Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 kids annuals

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just got my final one delivered there. An post delivery on a Saturday....weird!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Pretty sure all mine where cancelled. Got three separate emails over a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭murtyd17

ordered 8, 7 cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Corca Baiscinn

antodeco wrote: »
    Just got my final one delivered there. An post delivery on a Saturday....weird!

Got mine today too, had forgotten An Post now doing Sat deliveries but even weirder, got an An Post email yest saying they had delivered my items even tho' nobody was home! Came back last night & checked bin & shed, then when bell rang this am fully expected it to be a neighbour with the parcel but it was fear an phoist & written on box was "deliver Monday'!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

My last two arrived, one last night, one this morning. So that is 3 deliveries for a 6eur order, the whole thing is so bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I had 8 ordered (6 different books with 2 copies of 2 of them) and I had 3 cancelled initially which left 5 to be delivered. Got an email from them later saying 4 of them were "picked and being prepared for dispatching" and yesterday morning the 1 out of the 5 that wasnt mentioned arrived in the post.

Then last night I got an email saying that 1 of the 4 mentioned above wasnt available. The other 3 arrived this morning.

Very, very strange way of doing things. I cant understand why they would tell me that 4 books were being prepared for shipping only to notify me later saying one of them wasnt available.

Actually, here's the relevant part of the 2 separate emails......
    We’re writing to let you know that the items, listed below have been picked in our warehouse and are being prepared for dispatch.
    and then 24 hours later this...
    I regret to inform you that we are currently sold out of “Fortnite Ultimate Guide 2019 Annual” online and will not be able to send this with your order

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

7 ordered- all 7 cancelled........ Bah humbug!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Got 5 out of 10 so far. 3 more arrived separate from the first 2 that came the other day.
    I had to confiscate the Deadpool one as there's a big adults only warning on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,254 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Got mine today too, had forgotten An Post now doing Sat deliveries but even weirder, got an An Post email yest saying they had delivered my items even tho' nobody was home! Came back last night & checked bin & shed, then when bell rang this am fully expected it to be a neighbour with the parcel but it was fear an phoist & written on box was "deliver Monday'!
    I’ve filled a compliant with them over this. Seems to me that they list them as being delivered when they are not so as to satisfy a SLA (Service Level Agreement)

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Ordered 5.. 4 came and 1 cancelled. The 4 came im 2 diff deliveries. Happy with 4 thoughbit was a bargain.

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Is it really worth it ?

Yeah because they do it with amazon stuff aswell and they’ll be sure to deliver to me on time

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Corca Baiscinn

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Is it really worth it ?

Like you OmegaGene I find an Post generally excellent but I see Ted 1's point. I was scratching my head wondering where the Annuals were but if they had gone missing it wouldn't have been the end of the world. However, if it had been something of real value and I had specified a Mon delivery (when asked) because I knew Id be away earlier it would be annoying to get a email saying item had been delivered when I knew nobody was home to accept

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭minibear

All seven of the annuals I ordered (16/01) arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Got 5 out of 10 so far. 3 more arrived separate from the first 2 that came the other day.
    I had to confiscate the Deadpool one as there's a big adults only warning on it.

I was just about to comment on the Deadpool one. Eason's have it listed as being in category "Childrens 5 to 8". FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ordered 7, had 2 cancelled and refunded, the remaining 5 arrived yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Ordered 5, 3 came Saturday.
    2 separate emails about refunds, 1 refund received so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 onliner

Ordered 6, 2 cancelled and 2 deliveries. Happy enough with deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Ordered 6, 4 arrived in 3 packages same day. 2 refunded

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Another one arrived today. Their dispatch system wouldn't be the most efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

mine arrived in 2 batchs, 2 out 5 not in stock, but very happy and thank you OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Dealz are selling these in store for €1.50

The shop I was in - Lisduggan Waterford - had plenty of Paw Patrol and Shimmer & Shine.

2020 annuals are down to 2 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Free delivery is a strange one, no min. order amount

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Thanks for posting - just ordered 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Got Beano & Dandy .99c each in-store, Easons

Free delivery is a strange one, no min. order amount
    Free only if order is €10 or more....as I learned to my cost when I ordered 3 annuals :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

muffler wrote: »
    Free only if order is €10 or more....as I learned to my cost when I ordered 3 annuals :mad:

I ordered one and was charged €2 via paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 27,789 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Or pay with PayPal and they don't add on delivery.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Or pay with PayPal and they don't add on delivery.
    Yeah that's how I paid. At checkout the total was 6 Euro for 3 items and delivery was zero but when I got the confirmation email a further charge of 3.80 was added for delivery. I must contact them and look for a refund but I'm not hopeful as the delivery charges are clearly displayed on their web site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Yeah that's how I paid. At checkout the total was 6 Euro for 3 items and delivery was zero but when I got the confirmation email a further charge of 3.80 was added for delivery. I must contact them and look for a refund but I'm not hopeful as the delivery charges are clearly displayed on their web site.

that's sneaky, I've blocked my revolut so if they try they can go cancel it.
    Ordered a load of stuff for xmas and they cancelled half of it and sent everything seperately which was a nightmare in work. They obviously don't give a crap about postage costs.

Advertisement