Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

John Connors is a bit of a wanker

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

File under 'Gemma O' Doherty' classification.

He's gone full retard.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Some very accurate comments here from another thread. I think it's only fair to cross post them for the fan club.

NIMAN wrote: »
    How is it that Connors is taken seriously?
    Fat brainless cnut.
    I despise that fat wobble faced idiot

I read his posts on fb as we have a mutual friend

The daft **** that comes out of his pea brain is staggering
    dan1895 wrote: »
    Such a f*cking lowlife. Easily the biggest cnut in the country.
    That fat fcuk Connors is one Grade A tool.

He hasn't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Omackeral wrote: »
    Sure f*ck personal responsibility.
    It's a well known fact that if people in Foxrock got drunk and lit a chip pan and it resulted in a fire the council would take responsibility and they'd be none of this death by misadventure.

Fire is actually racist lads, settled in houses are flameproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,334 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

So any time there is a fire in somebody's home the local council is responsible?

Chip pans have been known to be lethal for decades. There was such a campaign against them that most people stopped using them altogether in the 1980's and 90's.

How tou can jump from not being careful with a known fire hazard such as a chip pan to murder, sorry, racist murder is anyones guess.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It was breezed over in the reporting of the inquest that some residents of the Carrickmines site offered testimony that County Council electricians had been on site the day before the fire. No such thing happened and that was a disgusting attempt to abdicate, deflect and implicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,148 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The one thing that puzzled me about the Carrickmines fire is they often speak about over crowding at the site and it being dangerous but they decided to invite another family to stay that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Was shopping today in one of the 'major' supermarkets, which had a coffee shop and sandwich bar. (It's relevant to mention that-it's important further on).

As I was walking in, and this was about 5.30 on a Wednesday, I met three traveller children walking out against me. One wasn't even ten years old, but he was running out of the aforementioned coffee shop, which was just inside the door. Oh, and he was carrying a SVP charity box-the kind of one we all drop the odd coupla coins into.
    While the shopowner was shutting up shop, her back was turned as she was cleaning down the menu behind the counter (a blackboard).

Yep, they learn that young to steal.
    Or maybe cut out the middle man. Johnny's delusional. A load of people mixing alcohol and drugs together isn't a tragedy, it's natural selection.

Doesn't matter what your supposed ethnicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭holliehobbie

Stealing from a charity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Prince William

Is John Connors drawing the Dole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Would love if DL-R council sued the prick for defamation.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The one thing that puzzled me about the Carrickmines fire is they often speak about over crowding at the site and it being dangerous but they decided to invite another family to stay that night.
    don't bother looking for common sense or consistency on this subject.

It is the fault of the state in so far as these people are little better than wards of the state - whole families in what amounts to state foster care as they are incapable of supporting themselves or apparently thinking for themselves beyond their entitlements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

So has he gotten an agent yet ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

don't bother looking for common sense or consistency on this subject.

It is the fault of the state in so far as these people are little better than wards of the state - whole families in what amounts to state foster care as they are incapable of supporting themselves or apparently thinking for themselves beyond their entitlements.

The state didn't force them retain there culture

The state didn't force them into marrying young

The state didn't force them to leave school early

The state didn't force them to live in a halting site

The state didn't force them to get drunk or stoned

The state didn't force them to want chips

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Would love if DL-R council sued the prick for defamation.

Aren't the guards already possibly suing him cos of crap he said on the Late Late show about armed guards being ex-paramilitaries?

Some deluded idiot he is.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    The state didn't force them retain there culture

The state didn't force them into marrying young

The state didn't force them to leave school early

The state didn't force them to live in a halting site

The state didn't force them to get drunk or stoned

The state didn't force them to want chips
    yep all true. however the state is essentially acting in loco parentis - unconditional entitlements with no dependant responsibilities - the social contract has to be a two sided affair or else it is just foster care for adults. People like John Connors do not have the slightest notion of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,944 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Larbre34 wrote: »
    It was breezed over in the reporting of the inquest that some residents of the Carrickmines site offered testimony that County Council electricians had been on site the day before the fire. No such thing happened and that was a disgusting attempt to abdicate, deflect and implicate.

Doesn't matter if there were CC electricians on site the day before. Irrelevant.

It wasn't an electrical fire, it was a chip pan fire caused by human error/neglect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Can someone change the thread title. The words 'bit of a' should be replaced with the word 'total'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

We should stick a call out video up on youtube and see how Johnny boy responds.

