Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Money Saving Tips

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 eoin317

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Android tv box is the best way to go with a good iptv sub mine cost €60 for the year, I got the nvidia shield a while back and it’s a great bit of kit and has the gaming option too but you can get cheaper android tv boxes and they are better than a regular android box.
    If you want Netflix on the box too that’s also possible and if you subscribe from Turkey it’s cheaper and you can share the account with 3 others as a Netflix family it’s cheaper again

Is there any particular IPTV subscription that you would recommend? I have an android box but was thinking of buying a Sky Box with a UK viewing card...do you get more on the IPTV subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I've been using Borrowbox for years, along with the newspaper app called Pressreader which does great magazines, RB digital is also good,

https://www.wexfordcoco.ie/libraries/ebooks-and-eresources/emagazines-rbdigital

This is what I get access to as a member of Wexford Libraries, deep with long into

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Forgot to add they do have a music app and courses, used the music once before I joined spotify, it was hit and miss but still nor bad really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Heard people mentioning it on the radio and its true, i did it for years before having kids. You need a garage or old wheelie bins.
    Dont pay for rubbish collection. Go to your local recycling centre. Its three euros in and recycling free. They weigh the black bins. At most i went once a month probably never spent ten euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

mickmac76 wrote: »
    You can login at home and read them. The website

https://lgma.rbdigitalglobal.com/

is a new website and if you register with it it seems to have all the county council libraries in the country as part of it. So any part of the country can access all the magazines including back issues. To find a magazine just click on the explore button on the top right hand corner followed by filter and genre.

I have an account with SDCC and Fingal libraries, it can be difficult enough to get to the libraries time wise for me, you'd think they'd be promoting this, especially with a lot of kids having tablets, even if to adults, and just send out an email with this information? never heard of it before.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Kidkinobe wrote: »
    You can save a fortune on mouthwash by not spiting it down the sink, spit it right back into the bottle so you can reuse it...I have the same bottle of mouth wash for almost 14 months now...and at 3 Euro a pop, I have at least saved 40 Euros.

I find that hard to swallow..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Heard people mentioning it on the radio and its true, i did it for years before having kids. You need a garage or old wheelie bins.
    Dont pay for rubbish collection. Go to your local recycling centre. Its three euros in and recycling free. They weigh the black bins. At most i went once a month probably never spent ten euro.

Keep the receipts, indefinitely probably - this will meet the legal requirements to prove that legal waste disposal is occurring but without receipts you'll have problems - expensive problems.

Out here in North Kildare, we don't have a local recycling centre so you need to bring potential quite malodorous waste to either Coolmine or fecking Kilcullen so its really not an option; pay-by-weight bins are costing me about 240 a year, but I use the brown bin rather than compost and there is probably some stuff going to both it and the black bin that could be safely burnt in the fireplace if I could be bothered - its all very light, dirty paper or cardboard mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Ngannou54

Anyone know of a place to buy staples in bulk?

Advertisement