Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ian Poulter 16th Abu Dhabi

• 19-01-2019 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

Looking for opinion.
    Should golfers be made hit potentially dangerous shots, as in Ian Poulter 2nd on the 16th @ Abu Dhabi?
    With the proximity to the path there he risked wrist damage, rebounding ball etc.
    Just reminds me of one of the lads in our club who got a rebounding ball in the eye from a dangerous lie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

zep wrote: »
    Looking for opinion.
    Should golfers be made hit potentially dangerous shots, as in Ian Poulter 2nd on the 16th @ Abu Dhabi?
    With the proximity to the path there he risked wrist damage, rebounding ball etc.
    Just reminds me of one of the lads in our club who got a rebounding ball in the eye from a dangerous lie.

he could have take a penalty drop and not hit it there.

2 options.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

he could have take a penalty drop and not hit it there.

2 options.
    Indeed, but suppose I was getting at should there not be free drops in potentially dangerous situations? And yes dangerous can be highly subjective and people could try abuse such a rule but is there not at least she merit in a rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

I'd say we all put ourselves into this area pretty much every week/round.

In the trees or one of your partners is....there's really no safe place to stand.

I'm sure there are plenty who would rinse that ruling is "potential dangerous positions" were introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Down9194

Don’t know if he was that close to the path. He could have chipped out with a wedge. Might have had a better score

Advertisement