Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AAI insurance

• 17-01-2019 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭

Ive recently put the runners back on, and have started doing a local League race.

As part of the entry I paid €20 for AAI insurance .
    What does that cover , or entitle me to ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

greenspurs wrote: »
    Ive recently put the runners back on, and have started doing a local League race.

As part of the entry I paid €20 for AAI insurance .
    What does that cover , or entitle me to ?

That's a little strange. You usually get insurance when you register with AAI, it's bundled into membership. I don't think it is for sale on it's own. So you probably actually joined a club, and are now an AAI member.

There are FAQs here.

Basically, they don't cover for pulled muscles/strains, that kind of thing.
    They will cover for twisted ankles, broken bones etc, if they take place at a club training session or race.
    They don't cover for injuries outside club events - if you're out for a run on your own and trip and fall, that's not covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

RayCun wrote: »
    That's a little strange. You usually get insurance when you register with AAI, it's bundled into membership. I don't think it is for sale on it's own. So you probably actually joined a club, and are now an AAI member.

There are FAQs here.

Basically, they don't cover for pulled muscles/strains, that kind of thing.
    They will cover for twisted ankles, broken bones etc, if they take place at a club training session or race.
    They don't cover for injuries outside club events - if you're out for a run on your own and trip and fall, that's not covered.

Thanks for the reply.
    Ive been away from running for a few years, and I used to be a member of a club.
    I thought it was strange, They offered me at sign on , €20 for aai insurance (it also states that on the club poster for the league) or €10 to join the club .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

greenspurs wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.
    Ive been away from running for a few years, and I used to be a member of a club.
    I thought it was strange, They offered me at sign on , €20 for aai insurance (it also states that on the club poster for the league) or €10 to join the club .

Adult registration with AAI is €17, including insurance. Maybe the €20 option means they register you with AAI, and the cheaper option they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Yes, maybe.
    I will ask at the next sign on.

Advertisement