Larbre34 wrote: »

For those who haven't really been following this - and to be fair the media aren't going into the nitty-gritty - it was found that the fire was caused by a chip pan having been left on the hob at full blast, which then went on fire.

The adults present at the time were all sleeping and had varying amounts of alcohol in their systems, along with varying amount of benzos and sleeping pills. Some adults had only small amounts, others had large amounts. But they all had drink and/or drugs onboard.

This would have not only slowed their reaction times in a fire, but obviously would have affected their decision making abilities.

Other confounding factors were that the fire brigade couldn't use the fire hydrants closest to the site because they had been tampered with and had fittings stolen from them, so they had to connect to a hydrant 50m away from the site.

This was a tragedy, but one which no amount of state assistance could have prevented.

It's probably time to ban the sale or promotion of chip pans designed for use on a hob, but that's not going to stop people sticking oil in a pot and cooking chips.
    NIMAN wrote: »
    Doesn't matter if there were CC electricians on site the day before. Irrelevant.

It wasn't an electrical fire, it was a chip pan fire caused by human error/neglect.
    The point is that a string of travellers were happy to make completely false official reports in order to blame the state (which is a representative of the settled community) for the deaths. Very reminiscent of the kind of thing that used to happen when a black man in the US was accused of a crime; you'd have all sorts of "eyewitnesses" pop up and declare they saw him when he didn't do it at all.

It's time for the traveller community to look in the mirror and realise that they have a racism problem of their own; they hate settled people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Lillyfae wrote: »

Why would you have to consult trespassers???

Cos culture, boss

seamus wrote: »
    - and to be fair the media aren't going into the nitty-gritty
    this is an interesting observation.

why no detailed coverage of the causes as you outlined in your post? this is a widely publicised tragedy with much outpouring of grief and some truly appalling accusations being directed at employees of the state, accusations that would certainly warrant a tribunal and prosecutions.

this is an interesting observation.

why no detailed coverage of the causes as you outlined in your post? this is a widely publicised tragedy with much outpouring of grief and some truly appalling accusations being directed at employees of the state, accusations that would certainly warrant a tribunal and prosecutions.
    I think it would be unfair of me to jump to conclusions. It may very well be that the media in general don't go into the deep detail of these matters in the course of normal reporting.

It may be the case that such detail is left for longer pieces rather than the 50 lines they need to write for their website.

So to assume that they're not going into the detail here because it's a traveller case, would be to claim that in other cases they *do* go into detail. Which is not a claim I can substantiate. Off the top of head, I can't remember reading any basic reports that go into the heavy details.

I wouldn't be surprised if this weekend's Sunday Independent has a large four-page report on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

seamus wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised if this weekend's Sunday Independent has a large four-page report on it.

That no one will read but will continue to pass off horse**** as fact anyway.........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Omackeral wrote: »
    Sure f*ck personal responsibility.

EE3531D0C2F01AE82725D2CF284497BDF9D86024

edit - thats for the tweet by John Connors btw, not Omackeral's comment!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,040 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That's the Racist Councils fault now to be fair. I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

You'd have to wonder why newspapers are so scared of people who can't ****in read.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You'd have to wonder why newspapers are so scared of people who can't ****in read.

Give that man a can of coke......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Funnily enough he was very quiet the other week , when there was 60 garda at a funeral to stop people killing each other,

Dozens of gardaí were deployed to Longford town on Monday amid concerns of possible disturbances at the funeral of the matriarch of a large Traveller family.
    Several officers from the Garda­ Regional Support Unit (RSU) were drafted into the county to police the funeral of 93-year-old Maureen Stokes.
    The operation followed several violent incidents in the previous 24 hours during which a man was shot and another man sustained serious injuries in a suspected hatchet attack in Galway following the removal of Mrs Stokes. In a third incident, another man was the victim of a suspected acid attack.
    The incidents are being linked to an ongoing feud between two rival Traveller factions.
    They followed violent scenes almost 12 months earlier when a man was left fighting for his life in hospital in the aftermath of a car ramming incident in Ballymahon. The victim was stabbed in that incident, which took place shortly after a religious ceremony .

He's a wanker of the highest order. Poor me and my traveller people , we never done nothing to no one. The people who broke into aldi last year during the snowstorm, were only robbing off the big corporations to feed there families..lol, The more he talks and tweets the dumber he sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Lillyfae wrote: »

It would make you puke