Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Times Ireland/Sunday Times Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Spurion wrote: »
    I signed up last week (7th Jan) for the 1 month free trial but today - only a week later - I got charged the 5 euro subscription fee. Anyone else experience this?

Says a month free on the OPs first link on page 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Same here,just signed up,say it's a clerical error, or an automatic response

Subscription through the Google Play store is different to subscribing online on their actual website.

This would explain why the trial is just one week via the in- app purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Davexirl

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Subscription through the Google Play store is different to subscribing online on their actual website.

Be easier to cancel your subscription through the Google play store, with the other offer you have to ring to cancel your sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Spurion

FourFourFM wrote: »

Can't check now but I don't remember seeing anything to indicate that the trial was only a week instead of a month when I signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

If ye go into 'Your Subscription' on Account Settings ye should be able to see what ye signed up for.
    'Times Ireland Edition 1 Month Free' is what is on my subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

With signing up through the google play store can you pay with your phone credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,380 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Thanks OP for this. It's a great deal.

I had been thinking of getting a paper sub as it's good to read in depth articles but found the Irish Times too dear. Maybe they'll react to this with a better offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭ablelocks

murpho999 wrote: »
    Thanks OP for this. It's a great deal.

I had been thinking of getting a paper sub as it's good to read in depth articles but found the Irish Times too dear. Maybe they'll react to this with a better offer.

in fairness to the Irish Times, €4 a week for full edition epapers with quality journalism is still very good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

roakleyIRL wrote: »
    The digital copy of today's paper is available on tablet in the tablet app - the app is like an ereader but better

I can't download the tablet app on my phone - is it locked to tablets?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 roakleyIRL

I can't download the tablet app on my phone - is it locked to tablets?

Hi. The tablet app is only for tablets. It doesn't work on a smartphone. There are two separate Ireland edition apps - one for smartphones and one for tablets - you should have got the links in an email when you joined up?

• Advertisement

roakleyIRL wrote: »
    Hi. The tablet app is only for tablets. It doesn't work on a smartphone. There are two separate Ireland edition apps - one for smartphones and one for tablets - you should have got the links in an email when you joined up?

thanks, I'll check. Most interested in whatever looks most like the actual paper itself - which I've heard is the app, so it's a shame you can't look at that on a smartphone like the irish Times e-paper

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭Glebee

thanks, I'll check. Most interested in whatever looks most like the actual paper itself - which I've heard is the app, so it's a shame you can't look at that on a smartphone like the irish Times e-paper

Thats the only fault I see with it, the app for the tablet is great.

Glebee wrote: »
    Thats the only fault I see with it, the app for the tablet is great.

I've heard that some "tablet" apps can be side loaded. If anyone has tried and succeeded please let us know.

I have the Irish Times e-paper but read it on tablet - it would appear very small in a smartphone? The tablet app we have is a good bit different to that of our rivals - it has more functionality than most with built-in video, photo galleries and interactives. It mirrors the layout of the paper in some ways but only one story per page for nicer reading - you can also skip back and forth much more easily than in more PDF-based ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NewClareman

Brilliant deal, thanks op.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭GiftGrub100

Thanks for posting OP, great deal and easy to switch from existing subscription, great value for €5 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭terencemc

Does anyone have problems loading the soccer highlights? I live in Amsterdam so maybe its a geo based problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭corks finest

terencemc wrote: »
    Does anyone have problems loading the soccer highlights? I live in Amsterdam so maybe its a geo based problem.
    No problems

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Not mad on reading The Sunday times on a laptop/mobile compared to browsing through a physical newspaper. Find online it takes more effort (obviously). But at €5 a month think I'll keep the subscription, it could be a case of getting just to it.

Do people here view on a tablet, I'd presume that'd be the most effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

terencemc wrote: »

They are licensed for UK & Ireland only. Use a VPN.

• Advertisement

dinneenp wrote: »
    Not mad on reading The Sunday times on a laptop/mobile compared to browsing through a physical newspaper. Find online it takes more effort (obviously). But at €5 a month think I'll keep the subscription, it could be a case of getting just to it.

Tablet and android,but tablet much better

• Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I bought a cheap tablet specifically for this and a Scribd subscription, well worth it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kilteragh

Excellent spot OP and thanks.

Took me five minutes and it was all done. At least I think it was. This is the email I got:

Welcome to The Times and The Sunday Times. We are delighted to confirm your digital subscription - just £1 a week for 12 weeks.

I may have to call them back.

Ah I just got a second one with the €5 per month. All is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭ablelocks

ipad or tablet - the epaper is much easier to view and use than some of the other epapers.

Hi - the tablet app is the best way to read it - the tablet edition is really cool with build in video, interactive, photo galleries etc and you can skip sections etc easily

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭GiftGrub100

If the free download from Rakuten continues to be available, the net cost per month is going to be 1 euro for as long as the 5 euro month charge lasts, even better value than I thought possible.

If the free download from Rakuten continues to be available, the net cost per month is going to be 1 euro for as long as the 5 euro month charge lasts, even better value than I thought possible.
    Rakuten?

Rakuten?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Rakuten?

Free voucher monthly

https://rakuten.tv/ie

• Advertisement

Rakuten?

Free voucher monthly

https://rakuten.tv/ie
    Thank you

Advertisement