurance nonsense is sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭dahat

CptMackey wrote: »
    Seems to be an issue with city council specifically at the moment. But it could be the end for cycling races in the country unless this insurance nonsense is sorted

The same theory could be applied to all sports, player to player injury if a council own the land.

Has something occurred within the county to spark this?

dahat wrote: »

Unless this is specific to someone in the council having an anti cycling bias, it hopefully shouldn't. It will however spell the end of sport events on council owned properties if it is upheld. Sportives are a bunch of riders on the road, following the rules of the road, really little the council should be able to do provided they cause no issues outside the norm. It may affect races though, and considering the hassle that has thankfully died down around north Dublin/Meath due to one person getting the hump, if there is someone with an issue, then it could be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Wondering if the whole insurance thing is related to why the Epic MTB cx race was cancelled in River Dodder Park a couple of weeks back too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

detones wrote: »
    Wondering if the whole insurance thing is related to why the Epic MTB cx race was cancelled in River Dodder Park a couple of weeks back too.

Apparently it was cancelled due to construction work being carried out down the lower end of the course.

Advertisement