Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nally’s SuperValu Trim 10 mile-3rd February ‘19@12pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Great set up and a fair course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Can someone lash up a Strava/Garmin link please.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Can someone lash up a Strava/Garmin link please.

One in the Race Profiles thread B but appears locked to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

OOnegative wrote: »
    One in the Race Profiles thread B but appears locked to me.

Check out my run on Strava: https://strava.app.link/ivnA6YoNHR

That should work.

One of the best races in Ireland. Great honest course, very well organised.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

This race has been steadily growing in numbers and was a sell out last year, we're limited to the same number (1500 entries) this year so advisable to get in early. No on the day registration, online only.

This year's shirt design will be finalised soon - it's another nice long sleeve top. Jan 6th will be the cut off to guarantee your t-shirt. No t-shirts will be available for registrations after that date.

Follow us on Facebook for the latest news/updates. Hope to see lots of you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Wottle

Using it as prep for the Berlin half, have heard nothing but good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

One of the better races out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Lombardo123

Just booked this for my first official race. Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Applegirl26

OOnegative wrote: »
    Few looking at this for build up to Spring marathons, super race on an honest route that has yielded many a PB since the race started. A 12pm start that suits if you plan on traveling and plenty of refreshments after in the local Hall.

Entry link:

https://www.popupraces.ie/events/nallys-supervalu-trim-10-mile-road-race-2019/

I'm in! Signed up a few weeks ago. Can't wait

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Just to note that this is filling up fast, I expect it will be full quite soon (we're over 1200 now and we close at 1500) - so please get registered if you intend running.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

Sold out now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Looking forward to it..... Kinda :D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Classic21

Missed out on the entry, entirely my own fault. Just wondering if there is another 10 miler around early February that anyone can recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

I'm not sure how / if transfers work for this but I have an entry for the John Tracey Dungarvan 10 miler the same day if anyone's interested in a transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 joejoew

Missed out on registering before this sold out so if anyone has a spare entry I'd gladly buy it. Transfers allowed until 13th I think.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Almapoop

Also looking for an entry if anyone can't make it now, would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mogrump

If anyone has an entry that they no longer need or know of anyone with one spare. PM me or just let me know via the boards.

Thanks mogrump

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dealerz2.0

Any link to 2018 results- tried searching but couldn't find one!
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Applegirl26

Just wondering what parking is like for this race?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dealerz2.0

Hi
    Last year, I think I parked in a designated area behind Lidl...which was grand...however it was a 20min walk to start line. I did see others parking in a industrial estate closer to the start line.

The good point of parking where I parked: I was walking by the hall that they had the cakes in post race!

.....Every cloud!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Any entries going? Race Organisers are happy to do transfers.......not for me, for a couple of mates. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Just wondering what parking is like for this race?
    Thanks

There is a public car park out the R154 just before Lidl, it’s a short run then to race start. It fills up fast though, parking is free around the town on a Sunday and all warm up distance to the start line.

We will send out a race pack to all entrants by email, probably Thurs or Friday. This will include a map of the nearest car park to you based on where you are arriving from.

We have 3 parking areas, two off the Athboy Road close to the race start, and another multistory car park (OPW) in Trim town. The Athboy Road ones will tend to fill up early, so parking in town/OPW is the alternative. Street parking in Trim is free on Sundays as are town car parks. Note that parking will not be permitted in the actual industrial estate.

Please DO NOT park in shopping centre car parks or in estates off the Athboy Road. We get great support from local businesses and residents and would like to keep it that way. Marshals will help you on the day.

As stated above, the OPW car park is around a mile from the start, probably 12 mins jog. You do pass the hall on the way back for a cuppa! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

How many to score on a team..? Not for myself, going down with a few of the fast girls from my club and one of them was asking me.

Dub13 wrote: »
    How many to score on a team..? Not for myself, going down with a few of the fast girls from my club and one of them was asking me.

4 for a team.

Best of luck tomorrow everyone running, hope you have a great race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Very impressed with this race. Well done to everyone involved.

I’ve had a tough time training/racing wise over the last year or so.

Turned a bit of a corner today.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Super Event. First time doing it despite it being relatively local to me. Really enjoyed it. Few hills but nothing of any significance. A very fair 10 miler this early in the year. Well organised. Lovely top and great spread of food afterwards. What more could you want !!

Advertisement