Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The future of this forum

• 20-05-2016 9:53pm
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

We have been undertaking a review of a number of Sports forums and Paintball has been identified as one for closure.

Before doing so we wanted to give any viewers (as there are clearly no "regulars" currently contributing to the forum) the opportunity to comment.

I will try and deal with any questions in connection with this proposal.

In terms of where people should post in connection with Paintball going forward I would propose any discussion could take place in the General Sports forum unless anyone believes there is another forum that could cater for such discussion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Perhaps paintball, airsoft and archery could be combined. They could go in the shooting forum, but I would imagine that it would be wiser to just combine the three mentioned, because the shooting forum is a different kettle of fish.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm looking to move this forward, and have been discussing it with the other Admins

So here's what we are proposing:

1. We will proceed to close the Sports forums I earmarked last year. At the same time we are proposing to introduce tagging within the General Sports forum, so any threads relating to Paintball will be clearly marked as such.
    2. We will add tags for sports that are already actively discussed in General Sports, such as the Olympics and Winter Olympics
    3. If there are any active threads in the forums that are being closed we will transfer them to General Sports
    4. There are one or two other sports that may benefit from tagging under "umbrella" titles (such as some of the Racquet sports) - equally they may attract more traffic if tagged within General Sports. I'll start discussions in some of those forums to gauge support for alternative options

If anyone who posts here has any further comments about these proposals I am happy to listen and discuss as appropriate.

Thanks

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, just to let you all know I'll be closing this forum to new posts over the weekend

Advertisement